Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trades

92.3 reporting this morning that trade talks are happening regarding Thomas, Mack and that Kruger is available.

Personally I think this is a good thing. Having a great left tackle has done exactly squat for the Browns, might as well get what they can while he's still in his prime. Mack wanted out last time his contract was up so if he's willing to waive his no trade clause then the team should pounce on that opportunity, especially with Erving in the wings. As for Kruger, meh theyre not using him right anyways.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Smattering of topical tweets:

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that if we trade JT. Mack, Kruger... meh.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Given farmers adroit skills we could trade all three and end up with a fourth rounder in return. I think its time to trade GM's.
    If you don't watch the games yourself and only parrot what the talking heads say YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE THAT I CARE TO READ BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHAT. i mean that in the best way possible of course. At the behest of a much respected one here I have altered my sig. Will he notice? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan1956 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given farmers adroit skills we could trade all three and end up with a fourth rounder in return. I think its time to trade GM's.
    Someone on radio said Farmer was directed to collect as many draft picks as he can to make the position attractive as possible for his replacement! hahahahah

Post Thanks / Like

Trading Thomas would be a hard pill to swallow.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Grossi on the pregame.

Rumors are the topic.

Says the Kruger rumor makes sense. The O line rumors do not.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ray Farmer trades Joe Thomas, I am finished. Mack and Kruger can go, I don't give a fuck, but there is no way we can trade Joe Thomas. It's just not happening. Fuck that right off immediately if not sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

To those who like/support farmer...do you think a real GM like Bill Polian would have done better with the draft opportunities farmer has had? It would be a dream come true to kick ray to the curb and bring Polian or someone of that skill level into this organization. BTW as with lombardi/banner, I am fully willing to help through ray and his shit out the door for free.
    If you don't watch the games yourself and only parrot what the talking heads say YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE THAT I CARE TO READ BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHAT. i mean that in the best way possible of course. At the behest of a much respected one here I have altered my sig. Will he notice? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    If Ray Farmer trades Joe Thomas, I am finished. Mack and Kruger can go, I don't give a fuck, but there is no way we can trade Joe Thomas. It's just not happening. Fuck that right off immediately if not sooner.

I kinda figured this would be the reaction of many. Is there any scenario you would be OK with trading him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LHCDawgPound View Post
    I kinda figured this would be the reaction of many. Is there any scenario you would be OK with trading him?
    Six first round picks, Tom Brady and a clause in his updated contract saying he can opt out and resign with Cleveland immediately following the trade.

Seriously though, I'd consider it for the top pick in the draft. Short of that, nothing. Don't care if it's a first and a second. Joe Thomas is sacrosanct. He's a future hall of famer who is lights out and locks down the blindside. He's key in our development. I want him watching a young quarterback's back. I want him to be a Cleveland Brown his entire career. I want our team to stand by our talent when it comes to men like him, who go above and beyond for our team. I want that shit rewarded with our undying love and unconditional support.

It's not like we've got some ace left tackle waiting in the wings. Best case scenario? We get a first round pick for him - that we then have to use replacing him with a dude who likely won't be as good - in fact, knowing our luck, he'll be a damn bust.

Farmer seems like he's in a panic. Upwards of four players, three of them big name, on the trade block mid-season? I think we're tanking, and he's lost his fucking mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys farmer doing stupid shit should not be a surprise. Its his track record...snickers, gilbert, irving (who sucks more than gravity at his draft position), west, Shall I continue? This guy wants to be Ozzie....he aint Ozzie, as a matter of fact he's not fit to wash Ozzies jock.

Fire farmer now before this gets worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Farmer seems like he's in a panic.
    Haslam probably told him to load up on picks for his successor lol.

Post Thanks / Like

You'd think he'd have to be fired. He's fucked up the draft, he's fucked up free agency, he's fucked up our players.

Seriously, at this point, I would welcome back Lombardi/Banner with OPEN ARMS. I would run into their arms, crying, pleading how much I missed them. Their incompetence was staggering, but stood next to Farmer, they were truly brilliant.

