Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What A Mess

Post Thanks / Like

1. Agree, but I think it's half on the blocking and half on the RB's... Why does it seem like our RB's always seem less effective at finding the holes and getting positive yardage?

2. I didn't see the game but the fact that we allowed so many un-answered points and scored zero points in the second half says it all. At least you can admit your bias, I respect that, but the coach has to be able to make the call and it seems like he did not.

3. Hit the nail on the head. I think O'Neil needs to go.

4. ALL of the rookie QB's from Manziel's draft class have looked horrible, as has Manziel, at times. The Browns set the franchise back by pursuing this idea that we can be a winning football team with mediocre veterans, but that's football. Manziel deserves his shot and I am starting to wonder just what it's going to take for him to get that. Put the baby to bed, the time is now.

5. Fire em' both, it's shit but honestly I can't recall more BS surrounding this team than since we hired Pettine (the whole Chip Kelly fuck fest) and fired LomBannner, and the texting scandal and everything else. It's just ridiculous. Hire a GM FIRST.... let the GM hire a coach who he feels philosophically kindred with.

6. This really feels like an extension of the previous point. The team has not been the same since we started McCown over Manziel after the emotional Tennessee victory...

7. Feels like PGL's craaaazy theory here (just saying).

8. Agreed completely, start Bibbs over Dray and see what the kid can do. IS he that bad a blocker he can't play with Barnidge?

9. Agree... but cynical browns fan says when have we ever done that lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Random thoughts

1. No NFL team can be this bad at running the ball. The blocking scheme is obviously a large part of the problem

2. I can say this without bias (Manziel fan). Pettine hurt the TEAM by leaving McCown in the second half. He is a warrior but it was obvious to everyone that he was not functioning at full capacity or even at a level to be productive.

3. The defense has as much talent this year as last year. Why the difference? You have to put a lot of the blame on the coordinator.

4. Some of us on this board have argued for playing Manziel and develop him on the field. I think that opinion has been validated. Not because he is better at the current moment. The Browns are on pace to put together 10-12 wins over two seasons. Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater will have played two full seasons. Bortles is still struggling, Carr has turned the corner and Bridgewater has been steady average. All three have benefitted from playing. The first two have looked very bad at times. The Browns had the perfect opportunity to develop Manziel, chose not to and have set the franchise back regardless of who plays QB in the future.

5. Pettine is gone in my opinion. The only question is whether Farmer is out the door also.

6. Quality coaching may not make this a playoff team, but I guarantee it would make a huge difference. We seem to have no fire. No sense of urgency. Major break downs on defense every week. I think Pettine is a nice guy, but these flaws inevitably are a reflection of leadership.

7. Play Manziel. Play Gilbert on defense. Play Erving. Play Orchard. Play Bibbs.

8. Bench Dray. Bench Crowell (Probably a lot of disagreement here but the guy just doesn't have the feel for the position).

9. 2016 draft: Pick the best offensive playmaker on the board regardless of position. If it's a wide receiver, running back or QB take the best available.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

This franchise is the worst thing in my life. I've followed the Browns since 1980. I'm done. I hate to say it, but this franchise has given a whole generation nothing but misery and failure. It hurts to say it, but it will never change. From each GM to coach to owner, the beat stays the same. I haven't been to a game since 2009 (a loss btw) and tell my 7 year old son to root for the Packers or Colts. What really burns me is watching other franchises rebuild 2 or 3 times (San Fran, Pitt, Seattle, Baltimore) before we can win once. I wish they never came back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Force Ten View Post
    This franchise is the worst thing in my life. I've followed the Browns since 1980. I'm done. I hate to say it, but this franchise has given a whole generation nothing but misery and failure. It hurts to say it, but it will never change. From each GM to coach to owner, the beat stays the same. I haven't been to a game since 2009 (a loss btw) and tell my 7 year old son to root for the Packers or Colts. What really burns me is watching other franchises rebuild 2 or 3 times (San Fran, Pitt, Seattle, Baltimore) before we can win once. I wish they never came back.

They didn't come back. They are in Baltimore under a diff name and just won a 2nd SB a few years ago. This incarnation is an impostor, a shitty Hollywood reboot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    They didn't come back. They are in Baltimore under a diff name and just won a 2nd SB a few years ago. This incarnation is an impostor, a shitty Hollywood reboot.