Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Benjamin hasn't scored in over a month and was held to 26 yards vs. Cardinals. It's possible we could see a resurgence. Good thought!
    I love how you like Benjamin now!

Its nice to see you come around AO :P

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    I love how you like Benjamin now!

Its nice to see you come around AO :P
    Benjamin: 3 TDs in two games with Manziel; 1 TD in 6 games with McCown.

Tells me that while McCown is a game a manger, Manziel is a playmaker who makes big plays with his receivers. Of course, the Arizona and Denver defenses aren't the titans defense, either. The Bengals defense is decent , and they performed decently against the Steelers and their passing game last Sunday.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-04-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thaid_Up View Post
    Right there with ya, BDU. The idea that everything was geared for Manziel to go into this game with everything purposedly stacked against him??? OMG! This is a Browns fan board?? Good grief. I'm betting he's gonna love every minute of it.
    Lets take a minute to correct the interpretation through personal projection thats occuring here.

The Browns have NO plan for Manziel.

Take a second to think about that...

Correct, no plan doesnt = plan to have him go into a game with 'everything stacked against him'.

Ok, some suggest the Browns plan for Manziel is to learn and watch from the bench until hes ready...

Yet they didnt bring in anyone capable of being the backup QB this year.

After they signed a 47 year old journeyman to be the 'firm' starter.

The bench/learn plan does not fit with that.

This current situation wasnt exactly hard to predict.

In fact, i did.

pettine is near sighted.
    Far considering his job/status? Yeah.

But dont try to tell me hes avoiding manziel because of a 'plan'.

If there is a plan-it was poorly thought out and written in crayon.

Post Thanks / Like

There's always a way to make the current reality fit the storyline I guess. Now its berating the staff for having Manziel too high on the depth chart as part of his development.

Post Thanks / Like

Smh.

You do understand that is a rebuttle to the suggestion they have a bench/learn plan for him right?

Keep up, bruh.

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion was manziel needed to start day 1 because this situation was inevitable.

Where is my cookie?

Post Thanks / Like

I've kept up. There's just nothing much to rebuttal at this stage. You have an out no matter what happens with Manziel going forward.

If he's successful: It was in spite of the horrific handling of his supposed "development" and evidence that he simply should have started from the onset.

If he fails: It was due to the horrific handling of his supposed "development" and evidence that he simply should have started from the onset.

Did I miss something? Is there any possible outcome here where you crawl into a hole, admit you didn't know a shit-more than anyone else, and that his ultimate success/failure simply is what it is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brutalfacts View Post
    I'm not worried about Johnny at all. I just hope the defense doesn't put him in a early deep hole and the playcalling isn't too conservative.

Manziel knows he will have to do damage from the pocket, last year the Bengals employed a spy, if they try that this year they need to pay for it. I am not calling for a win though the possibility exists, I will settle for a positive performance by Manziel and the ENTIRE TEAM that can be used a building block. If this team can finish the season 5-3 or even 4-4 things will look a whole lot brighter for everyone.

BDU spoke about synergy and signs, I am a huge believer in that. Johnny needs to take care of what he can control as does the coaching staff and each unit on the field. Play within themselves, treat each down with respect and let the game come to them. It's a perfect situation, heavy under-dogs riddled with injury and really unencumbered with expectations. Seasons, even franchises can start a positive turnaround based on one game. This was never anyone's plan, it has been thrust upon them by forces outside their control. I have this strange feeling the result will change the implied direction of the future.

Call this my football moment of Zen.
    Well Said: The defense will have to really step up. Flip needs to be creative with his calls. The O line has got to provide some running lanes for Duke, Crow and Turbin. My understanding is Hartline is out, will someone confirm that?
    This is a trap game, I'm picking Cleveland to win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    My opinion was manziel needed to start day 1 because this situation was inevitable.

Where is my cookie?
    I am fresh out of cookie's but you are correct with one caveat...

The Browns were smart enough to keep Manziel around after last seasons implosion. They were smart enough to get rid of the cancer (yep, I said it) that is Brian Hoyer (who brings out the worst in any QB room unless Tom Brady is in it) and replace him with a grounded vet in McCown.

Other than that they totally mishandled the post draft period (remember act like a backup?), had people coach Johnny who were either tone deaf or incapable of reaching him (Pettine, Shanny) last season and set the kid up for frustration and failure. Then given a chance to right some wrongs early this season after he beats the Titans they send him back to the bench and go 1-5 with McCown reinstalled at QB.