Ray Farmer is a fucking idiot, and I hope he dies today. Straight up. Heart attack. Hit by a bus. Raped by a moose. All of the above. Fuck him. Fuck him so damn hard.

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan1956 View Post
    Guys farmer doing stupid shit should not be a surprise. Its his track record...snickers, gilbert, irving (who sucks more than gravity at his draft position), west, Shall I continue? This guy wants to be Ozzie....he aint Ozzie, as a matter of fact he's not fit to wash Ozzies jock.

Fire farmer now before this gets worse.
    |Id just fire them both.. they both stink.. I dont care if we do start over.. we havent gotten anywhere.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I'm OK with trading Thomas.

Everything the Cleveland fucking browns has done has been wrong. I want change. Statuesque game managing bumpkin QB's for a fucking decade? Play a short cocky wildcard.

Same left tackle for 7 years? Change it up fuck it.

This team perennially sucks and I am coming to believe that everything that was ingrained in me about midwest football is goddamn wrong. Or at least the city of Cleveland cant do right.

SO lets do something different. Screw three yards and a cloud of dust lets run a spread offense, etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn BDU, you are cold blooded!

BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the Chapelle Show

Post Thanks / Like

That is me with the rumor of a trade. If they trade him, it's going to result in a six foot hole for Farmer and me in prison. I will reign down an unfathomable force of fury that will make that fat motherfucker think god has forsaken him and the antichrist has risen to wage armageddon upon his bald fucking head. He's going to need to seek protection from the UN, UNICEF, WHO, Team America and anybody who will listen, and it still wouldn't be enough. I will find him, I will destroy him, and tales of his demise will give children nightmares for centuries to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LHCDawgPound View Post
    This is why I'm OK with trading Thomas.

Everything the Cleveland fucking browns has done has been wrong. I want change. Statuesque game managing bumpkin QB's for a fucking decade? Play a short cocky wildcard.

Same left tackle for 7 years? Change it up fuck it.

This team perennially sucks and I am coming to believe that everything that was ingrained in me about midwest football is goddamn wrong. Or at least the city of Cleveland cant do right.

SO lets do something different. Screw three yards and a cloud of dust lets run a spread offense, etc etc.
    I agree about changing it up, but regarding the part in your quote in bold: That's just nonsense. You gotta come up with a better reason than, "Fuck it!" I mean, if the Browns get an offer they can't refuse, then they should seriously consider it, but JT is the best player this team has had since Jim Brown. Trading him away to just "change it up" is nonsense. Left Tackle is a top 3 most important position, and the Browns have arguably the greatest of all time.

-Al

Post Thanks / Like

Should of done all this in offseason.

Kruger isnt getting used right. Mack ainr worth half his money and thomas going downhill and we arent gonna win this year or next.

We meed to build young talent.

Gipson and haden aint done shit.
    Gilbert needs to play....poyer is our best safety.

Gaines ans campbell need to play.
    Erving needs to play and get experience.

We have to get joey bosa ezekiel elliott braxton miller darron lee and sterling shepard.

Fuck it.....taylor decker better then mack schwartz greco erving.

Our line sucks...and is penalized on 3rd down and fucks us.

Coaching. Oline coach drama hurt us but thomas always false starting. He could get called alot more. He moves constantly. Refs let him bc it him.

We arent winning.
    Theyre old.....and expensive and not helping us at all.

Time to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geech View Post
    I agree about changing it up, but regarding the part in your quote in bold: That's just nonsense. You gotta come up with a better reason than, "Fuck it!" I mean, if the Browns get an offer they can't refuse, then they should seriously consider it, but JT is the best player this team has had since Jim Brown. Trading him away to just "change it up" is nonsense. Left Tackle is a top 3 most important position, and the Browns have arguably the greatest of all time.

-Al
    Well yeah in my hyperbolic state i forgot to mention they would have to get value in return, im just saying noone on that roster should be above trying to replace if it can benefit the team.

Post Thanks / Like

So if we trade all of these guys, who's left to help Manziel?