Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trades

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of trade rumors I think we should be talking about head coach and gm getting fired rumors. these guys suck! I'd trade my left nut to see these guys gone.
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read he is being investigated by the feds. a distraction like that could make anyone play bad.
    That also explains Haslam hiring Farmer, Chudzinski, Pettine, and anyone else who has worn a Browns polo in the last 2 years.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count: 84 Browns, 164 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 34 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 294 total.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure seems like the Browns shopping these players are only if some team wants to overpay.

Just what a team wants. To be taken by the Browns.

I'll be stunned if anything happens, other than maybe Kruger for like a fourth rounder.

-------------------

Last edited by OconRecon; 11-03-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    2017 Draft picks: #1, #12, #33, #52, #65, #108, #145, #175, #181, #185, #188 - 11 total
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - Two in 2nd (Eagles/Wentz & Texans/Osweiler), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 11 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, 2017 #12 (Eagles) & #52 (Titans), 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles) pick
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

Pinkston's take:

2017 Draft picks: #1, #12, #33, #52, #65, #108, #145, #175, #181, #185, #188 - 11 total
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - Two in 2nd (Eagles/Wentz & Texans/Osweiler), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 11 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, 2017 #12 (Eagles) & #52 (Titans), 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles) pick
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

"The Browns are open for business and just about everyone on the roster is available"

Wow.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq/0ap...trade-deadline

Post Thanks / Like

....and when the Browns don't trade anyone...Grossi and all those morons will just say...'typical Browns, can't even do a fire sale right' and still say that their bullshit rumors were accurate.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't coving for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    .'typical Browns, can't even do a fire sale right'
    Ha! Have to say, I don't want them to get rid of these guys. Maybe Kruger.

Mack may stay if JT is around, per Pinkston.
    I'm pretty sure it's safe to say Erving isn't close to JT's level.
    Mingo is our best SAM linebacker at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

B/R saying we want two firsts for JT...

I have to agree with Pinkston, this whole thing is just WTF, fantasy football BS.
    BROWNS 2017: TIME TO SHIT THE BED IN ANOTHER DRAFT, YAY!
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately View Post
    Instead of trade rumors I think we should be talking about head coach and gm getting fired rumors. these guys suck! I'd trade my left nut to see these guys gone.
    Amen, brother!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    "The Browns are open for business and just about everyone on the roster is available"

Wow.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq/0ap...trade-deadline
    This team has some good players. They often go to other teams and play well. A big part of the problem is coaching.

Anybody notice how UDFA Willie Snead we get along is emerging as a star receiver for New Orleans?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    Relax, bro.

We're gonna draft cardale jones and sign Matt cassel (so jonesy can sit and learn from the sidelines for 3 years then he will be ready to go when he's 29)

We have to keep the coaching staff because it's bad to not keep the coaching staff... Don't you understand!!
    Anybody watch Cassal the other day for the Cowboys? Horrific.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel a lot better about these trade rumors now that more "detail" has emerged. I think everyone else should too.

If the Browns are letting it be known that we're willing to be overpaid for anyone on our team; that's a good thing. Lots of really good franchises do similar things (New England, Philly, etc. to name a couple). The JT rumors are my exhibit.

First we hear the "trade him to Seattle for a 3rd" bullshit. That sounds like dumbassery for sure. Never put much stock in that report.

Now we hear they're asking 2 1sts or something similar. If some team was willing to give up 2 1sts for JT, I think you have to consider it. Especially if you have a well defined plan as to what you'd do with the bounty those two picks would represent. Maybe they love Goff. Maybe they love Manziel but see the dire situation at skill positions and edge rusher. Who knows?

I just feel better hearing that they're playing the rare supply element to their advantage to test demand. Thomas, at least, is just too damn good to give up for anything less than a, relative, King's ransom.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to merge this in to the other trade thread...
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Have to say, I don't want them to get rid of these guys. Maybe Kruger.

Mack may stay if JT is around, per Pinkston.
    I'm pretty sure it's safe to say Erving isn't close to JT's level.
    Mingo is our best SAM linebacker at the moment.
    Mack issued a statement saying he will not allow himself to be traded. I found that interesting. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...o-trade-clause

Re Joe Thomas, evidently the Broncos were willing to give up a first round pick but the Browns also wanted promising LB Shaq Barratt. Broncos said no deal. But they are desperate, for sure.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-03-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

...and the backpedaling has begun...

For all talk and speculation about potential trades for Cleveland, Browns not expected to make any major trades before today's deadline.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 3, 2015

To be specific, Browns were asking two 1st-round picks for OT Joe Thomas. They won't get that.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 3, 2015
    But then again...I think the Kruger thing might be legit...and Rappaport is still on it...

#Browns are motivated sellers. I’m told they’d be willing to pay some of OLB Paul Kruger’s (prorated) $7M salary to complete a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 3, 2015
    The way the D is starting to be put together, I think a transition to 4-3 is on the horizon...that makes Kruger expendable. It may also mean that in the 4-3, Mingo may play WILL, with Robertson the MIKE and Kirksey the SAM (or interchange those two???).
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't coving for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

The trade deadline is 4p.
    Pett and Ray schedule to talk right around 4p, or shortly thereafter.

Hoping much to do about nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

The trade deadline is 4p.
    Pett and Ray schedule to talk right around 4p, or shortly thereafter.

Hoping much to do about nothing.

Other teams too distracted laughing that the Browns wanted a third round pick for Mingo.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my phone so hard to quote and paste links from work but supposedly a deal was in place to trade JT to Denver for a 1st and a 2nd.

The deal was said to have not been done in time but I'm reading that if it came down to reworking the cap that teams could go over the 4pm deadline.

Stay tuned.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Ok nvm.

Had nothing to do with cap room. Deal just couldn't get done.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the report that we wanted two firsts better... from Denver, the way that's going that's like essentially trading him for a 2nd and 3rd round pick...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Trivisonno said Browns offered Thomas and a 4th for Denver's 1st and 2nd. I would have defected to becoming a Broncos fan if they had actually done that. Hell, the fact they thought they had that deal done is almost enough for me to give up on this whole thing.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count: 84 Browns, 164 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 34 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 294 total.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't Denver taken enough from us!?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedPagel View Post
    Trivisonno said Browns offered Thomas and a 4th for Denver's 1st and 2nd. I would have defected to becoming a Broncos fan if they had actually done that. Hell, the fact they thought they had that deal done is almost enough for me to give up on this whole thing.
    Trivisonno needs his head examined. My 6th grader wouldn't have published such nonsense under his name.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen All-Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

There's that sucking sound again.......

" There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!