Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This makes no sense.. a fire sale would indicate a new coaching staff.. not a new GM.

Ray Farmer is in charge of the front office... why would he do a "fire sale" for someone to take his job.. that doesn't make sense
    Farmer knowing it or not might be forcing Jimmy's hand. if he gets stood down.. the writing is on the wall. as in Jimmy veto's his trades.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 11-01-2015 at 06:29 PM.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

That's not what I'm arguing.

The trade deadline is tuesday. Unless ray us fired tonight. ..

Why would he willingly trade away players for picks knowing it's for another GM?

He wouldnt. I can see him either...

A: Trading players for other players that can help salvage this season so he can make a case for his job.

B: Trade players for picks with the understanding he won't be fired.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

That's not what I'm arguing.

The trade deadline is tuesday. Unless ray us fired tonight. ..

Why would he willingly trade away players for picks knowing it's for another GM?

He wouldnt. I can see him either...

A: Trading players for other players that can help salvage this season so he can make a case for his job.

B: Trade players for picks with the understanding he won't be fired.
    I'm saying....... if Jimmy says you ain't trading anybody. he's gone effectively now... but still in the in house till the end of the season.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats it.. smoke some more weed , Joe!
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

LA has changed his tune it seems.

He has been a lightweight farmer hater (really a Haslam hater though). Today however he did say some interesting things on twitter such as..

"Everyone seems so sure Farmers picks can't play...."

And

"Leaving Mccown in after the half may not have been the best Pettine descision"

He also said coaching has to be a part of it.

Think about it everyone.

Our defense was good last year. We didn't have much turnover.. maybe it's just that our scheme was figured out.. and we didn't adjust?

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    Farmer knowing it or not might be forcing Jimmy's hand. if he gets stood down.. the writing is on the wall. as in Jimmy veto's his trades.
    PLEASE -- somebody get some bodyguards and remove Ray Farmer from Cleveland and take him to Antarctica! The man is a walking Titantic.

Post Thanks / Like

In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

LA has changed his tune it seems.

He has been a lightweight farmer hater (really a Haslam hater though). Today however he did say some interesting things on twitter such as..

"Everyone seems so sure Farmers picks can't play...."

And

"Leaving Mccown in after the half may not have been the best Pettine descision"

He also said coaching has to be a part of it.

Think about it everyone.

Our defense was good last year. We didn't have much turnover.. maybe it's just that our scheme was figured out.. and we didn't adjust?
    The Browns can't adjust? No way .... After leading 20-10 and getting outscored 24-0 in the second half, gee, adjusting to the game as it transpires doesn't seem to be a problem at all for Pettine and his pathetic coaching staff! Pettine is a nice high school coach or position coach. Nothing more. Get him out of Cleveland!

The best move, though, would be to have Haslam sell the team to somebody who isn't a clown for an owner and who might actually have a capability to select a quality GM!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    The best move, though, would be to have Haslam sell the team to somebody who isn't a clown for an owner and who might actually have a capability to select a quality GM!
    Haslam's best move, if it's going to get blown up again, would be to hire a football consultant.

Someone like a Parcells or Polian.

Someone who can PROPERLY advise him on the type of people he should bring into the FO and then let the GM pick his coach, like a normal team does. I'm sure there are other instances of this but I swear Cleveland has constantly hired the HC before the GM.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

This makes no sense.. a fire sale would indicate a new coaching staff.. not a new GM.

Ray Farmer is in charge of the front office... why would he do a "fire sale" for someone to take his job.. that doesn't make sense
    Farmer needs to go and go far. I think it's a rumor, Mingo may be true and possibly Mack because he can opt out of his contract after this season. Don't believe Thomas is on the block. Maybe Kruger? Shit, idk they're all true.
    Last edited by Gambler; 11-01-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    The Browns can't adjust? No way .... After leading 20-10 and getting outscored 24-0 in the second half, gee, adjusting to the game as it transpires doesn't seem to be a problem at all for Pettine and his pathetic coaching staff! Pettine is a nice high school coach or position coach. Nothing more. Get him out of Cleveland!

Seems I heard a couple "respectable" posters on this forum tell me last season that making halftime adjustments was overrated lol. It may even have been after Pettine said something similar. I think Pettine sealed his fate today. I predict Farmer will try his best to distance himself from Pettine to try and save his job. Problem is they are joined at the hip and both share the ugly responsibility of losing.
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Halftime adjustments = wildly overrated.

Attitude adjustments happen during halftime, or a reminder of what you practiced all week, and that's about the extent of it.

You make adjustments throughout the game ....on the fly.

lol @ halftime adjustments.
    Last edited by TheBestPlayersPlay; 11-01-2015 at 11:35 PM.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Think about it everyone.

We've lost, or having been missing for most of this year - Gipson, Haden, Solomon,Taylor, Skrine, Rubin, Kitchen. We've got a lot of fresh faces out there.

On top of that, our good players just aren't as good. Dansby, Hitner and Kruger are all on the decline. The secondary is abysmal. That isn't scheme. Kruger isn't schemed, he literally just has to beat the tackle - the same as everyone else. The corners are still playing man coverage, which is the scheme of many players in the league and no different from what they're doing - cover x player - and they're getting beat like a teenager's junk on a lonely Friday.

The players just aren't playing well. We've got the worst defense in the NFL for a reason, and scheme is never the answer to such an extreme. It's why Armonty Bryant, Tashaun Gipson and K'Waun Williams are sticking our like a sore thumb - dudes are the only guys playing well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    Seems I heard a couple "respectable" posters on this forum tell me last season that making halftime adjustments was overrated lol. It may even have been after Pettine said something similar. I think Pettine sealed his fate today. I predict Farmer will try his best to distance himself from Pettine to try and save his job. Problem is they are joined at the hip and both share the ugly responsibility of losing.
    I can see the discussion in Haslam's office now. Farmer blaming Pettine for not playing the draft picks while Pettine is mumbling in his press conference voice about how the draft picks aren't good enough to be on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    Obviously the Cardinals made halftime adjustments! And to think Bruce Arians could have been a head coach in Cleveland. This franchise is the story of one blown opportunity after another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    Haslam's best move, if it's going to get blown up again, would be to hire a football consultant.

Someone like a Parcells or Polian.

Someone who can PROPERLY advise him on the type of people he should bring into the FO and then let the GM pick his coach, like a normal team does. I'm sure there are other instances of this but I swear Cleveland has constantly hired the HC before the GM.
    Haslam needs to do something. All his big personnel decisions so far have been total disasters! Just like his predecessor owner!
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-02-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

trade mack to seattle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1dawgfan View Post
    trade mack to seattle?
    Good idea if you get enough for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thomas to seahawks?

For their 3rd??? No way....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    I'd do it for a second round pick. But all this carrying on is worthless if the inept Farmer is still in place next spring.

Post Thanks / Like

I have vomit in my mouth at the mere thought...
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

If I could have it my way I would never get rid of Joe Thomas. The dude is a future Hall of Famer and a leader. I want him to retire a Brown. My reasons for wanting him to stay here go beyond the team's performance on the field in fairness. The guy has said time and time again that he wants to be here and I love him as a player too much to get rid of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    If I could have it my way I would never get rid of Joe Thomas. The dude is a future Hall of Famer and a leader. I want him to retire a Brown. My reasons for wanting him to stay here go beyond the team's performance on the field in fairness. The guy has said time and time again that he wants to be here and I love him as a player too much to get rid of him.
    There would be a big fan backlash if Thomas goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    Fuck. That.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count: 85 Browns, 165 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 298 total.