Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals week!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but the way Crowell has been running, we don't have that battering ram we thought we had either. How did we go from 3 promising young backs to still needing a RB?
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

What's Flip's response to the Duke utilization theme?

Post Thanks / Like

Duke needs 10 rushes a game and 6-10 passing attempts. more screens and draws when they arent expecting it.

Manziel, Gilbert, Duke Johnson, EJ bibbs, Campbell, Gaines, Cooper, Orchard,kwuan williams, Erving, Shelton, and Poyer all need to play.

Whitner, Haden, Mccown(after this game), Crowell, Turbin, Tramon Williams, Paul kruger(if not rushing and playing like he can), and desmond bryant all need to be benched....or cut...or traded.

Armonty Bryant, Gipson, Campbell, Kirksey, Dansby, Duke, Barnidge, and kwuan williams all looked like nfl starters who are young...talented....have heart...and are still fighting and wont lay down and give up. They arent getting 10 mill a year and not care if we win or lose.

Pettine has drawn the line in the sand. He is fired and he knows it. He basically saying it.... he wont even comment on why our best offensive player duke johnson didnt even get to play in 2nd half when we were stalling and mccown couldnt even make a play. He knew Mccown couldnt lead the team to victory....but instead of letting Manziel and Duke be a HIGHLIGHT REEL....and make Pettine look stupid for not backing manziel. He let mccown get beat down and not DO SHITTTT.... let turbin fumble....let crowell run into linemen for no gain....didnt take hartline out and play gabriel more. Gabriel had that diving grab that no other WR on the team could make.

still no ej bibbs that I know of.
    bademosi comes in..... not gaines or gilbert
    Campbell came in and PLANTED THE WR. BEST FORM TACKLE IVE SEEN A BROWNS PLAYER MAKE IN A LOOONNGGG TIME. because he dont get to play and aint been coached to grab the shoulder pads high and get ran over. Thats mike pettine school of tackling and jim oneil approved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Campbell came in and PLANTED THE WR. BEST FORM TACKLE IVE SEEN A BROWNS PLAYER MAKE IN A LOOONNGGG TIME. because he dont get to play and aint been coached to grab the shoulder pads high and get ran over. Thats mike pettine school of tackling and jim oneil approved.
    15 yards downfield Einstein. For a play to actually be epic, it has to actually result in a favorable outcome.

Its like celebrating blowing a guy up as he catches a TD on you. Who cares?

Post Thanks / Like

The world does not revolve around Johnny Manziel.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

The reaosn for Crows decline the the blocking scheme.

Deny it all you want but our blocking scheme this year isnt anywhere near the same. The running scheme isnt the same either.

The other problem I see, and this is just what it looks like to me, is Crow only running where the play is designed and not to daylight. So he only gets yards, if theres daylight where its designed.

Problem is either...

A: Vision

or

B: Fear straying from the design

I could see both, he may be afraid to end up in the dog house, another positive to just running where your told is you can always say its not your fault, its the coaches and/or line
    Last edited by PlaygroundLegend; 11-02-2015 at 05:06 PM.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

flips excuse.........we have a scheduled rotation. Crowell is the starter.... turbin and duke split backup carries. Pettine makes call on who gets what, and if Duke is hot then we take him out the game because we dont want anyone to see that Duke Johnson is best runningback ever drafted by the browns as a receiver already. He would be a probowler if we ran power running scheme and had manziel in there so defense has to account for him gashing them with legs and arm. We dont pull anyone... we have no lead blockers... we get 0 push off the line,

lael collins UDFA making hardly anything is better then any lineman we have.........WE COULD HAVE TOOK HIM INSTEAD OF MAYLE.

Man, it makes me sick to sit and think how good we would be with odell beckham jr or amari cooper, Lael collins as 6th round pick . Melvin gordon or andrus peat, Agoholar, or shane ray. I think Devante Parker will still be a STUDDD with a great QB and healthy.

trading our 2nd rounder...not kendricks... perryman or dorial green beckham. We get orchard....Jake Fisher probably better then Erving

clive walford is HUUGGGEE for raiders. He gonnna be great for them, tyler lockett, but I do love the Duke Johnson pick. He is 2nd best RB beside gurley and I said it. Gurley is MONNSSSTERRRR, but DUke Johnson is too and he needs used and used right.

arik armstead, benardick mckinney, and eddie goldman all doing better then orchard and shelton.

Post Thanks / Like

tell ya one RB not getting shit outa my time is turbin. big reason seattle let him walk for a rookie.
    turbin never done shit, always had fumbleitis to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1dawgfan View Post
    tell ya one RB not getting shit outa my time is turbin. big reason seattle let him walk for a rookie.
    turbin never done shit, always had fumbleitis to.
    Dude's had 2 fumbles in 250 career carries. Where's the fumbleitis problem?

Post Thanks / Like

It was 10 yarda downfield but atleast he hit somebody.

5 other guys were dancing with him and those same players been dancing not hitting all year.

Just nice to see someone actually tackle. If we cant tackle(grabbing hands and pads shoulder level is not tackling).

