Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals week!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from a shopping mall a couple hours north of Bangkok and out of nowhere some thai guy walks past me wearing a Texas A&M t-shirt. That's the only sign I need.

BROWNS 27
    bungles 24

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you believe the browns have a game plan, you believe in conspiracies.

Lazy shame arguments are boring.
    So the Brown.. I mean, Pettine, hates Manziel so much that he has no game plan and won't let Flip have a game plan.

And believing anything else is believing in conspiracy theories?

You're not even trying anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thaid_Up View Post
    BROWNS 27
    bungles 24
    Sho' got that right

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...033-sf14942033

Bucky Brooks always gets points for just not being a dick and acting like what he became after his NFL career, a scout. Of course Manziel looks very different (better) than last year. Of course it's a tough assignment. Of course the Browns need to follow a playbook like this against a team giving up 5.0 yards a carry. Dar.

But we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear, I think it's a tough assignment. To be clear, Manziel has to play well in spite of it to keep starting, which is really the best case scenario by miles for the Browns and their fans. He's a 22-year-old 1st round pick with special talent who could potentially be the long term answer. Him stepping up and playing well, even in a loss, and then Pettine biting it and saying he wants to see what Johnny can do with 10 days of full-time prep?

Again, by miles and miles the best case scenario for each every Browns fan on planet Earth. There really is no upside to him crumbling under an absurdly bad situation like he did last year against the bad... bad... VERY bad hand he was dealt last year from scheme to no prep time to early deficit to defense giving up 1,800 yards rushing, etc.

I don't expect that to be the reality. I expect some fans to WANT Manziel to fail because they just don't like him and/or want to be right. But that won't change the truth even for those fans: The best thing is he looks like a guy who should keep starting.

Post Thanks / Like

Just popped into my head. Whether by necessity or by design, they turn Manziel loose. We're banged up all over the place, bungles are hot and home so why the hell not? I think Flip gets the go ahead to let the world see what we've got in Manziel. Should be more fun than most of us are expecting

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...033-sf14942033

Bucky Brooks always gets points for just not being a dick and acting like what he became after his NFL career, a scout. Of course Manziel looks very different (better) than last year. Of course it's a tough assignment. Of course the Browns need to follow a playbook like this against a team giving up 5.0 yards a carry. Dar.

But we'll see.
    I quite like Bucky. Guy does a great job. I think the difference between he and a lot of writers - He brings the film rather than his opinion. He tries to show what's happening, not make the case for what he thinks is happening and should happen in future.

It's interesting that he's going very conservative. I think I've already said this, but the direction the Browns go is one very open to criticism and condemnation. Do they go with what Bucky suggests, a conservative offense that will try to run the ball, limit Manziel's opportunities and try to protect him from the mistakes young players make. Or do they let him do his thing, try and make plays with a very open scheme that is going to get the ball in his hands and try to get him to make plays in an equal or pass heavy setting.

What is more, is the running game has been pretty shit lately. Cinci don't seem to have a great run defense, but we're certainly struggling on that front, and depending on it is questionable. It would absolutely be wise to try and get the ground game going, of course, but they're probably expecting that - and probably not scared of it - we were 14 rushes for 20 yards last week. Also important - if we get off to a rough start, it's going to be hard for Johnny to be forced into playing catch up.

With that said, though, Manziel is young and we're missing a bunch of receivers to an already weak group. Johnny has some nice chemistry with Benjamin, but given what they've done it's going to be something the Bungholes are paying close attention to. We don't really have an overly dependable outlet. If we try go high flying and he makes mistakes, it could damage his confidence, and make it hard to play catch up if they can capitalize on mistakes.

It's a difficult one to approach, and hard to really find a happy medium given we're unsure of how successful we can be on either front.

Post Thanks / Like

i just hope we keep them under 140 yards rushing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    I would argue the opposite: JFF plays well. . . the Browns handled him right, waited until he was ready. JFF plays bad. . . the Browns were right for keeping him on the bench.
    That wouldn't fit BS' agenda Martin. For him, the die is cast, there is no other answer, its confirmed: the Browns have failed Johnny Manziel. So, no matter how the future unfolds with Manziel in Cleveland, the organization is at fault even if Manziel succeeds. Its really odd but its a world he likes to live in I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest here, we can write the narrative in any way shape or form to fit any agenda.

All we can do is speculate, because neither Ray nor Mike will reveal any underlying agendas they may or may not have.

Im done with conspiracy mongering for a while. Johnny is starting, now its time for the Browns to go undefeated for the remainder of the season.

Positive Juju

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what the Browns will do...but I know what I would 'expect' them to do if I were the Bengals.

I would 'expect' them to go conservative...so I will do a mush rush with tons of run blitzes. I would run a cover 2 to try and force Manziel into short/intermediate passing...make him sustain drives. The more snaps...the more likely he makes a mistake.

With that in mind....I would "LIKE" to see the Browns come out guns blazing. I want to see multiple shots downfield early...to both Benjamin and Barnidge....and yes, I would love to see Bibbs get in there. I also would love to see Duke Johnson go into the slot and run short crossing patterns as an outlet. They will be looking for flats passes...so fake that and break it to the center of the field.

I wouldn't force the run...but rather set it up by forcing their D to back up and defend this spread passing attack. THEN...and only then, would I start pounding the ball up the middle with Crow...because I still want DJ as a threat on the slot.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thaid_Up View Post
    Just popped into my head. Whether by necessity or by design, they turn Manziel loose. We're banged up all over the place, bungles are hot and home so why the hell not? I think Flip gets the go ahead to let the world see what we've got in Manziel. Should be more fun than most of us are expecting
    Could be. But the Browns need good execution everywhere to pull this off. That includes the OL, the receivers themselves and the defense. I think the defense is going to have a very tough time stopping this Bengals offense which is playing well.