So fate has intervened once again and Pettine (2-11 in his last 13 games) is forced by injury to McCown (2-17 in his last 19 starts) start Manziel (1-0 in starts this season, 1-2 lifetime...think about that, one less WIN in 10 fewer games than his coach and 16 fewer games than the guy ahead of him on the depth chart). I am telling you, things happen for a reason...even the gods of football cannot believe this shit has been allowed to happen.

I think Johnny will play well tomorrow, lets see how the organization reacts....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brutalfacts View Post
    I think Johnny will play well tomorrow, lets see how the organization reacts....
    I think the Bengals are going to eat Manziel alive.

The word is that the Bengals have kept this game in their minds ever since the schedule was released.

They want revenge for how bad we smacked em on Thursday last year
    Last edited by next2nothing; 11-04-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell you this much. . . I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    I think the Bengals are going to eat Manziel alive.

The word is that the Bengals have kept this game in their minds ever since the schedule was released.

They want revenge for how bad we smacked em on Thursday last year
    I don't know. I don't expect the Browns to win, but I doubt it will be a rout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    I don't know. I don't expect the Browns to win, but I doubt it will be a rout.
    I expect to get the ever loving fuck kicked out of us. I expect to lose the will to live by halftime. This team has no fucking heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think pet will go into the game wanting to see manziel throw north of 35 passes?

Can we run the ball?

Can we stop the run?

Deja vu all over again.

Run on first down
    Run on second or limited routes
    Incomplete or checkdown
    Punt

Bengals run the ball and eat 7 minutes of clock

Repeat.

7-37, Bengals.
    We score from a turnover that places us in good field position.

For us to be competitive, basically pettine has to admit everything he has preached and believes in is wrong.

He wants to kill clock and limit the opportunities for his defense to get punked.

He wants manziel to 'manage' the game-not make plays.

This is not going to end well.

Post Thanks / Like

Pettines only chance is manziel/farmer being his scapegoat.

Because his defense blows.

'He wants to win'

Win what though? The game? Or his career?

I know the responses... My opinion simoly disagrees with him wanting manziel to be a guy (especially at this point)(hes all in)

Post Thanks / Like

'He wants to win'

I know the responses... My opinion simoly disagrees with him wanting manziel to be a guy (especially at this point)(hes all in)
    This is all an isntant reply of the previous 5 or 6 Browns head coaches. I've lost count now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    There's always a way to make the current reality fit the storyline I guess. Now its berating the staff for having Manziel too high on the depth chart as part of his development.
    Right, I wish everyone would stop with the JM conspiracy theories. JM gets a chance to start, the circumstances are not ideal, but it's his chance to show improvement. I don't expect him to be John Elway. I do expect him to make good decisions with the football.

Post Thanks / Like

If you believe the browns have a game plan, you believe in conspiracies.

Lazy shame arguments are boring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    I've kept up. There's just nothing much to rebuttal at this stage. You have an out no matter what happens with Manziel going forward.

If he's successful: It was in spite of the horrific handling of his supposed "development" and evidence that he simply should have started from the onset.

If he fails: It was due to the horrific handling of his supposed "development" and evidence that he simply should have started from the onset.

Did I miss something? Is there any possible outcome here where you crawl into a hole, admit you didn't know a shit-more than anyone else, and that his ultimate success/failure simply is what it is?
    I would argue the opposite: JFF plays well. . . the Browns handled him right, waited until he was ready. JFF plays bad. . . the Browns were right for keeping him on the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol.

Thats amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quarterbacks take on the field seasons to become good.

Mike pettine is not qb mr minyagi.
    Last edited by BoatShoes; 11-04-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

'He wants to win'

Dude, sorry, but I think this is going over the top this time. Yeah Pettine is biased, yeah he doesn't want to win with Manziel as opposed to win with McCown (since I guess McCown is "his" guy). But I think most likely, given who he is, Pettine wants to win (common sense ) this game. Since after all, this would be nothing short of a spectacular upset, and Pettine would step in and take some of the credit, no matter how little he deserved it. He would and it would make him look a lot better than where he is now ....

Taking it one step further, supposing Pettine was really running this kind of operation (intentionally trying to sabotage Manziel while Browns could stiill make the playoffs). In that case other members of the Browns leadership must by now surely be wise to this destructive behavior, and would have made direct or indirect suggestions to Pettine to keep his hands off of offensive play-calling from now on. That would mean of course Pett is on his way out, probably not a bad thing for the Browns ....

So yeah I'm expecting the Browns to open up the passing game, probably their only shot at winning, and in my opinion, Browns can win, I think they will.
    Last edited by legerdemain; 11-05-2015 at 01:24 AM.