Defense is soft as fuck. We dont hit or dominate anyone ever... 500 yards.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be at this game, and I really hope to see the same thing I saw when I went to the Thursday night game last year... but I'm not holding my breath...
    #WeBarkTogether
    #Believeland

Post Thanks / Like

The Browns seem to have the Bengals' number, but if the Browns try to run the ball and stop the run, they will get blown out. I can see 200+ yards rushing from the Bengals. Marv will attack the weakness, because that's what good coaches do, unlike bad coaches who bash their philosophy into brick walls.

The forecast is 74F and cloudy for Thursday in Cincy. Windy rain is not in the forecast until Friday. Should be a pleasant cloudy night in the 60s by kickoff.

-Al

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    It's been concerning, IMO Duke has looked better than Crow. A wholly more complete talent.
    i agree, the problem with Duke is durability.
    JM will get all the reps with the ones this week, but Josh starts even if he has to wear armor plating and use a walker.
    Now that Hartline is mostly likely out, Bowe starts!

Post Thanks / Like

Bowe is Boweful this week...

My prediction

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I miss Hee Haw... especially them overall wearin' hot chicks...

But as Browns fans ... Pain, Suffering, and Misery! Hate, Violence, and War!

From where I stand I see
    Pain, suffering and misery
    Yeah

The more I see, the more I see
    The less, the less I believe

From where I stand I see
    Hate, violence and war, oh

The more I see, the more I see, ooh

The more I see, the more I see, aah
    The less, the less I believe, I believe

From where I stand I see
    Pain, suffering and misery
    Yeah

The more I see, the more I see, no

The more I see, the more I see
    The more I see, yeah, the more I see, yeah
    The more I see, yeah

-Al

Post Thanks / Like

Best rock n roll band ever right there
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszlerweiler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with Hartline and Hawk out, I would think so...

WR Dwayne Bowe will play Thursday night #Browns

A photo posted by Daryl Ruiter (@ruiterwrong) on

Last edited by OconRecon; 11-03-2015 at 09:29 PM.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

When Manziel starts this thursday---with a team beat up on a short week with two recievers out against a undefeated team that many claim hammerred his ass last year...

Can we put to bed this ridiculous notion the Organization has a 'plan for him'?

And i predeict the same subtle celebratory 'told you so' tone in pettine's voice in the presser.

Deja vu... All over again... Been saying it for months now... Well before the season.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Deja vu doesn't occur here

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the Johnny fans serious right now?

You guys have been screaming for him to start all year, spewing vitriolic nonsense at the coach for not starting him, but now it looks like he'll start as a result of injury and you guys are pissed off about the circumstances of it!?

What the actual fuck. Nobody can win. If Pettine starts Manziel, he's the bad guy. If he starts Davis or McCown, he'll be the bad guy again. The dude literally cannot satisfy any of you.

Johnny is the back-up. If McCown can't got, Johnny is the next man up. Doesn't matter that the team is banged up, it's a short week, what the organization's plan for him is or if it's a good team like Cinci. It's what he has to do.

I understand it isn't actually a problem, it's just the preemptive excuses ritual we see every week, but for the love of all things sacrosanct - enough!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anybody's the bad guy, BDU. It's just a tough start for any backup with one day of practice and two injured WRs. It's far from optimal, no doubt.

It would've been bad on McCown for different reasons: He's dinged but he's had all the reps.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

It sucks hardcore, but it doesn't mean the organization "doesn't have a plan for him" much less put the discussion to bed. That shit is insanity.

In fact, I think this is WHY Pettine has being trying to avoid it like the plague. We can't run the ball, we can't play any form of defense (No pass rush, no run stopping, no pass defense) and the injuries are mounting. It's sucked for Josh, it's going to suck for Johnny.

Reps aren't an issue. Johnny's got the reps over the past two weeks with Josh injured throughout the weeks and he got plenty done in training camp, earning very high praise for Pettine and Flip for what he'd accomplished.

The reps shouldn't be Johnny's concern, he knows what he has to do, it's just the dumbasses around him that are going to be a handful. Hard to take it to another team when you're on your own.

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszlerweiler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a tough spot and about as hard of start as either QB will see all year.

Short week, beat up / inactive receivers, beat up secondary, undefeated Bengals. It just a tough one.

I'm not sure I'm a Johnny fanboi, but I am very eager to move toward a long term solution at QB. Treading water with McCown, in this regard, would be fine if the team were winning. Since we're not, let's move along, see if Johnny has any glimmer of hope, and go from there.

It's going to be mega tough though. The list of young QB's, who are now great, who were allowed to grow in this league because of a staunch D or above average running game is long. The Browns have neither. McCown didn't have it, so it was tough for him, and neither will Manziel, so it'll be tough for him too.

If Manziel pulls this out, it'll be close to a miracle.

The good news is he's looking to improve upon the 30-0 debacle from last year. So the bar is low in that sense, I suppose.

Flip needs to get the ball to Duke as a RB and a WR. He's the only RB on the roster with some vision. A little bit of run game would sure help.

Last edited by OconRecon; 11-04-2015 at 06:41 AM.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)