OconRecon is online now #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszlerweiler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

What I think they are going to do to us..

Is play QB contain, and blitz like hell up the middle

Johnny will be forced to throw short over the middle... which is his worst "zone," outside of that the only other option is to stretch them.

HE HAS TO MAKE THEM PAY FOR THE BLITZ

AND EARLY

That is they key to success. Make them hesitate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    What I think they are going to do to us..

Is play QB contain, and blitz like hell up the middle

Johnny will be forced to throw short over the middle... which is his worst "zone," outside of that the only other option is to stretch them.

HE HAS TO MAKE THEM PAY FOR THE BLITZ

AND EARLY

That is they key to success. Make them hesitate
    Two things: 1) set up Manziel to make plenty of quick, short throws from the pocket; and, 2) then move Manziel out of the pocket a lot and have him throw on the run, where he is comfortable.

Browns will need to make big plays to win because the Bengals defense is second best in the NFL in the red zone.

Post Thanks / Like

you guys always take this to the extreme.

Pettine wants to limits manziels impact on the field. Partially because he dorsnt believe in him and partially because he is all in against manziel (politically within the organization)

Now he could pull a brilliant move (imo) and go out and have manziel throw 40 passes.

If it works... He gets some credit for not being so stubborn and if he shows the 180 on manziel within the organization--some humility-- it might buy him a second chance (as of right bow hes a fired cosch walking)

But that comes with a price--farmer gets far more control and cred +manziel starts to border on becoming the #1 important person within the organization directly below haslam.

If it doesnt work... Scapegoat achievement unlocked.

But that comes with a price too... He loses another game. And some will ignorantly question the strategy (as if taking risk with a 2-6 team against a 7-0 team is stupid)

Post Thanks / Like

That's frickin' hilarious coming from the resident Machiavellian.

So, the best possible scenario of Manziel playing well, throwing a lot of passes, yields Pettine "some credit"?

Again, your complete elimination of Manziel's handling having been well structured just shows your bias and lack of any credibility on the topic. If Manziel performs well tonight, maybe its due in huge part to how Pettine's developed the kid? Naw, can't be. It there would only be "some credit" grudgingly given.

Post Thanks / Like

Pettine wants to limits manziels impact on the field. Partially because he dorsnt believe in him and partially because he is all in against manziel (politically within the organization)

Now he could pull a brilliant move (imo) and go out and have manziel throw 40 passes.

If it works... He gets some credit for not being so stubborn and if he shows the 180 on manziel within the organization--some humility-- it might buy him a second chance (as of right bow hes a fired cosch walking)

But that comes with a price--farmer gets far more control and cred +manziel starts to border on becoming the #1 important person within the organization directly below haslam.

If it doesnt work... Scapegoat achievement unlocked.

But that comes with a price too... He loses another game. And some will ignorantly question the strategy (as if taking risk with a 2-6 team against a 7-0 team is stupid)
    Brian Billick: "I think the Browns already know Manziel can't play in this league."

Not sure I buy it. I think Manziel can be successful with t right supporting cast around him. Shame on the Browns for not providing that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    So the Brown.. I mean, Pettine, hates Manziel so much that he has no game plan and won't let Flip have a game plan.

And believing anything else is believing in conspiracy theories?

You're not even trying anymore.
    Do you even english, bro?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    That's frickin' hilarious coming from the resident Machiavellian.

So, the best possible scenario of Manziel playing well, throwing a lot of passes, yields Pettine "some credit"?

Again, your complete elimination of Manziel's handling having been well structured just shows your bias and lack of any credibility on the topic. If Manziel performs well tonight, maybe its due in huge part to how Pettine's developed the kid? Naw, can't be. It there would only be "some credit" grudgingly given.
    So what is the best possible scenario for pettine if manziel throws a lot of passes and plays well?

I will remind you of 'firmly' and 'best chance to win' +the browns are 1-65 in there last 66 games.

Post Thanks / Like

Lack of credability.

That is hilarious from the a6ortion 'pet' crowd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Brian Billick: "I think the Browns already know Manziel can't play in this league."

Not sure I buy it. I think Manziel can be successful with t right supporting cast around him. Shame on the Browns for not providing that!
    Well, thats a pretty dumbass statement from brian.

How many 22 year olds have won a football game in the nfl? Thrown 2 50+ yard touchdowns?

No one knows if he will be elite or good or even avergage.

But to suggest he cant play in the nfl when blaine gabbert is starting in the nfl right now is just funny.

Didnt houston just sign tj yates?

Post Thanks / Like

This video is awesome..

I like how they made it light hearted.. yet dramatic..

Last edited by PlaygroundLegend; 11-05-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel is a top 15 qb in this league.

If kapernick is getting benched for gabbert, jets dont have qb, peyton is done after this year

Manziel has had worst coaching and 0 reps to get better. Hes 22 in second offense with No weapons.

Our offense sucks. Manziel duke johnson are only good players.

Barnidge and benjamin are playing like top talent but I dont thimnk they are as good as theyre playing. Barnidge i have more faith longterm then benjamin.

Deflippio has been conservative.

Pettine is making him put manziel in shitty position..

If manziel doesnt get designdd qb runs.....30plus passing attempts(id say40or more and fuck running the ball)

Running the ball way we have been is killing any momentum and confidence this team has.