Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals week!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengals week!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO! YES, YES, YES!!!

We're gonna take'em to the woodshed and...

We're , we're, we're...

We...

Hmm....

Deep breath...

Sigh...

Pffft...

Eh...

Uhh...

ShhhhhhhhPOP - fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-----

Ok, screw it.

Here's what I'd love to see this week.

1) Cut D-Bo - NOW
    2) Activate Bibbs - He's played a ton of wide receiver in his formative years
    3) Duke - a ton of him
    4) Manziel - yes, it's throwing him to the dogs, but desperate times and all
    5) Run whatever D we ran against Mariota
    6) Order Hartline a crate of this: http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Sticku...ickem+football

GO BROWNS!!!
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Draft countdown clock: http://www.draftcountdown.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We're , we're, we're...

We...

Hmm....

Deep breath...

Sigh...

Pffft...

Eh...

Uhh...

-----

Ok, screw it.

1) Cut D-Bo - NOW
    3) Duke - a ton of him
    6) Order Hartline a crate of this: http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Sticku...ickem+football

GO BROWNS!!!
    This might line up to be a career make or break game for Manziel. Can you imagine the Media frenzy if he could somehow (LOL I know it wont actually happen) start against the Bengals and lead this team to victory after the abysmal start he had last year against them??? Talk about redemption, thats the shit movies are made of!

Conversely if he goes out against them and bombs, again, there will be enough of Johnny's blood in the water to make Mary Kay orgasm.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel in a Bengals rematch

I'm not sure if that would be awesome or idiotic

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

It'd be the ol' high risk / high reward dealeo.

I'm betting McCown starts, we lose, that'd make him 1-6 as our starter, and the Manziel discovery phase of the season begins.
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wonder what Pettine says to Jimmy and farmer after each loss.. it cant be a good pow wow.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We're , we're, we're...

We...

Hmm....

Deep breath...

Sigh...

Pffft...

Eh...

Uhh...

-----

Ok, screw it.

1) Cut D-Bo - NOW
    3) Duke - a ton of him

GO BROWNS!!!
    Dalton did not look good yesterday so maybe there is some hope for the defense. Hill is hobbling, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    I just wonder what Pettine says to Jimmy and farmer after each loss.. it cant be a good pow wow.
    Haslam: "How come you didn't use Johnson in the second half?"
    Pettine: "Johnson, I used that a lot after the game!"

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be the ol' high risk / high reward dealeo.

I'm betting McCown starts, we lose, that'd make him 1-6 as our starter, and the Manziel discovery phase of the season begins.
    I still say the change will come with the bye week after week 10 when they are 2-8 or 3-7.

Post Thanks / Like

Its definitely Manziel time. The only question is do you really make the switch on a short week going into an undefeated team's house? I won't lose my mind if they push it off one more week. This match-up, with this team's mental state, could be even uglier than last year's second Bengals game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Its definitely Manziel time. The only question is do you really make the switch on a short week going into an undefeated team's house? I won't lose my mind if they push it off one more week. This match-up, with this team's mental state, could be even uglier than last year's second Bengals game.
    I think its the best week to trot out Manziel. You play up the McCown injury situation as the reason and if Johnny delivers it's all sunshine and roses. If he struggles you have a ton of outs, (short week, pressed into service due to injury, undefeated opponent playing at home, blah, blah, blah). I think win or lose the kid will outplay expectations and will give the team the space needed to make the switch full time.

Post Thanks / Like

I like your thinking Brutal

Post Thanks / Like

Well. . . I'm sure the plan wasn't to play McCown so JFF could watch and learn and be ready to take over at the Bengals, at least I hope not.

The plan was probably to wait until the bye week (unless by some miracle we were winning) so he could get a long prep for the Steeler game.

So I won't be surprised if McCown (if he can play) starts this week.

I'm going to support the FO and Pettine here for handling JFF like they have so far. I think they wanted to get the offense some experience by playing the vet McCown until they were out of contention. Then bring in JFF to an offense that's not playing terrible, other than the running game.

I'm with Greythan that the Browns desperately need continuity, that dumping Pettine should be a last option. Farmer? Well. . . I won't be butthurt if he goes. But I'm not ready to give up on Pettine, even though the defense makes me sick.
    Last edited by Martin Eden; 11-02-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brutalfacts View Post
    I think its the best week to trot out Manziel. You play up the McCown injury situation as the reason and if Johnny delivers it's all sunshine and roses. If he struggles you have a ton of outs, (short week, pressed into service due to injury, undefeated opponent playing at home, blah, blah, blah). I think win or lose the kid will outplay expectations and will give the team the space needed to make the switch full time.
    It's just that Manzizel has so little time to prepare with such a short week.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like we're going to have our asses handed to us just like that pivotal game vs Cinci last year...
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ill tell you what.

After seeing Joe Thomas and Gipson play yesterday...

Then hearing what they have said the past 2 days.

I love those guys. Dont trade Thomas.. and re-sign Gipson because they dont quit.

I LOVE THAT

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

They will probably give mccown all reps this week.

He wont make it to halftime. So... Manziel comes in with no practice with ones and short week against best team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post

He wont make it to halftime. So... Manziel comes in with no practice with ones and short week against best team
    The Browns being the Browns.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we kick the piss out of these fuckwits. I fucking hate Kentucky. Their stupid fucking fans, tiger logo and their shitty uniforms all make me want to swing punches.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post

Bengals have a pretty decent pass rush. You may be right -- a short night for the beleagured McCown, an older version of the Tim Couch story!

Post Thanks / Like

Pettine's quote on Gilbert/Manziel PT question seems consistent with the we'll-see-them-when-its-over (playoff possibilities) mantra.

Post Thanks / Like

3) Duke - a ton of him

Last edited by OconRecon; 11-02-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been concerning, IMO Duke has looked better than Crow. A wholly more complete talent.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    It's been concerning, IMO Duke has looked better than Crow. A wholly more complete talent.
    Duke is a fine talent and we have yet to see him run the ball effectively, which he can do if the line can open holes for him. But Johnson will never be the type of battering ram rusher all teams need, too, if you need to run the ball over 20 times a game.