Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Mess

Post Thanks / Like

Default What A Mess

Well gents, at the halfway mark of the season I think we can officially lay this season to rest. It's over this year and the plane has only BEGUN its nosedive. Yet again the dysfunction is real in Cleveland.

Some thoughts...

I think the locker room is all but lost and will soon be in "fuck it" mode.

I think those reports of "anonymous" Browns players unhappy with O'Neil and the scheme are true. Example of this? We picked up Kruger to rush the passer last year, which he did very well... yet in the span of less than a year he is reportedly on the trade block and it sounds like he is unhappy here based on a recent quote he gave MKC. Said he isn't surprised about the trade rumors "based on the way things have been playing out". I mean this defensive scheme and play calling has Kruger dropping back in damn coverage. Why?!

I think Pettine needs to remove O'Neil and take over play calling duties on defense if he has any hope of saving his job.

Speaking of saving jobs... I desperately want to see continuity but Farmer and Pettine are not doing themselves any favors to make a case they should stay. I hate to think this way but I'm expecting a blow up at the end of the year, unless those two un-fuck themselves real fast.

Cleveland media (Grossi) was on the post-game talking about a feud between Farmer and Pettine being a real thing. Idk if this is Grossi being Grossi but there certainly seems to be some evidence to support it. This however goes back to my previous paragraph. If these two dickheads are using the players and team as ammo for their own little war then they both need to be fucking gone.

I hate seeing this team implode yet again. Kills me.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I've said for a long time this defensive scheme sucks. It may be sound, but these players cannot execute it. You're right, I think Pettine is done in Cleveland, just hope Farmer is too.

Post Thanks / Like

They gone
    (clearing my throat) predicted this in training camp or sooner i forget. happy about it good riddance. they sucked.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well gents, at the halfway mark of the season I think we can officially lay this season to rest. It's over this year and the plane has only BEGUN its nosedive. Yet again the dysfunction is real in Cleveland.

Some thoughts...

I think the locker room is all but lost and will soon be in "fuck it" mode.

I think those reports of "anonymous" Browns players unhappy with O'Neil and the scheme are true. Example of this? We picked up Kruger to rush the passer last year, which he did very well... yet in the span of less than a year he is reportedly on the trade block and it sounds like he is unhappy here based on a recent quote he gave MKC. Said he isn't surprised about the trade rumors "based on the way things have been playing out". I mean this defensive scheme and play calling has Kruger dropping back in damn coverage. Why?!

I think Pettine needs to remove O'Neil and take over play calling duties on defense if he has any hope of saving his job.

Speaking of saving jobs... I desperately want to see continuity but Farmer and Pettine are not doing themselves any favors to make a case they should stay. I hate to think this way but I'm expecting a blow up at the end of the year, unless those two un-fuck themselves real fast.

Cleveland media (Grossi) was on the post-game talking about a feud between Farmer and Pettine being a real thing. Idk if this is Grossi being Grossi but there certainly seems to be some evidence to support it. This however goes back to my previous paragraph. If these two dickheads are using the players and team as ammo for their own little war then they both need to be fucking gone.

I hate seeing this team implode yet again. Kills me.
    Just my 0.02 Pettine (or the scouts) must have seen Josh was hurt- and still no call to the bullpen. Nice knowing ya Mike Take JFF out of the equation, and you're 1-10 of late. In case you don't know it (and I'm sure you do) that's enough to get you canned. How many more losses will Haslam tolerate?

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. Guys. It makes my head hurt just thinking what sort of situation we are set up for for next season. What veteran quarterback re-tread do we have to sit through? Are we going to have to sit through yet another stomach churning head coaching search? Is all hope for next season lost already? I honestly feel so completely pessimistic about this team right now, it's kind of depressing. Just wait until the 7-0 Bengals eviscerate us this Thursday. This situation is fucked guys. It really is.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the OP for reasons I stated on another thread. These 2 are joined at the hip and need to go. Fuck continuity when it leads to losing.
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoorta View Post
    How many more losses will Haslam tolerate?
    8 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    8 ?
    Well, at least we'll get a top 5 draft pick, oh wait, we usually fuck that up too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    Well, at least we'll get a top 5 draft pick, oh wait, we usually fuck that up too.
    Please we can't do that. not again

Post Thanks / Like

We'll end up with 4 or 5 wins.... just enough to screw ourselves over in the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, with the way things are going I see 1 more win and that's if we're lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    We'll end up with 4 or 5 wins.... just enough to screw ourselves over in the draft.
    Nah
    we were gifted that game today. see how that worked out. 1 more win maybe

Post Thanks / Like

The Browns = the Movie "Groundhog Day". I've had season tickets since '99, 8 more losses might put me over the edge to dump 'em.
    Last edited by hoorta; 11-01-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Browns = the Movie "Groundhog Day". I've had season tickets since '99, 8 more losses might put me over the edge to dump 'em.
    You're better than that. Think of things that make you laugh. The Browns. Look, if Johnson Bademosi is a better corner than Justin Gilbert, how bad is Justin Gilbert? That's funny! Don't trade Gilbert, cut him. Who would be dumb enough to trade for him? the Colts, naw we already did that.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't give up now. when your down this far nowhere to go but up.

