Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Interesting Theory Based only on rumors and speculation. Pettine V Farmer

Post Thanks / Like

Heres some..

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

PGL, its probably tough to read a ton into post game comments after a defense gets flat out abused like that. I'm not saying there isn't a disconnect between players and coaches, but those quotes could simply be frustration and other related stuff. There's also a lack of context as to what they were in response to. I'd love to see/hear them directly.

I mean is anyone truly surprised? We had 4th/5th/6th corners out there today. No Haden. No Whitner. Desir looked to not be playing the second half. Did he get hurt?

And, we were facing probably one of the top 3 passing offenses in football. It was a damn track meet.

I'm not trying to make excuses but the fact is we were personnel overmatched in the defensive backfield today. Just overmatched. Pittsburgh knew it and decided not to run the ball against the 32nd ranked defense with a RB coming off a near 200 yard game the week before. This with their franchise QB forced into action with a bad foot. Why put him at risk? Answer: They knew our DB talent stood ZERO chance of keeping them in check. No need to protect Ben and run the ball. Just throw it up and let their guys run by our guys.

Attrition, lack of depth, whatever. Put it another way, was there a scheme under the sun that could have protected that DB group today? I can't think of one.