Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whisenhunt Fired! Pettine Next?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Pett is fired, and the two jobs open are the job where Marcus Mariota resides, and the place where our QB's reside - who do you think a prospective HC would choose?

---

I watched today's presser, and boy, Pett and Ray sure seem like their seat isn't warm at all.

Especially Ray. That dude looks totally comfortable.

Of course, continued losing can change that in a heartbeat for the worse.

And so can one win on Thursday night, for the better.
    I read some quotes from Ray, he's arrogant and an idiot. Did anyone ask him about Bowe? I don't favor firing a coach during the season, but would not mind Ray being fired right now. IMO Pettine has lost this team, his boy O'Neil has been so incompetent the defense is the worst in the league. As I said before, Pettine will be judged on his win/loss record. Bye Mike, we hardly knew you!
    Last edited by Gambler; 11-04-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    I read some quotes from Ray, he's arrogant and an idiot. Did anyone ask him about Bowe? I don't favor firing a coach during the season, but would not mind Ray being fired right now. IMO Pettine has lost this team, his boy O'Neil has been so incompetent the defense is the worst in the league. As I said before, Pettine will be judged on his win/loss record. Bye Mike, we hardly knew you!
    The writers did ask about Bowe but he skirted around it. Meanwhile Nate Burleson, who Farmer signed last springand quickly let go, is a commentator on TV now! it seems the media LOVES former Browns executives and players to provide them with "analysis!"

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope pettine gets fired.. He's just not qualified to be a HC..Nice man.. shitty coach!
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I never hope anyone gets fired but he's sure doing whatever he can to 'coach' his way out of the job by not acting to improve the defense IMO.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Pett needs to take over defensive playcalling

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

If we let up another 400/500 yards vs Cinci today, I don't know how he will be able to ignore the white noise.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

If defense plays horrible....

Oneil should be fired and it announced during post game presser...

And pettine maybe too.

Bye week...blow it up. If we cant play defense at all then pettine snd oneil cant so their job.

If pettine and oneil got fired

Manziel playing....the team would be playing with more urgency lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    If defense plays horrible....

Oneil should be fired and it announced during post game presser...

And pettine maybe too.

Bye week...blow it up. If we cant play defense at all then pettine snd oneil cant so their job.

If pettine and oneil got fired

Manziel playing....the team would be playing with more urgency lol
    But who replaces them?

Post Thanks / Like

Detroit just blew it up in their FO. it's not like this would be a precedent if Farmer or Pettine or both were let go. I bet Jimmy's thinking hard on this with the current state in the W/L column.
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

Post Thanks / Like

Idk, the replacement would have to be substantially better at this point. Agreed. I would give Pettine another year at this point, but my name isn't Jimmy. So much more football to be played.

Post Thanks / Like

Since this is the most recent coaching related thread, I bet Chud does well one state to the west.

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Chud's got a lot to play with in Indy, don't know how they stagnated so badly this season...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    Since this is the most recent coaching related thread, I bet Chud does well one state to the west.

But Indy's offense has looked terrible much of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

That could, as we've seen in CLE with our defense, be due to play calling/schematics more-so than personnel... I think that's why Indy presents such a curious example.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    I never hope anyone gets fired but he's sure doing whatever he can to 'coach' his way out of the job by not acting to improve the defense IMO.
    He's getting little production from the players drafted high. Shelton is ranked at the bottom of DTs and shouldn't be. He would be a major disruptor if they left him stunt more up front. Gilbert...same outcome. Cooper needs time. Kirksey and Orchard are exceptions. 50%

On offense, Johnny has little output. Duke is coming along. Bitonio is doing well. Irving is up this week & will be tested a lot. A fuzzy 50% or so depending if T. West is included.

How does that batting % rank across the league? None of the first rounders have really hit paydirt. The talent is there.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    He's getting little production from the players drafted high. Shelton is ranked at the bottom of DTs and shouldn't be. He would be a major disruptor if they left him stunt more up front. Gilbert...same outcome. Cooper needs time. Kirksey and Orchard are exceptions. 50%

On offense, Johnny has little output. Duke is coming along. Bitonio is doing well. Irving is up this week & will be tested a lot. A fuzzy 50% or so depending if T. West is included.

How does that batting % rank across the league? None of the first rounders have really hit paydirt. The talent is there.....
    I agree. This talent is not being coached properly. Heck, I saw a lot of this talent in college and it should be producing better. has been.

Post Thanks / Like

Idk, the replacement would have to be substantially better at this point. Agreed. I would give Pettine another year at this point, but my name isn't Jimmy. So much more football to be played.
    yeah why not. another year of being in the cellar won't mean much to a Browns fan. after all......"there is always next year"
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

Post Thanks / Like

I think the argument is, they players are producing #'s due to the scheme and coaching.

The parrallel was drawn with the Colts. Offense was inept under previous coordinator, Chud takes over and it magically works again, yet he has the same players.

Talent is there, just not being put in the best position to excel by the staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    Pett needs to take over defensive playcalling
    Seriously? Being Oneil's good friend you don't think he has a hand in how the game is called?
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jason Garrett as next coach?

Of course this is all IF Pettine gets canned. Which, for better or worse, seems to be coming.

Obviously whoever the Browns get as coach, it will either have to be A. Someone completely unproven and desperate for a head coaching position (AKA yet another Pettine/Shurmur clone), or B. Someone who will need a Brinks truck backed up to his house.

What about Jason Garrett? Let's be honest: Jerry Jones ain't keeping him around much longer. Jerry is the biggest problem in Dallas, but he's going to scapegoat yet another coach, and largely has controlled everything that should be Garrett's duties (Why is Jerry holding the press conferences to name McFadden and Cassel starters? Does any other team have the owner/president/GM announce these things?). It seems most/many on here want an offensive-minded head coach this time around. Garrett is experienced, moderately successful, and as a former QB he could/should have some insight on further developing Manziel or whoever the Browns draft if he somehow craps out over these final six games. Additionally he has a Cleveland connection as a University School grad.

Your thoughts?
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count as of 11/2/17: 97 Browns, 177 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 322 total.

Post Thanks / Like

I would LOVE going back to the Coryell offense

Post Thanks / Like

No.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedPagel View Post
    Of course this is all IF Pettine gets canned. Which, for better or worse, seems to be coming.

Obviously whoever the Browns get as coach, it will either have to be A. Someone completely unproven and desperate for a head coaching position (AKA yet another Pettine/Shurmur clone), or B. Someone who will need a Brinks truck backed up to his house.

What about Jason Garrett? Let's be honest: Jerry Jones ain't keeping him around much longer. Jerry is the biggest problem in Dallas, but he's going to scapegoat yet another coach, and largely has controlled everything that should be Garrett's duties (Why is Jerry holding the press conferences to name McFadden and Cassel starters? Does any other team have the owner/president/GM announce these things?). It seems most/many on here want an offensive-minded head coach this time around. Garrett is experienced, moderately successful, and as a former QB he could/should have some insight on further developing Manziel or whoever the Browns draft if he somehow craps out over these final six games. Additionally he has a Cleveland connection as a University School grad.

Your thoughts?
    He's better than Pettine. But until we get a GM who can draft well and understands the game as it is today, not decades ago, the head coach is in a perilous place.

Post Thanks / Like

I did just see he actually just signed a five year deal this offseason. So perhaps he won't get canned.

But with Jerry being who he is and always looking to put the blame anywhere and everywhere else, I also don't see how he can keep Garrett around without accepting some blame himself-- which he has repeatedly refused to do.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count as of 11/2/17: 97 Browns, 177 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 322 total.