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts

1. No NFL team can be this bad at running the ball. The blocking scheme is obviously a large part of the problem

2. I can say this without bias (Manziel fan). Pettine hurt the TEAM by leaving McCown in the second half. He is a warrior but it was obvious to everyone that he was not functioning at full capacity or even at a level to be productive.

3. The defense has as much talent this year as last year. Why the difference? You have to put a lot of the blame on the coordinator.

4. Some of us on this board have argued for playing Manziel and develop him on the field. I think that opinion has been validated. Not because he is better at the current moment. The Browns are on pace to put together 10-12 wins over two seasons. Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater will have played two full seasons. Bortles is still struggling, Carr has turned the corner and Bridgewater has been steady average. All three have benefitted from playing. The first two have looked very bad at times. The Browns had the perfect opportunity to develop Manziel, chose not to and have set the franchise back regardless of who plays QB in the future.

5. Pettine is gone in my opinion. The only question is whether Farmer is out the door also.

6. Quality coaching may not make this a playoff team, but I guarantee it would make a huge difference. We seem to have no fire. No sense of urgency. Major break downs on defense every week. I think Pettine is a nice guy, but these flaws inevitably are a reflection of leadership.

7. Play Manziel. Play Gilbert on defense. Play Erving. Play Orchard. Play Bibbs.

8. Bench Dray. Bench Crowell (Probably a lot of disagreement here but the guy just doesn't have the feel for the position).

9. 2016 draft: Pick the best offensive playmaker on the board regardless of position. If it's a wide receiver, running back or QB take the best available.
    Last edited by BruceWayne; 11-01-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

When are they going to get a Head Coach with a pulse? You let McCown take a beating all day and do nothing. THIS IS YOUR TEAM!!! If McCown doesn't want to come out, you take him out. I wonder who will be attending Josh McCown's funeral at the end of the season?

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm teetering on the edge of fuck it mode myself.

I know blowing up the team leads to years of losing while rebuilding, but I don't fucking care anymore. Fuck them. Blow it all up.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw this on another forum. Had to post it. Hilarious lol.

Last edited by next2nothing; 11-02-2015 at 05:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    When are they going to get a Head Coach with a pulse? You let McCown take a beating all day and do nothing. THIS IS YOUR TEAM!!! If McCown doesn't want to come out, you take him out. I wonder who will be attending Josh McCown's funeral at the end of the season?
    I feel for the guy. He's about the only one on this entire team who gives his all. The rest just go through the motions! It's pathetic. Part of it is coaching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
    Random thoughts

1. No NFL team can be this bad at running the ball. The blocking scheme is obviously a large part of the problem

2. I can say this without bias (Manziel fan). Pettine hurt the TEAM by leaving McCown in the second half. He is a warrior but it was obvious to everyone that he was not functioning at full capacity or even at a level to be productive.

3. The defense has as much talent this year as last year. Why the difference? You have to put a lot of the blame on the coordinator.

4. Some of us on this board have argued for playing Manziel and develop him on the field. I think that opinion has been validated. Not because he is better at the current moment. The Browns are on pace to put together 10-12 wins over two seasons. Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater will have played two full seasons. Bortles is still struggling, Carr has turned the corner and Bridgewater has been steady average. All three have benefitted from playing. The first two have looked very bad at times. The Browns had the perfect opportunity to develop Manziel, chose not to and have set the franchise back regardless of who plays QB in the future.

5. Pettine is gone in my opinion. The only question is whether Farmer is out the door also.

6. Quality coaching may not make this a playoff team, but I guarantee it would make a huge difference. We seem to have no fire. No sense of urgency. Major break downs on defense every week. I think Pettine is a nice guy, but these flaws inevitably are a reflection of leadership.

7. Play Manziel. Play Gilbert on defense. Play Erving. Play Orchard. Play Bibbs.

8. Bench Dray. Bench Crowell (Probably a lot of disagreement here but the guy just doesn't have the feel for the position).

9. 2016 draft: Pick the best offensive playmaker on the board regardless of position. If it's a wide receiver, running back or QB take the best available.
    Playmakers, playmakers, playmakers. Yes, get playmakers! Look at how much Oakland is progressing with playmakers! Look how nearly every successful team has playmakers! How can Farmer and Pettine be so dense!

Post Thanks / Like

kiss both their asses bye.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy can sell the team , too.. he's an asshole incapable of owning one
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    Jimmy can sell the team , too.. he's an asshole incapable of owning one
    Oh, the problems begin with Haslam who has hired horrible people.