Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the Browns Should Do.. They Wont Do.

Post Thanks / Like

So it's ok to blow the team up the way the staff has done and not blow those up who are charged with putting a team on the field that fans can stomach? Some of you seem to be happy with a piss poor product we see week in week out. What's our record since Hoyer went down last year? I say fire them all and start again because this FO ain't cuttin the fucking mustard!
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it's ok to blow the team up the way the staff has done and not blow those up who are charged with putting a team on the field that fans can stomach? Some of you seem to be happy with a piss poor product we see week in week out. What's our record since Hoyer went down last year? I say fire them all and start again because this FO ain't cuttin the fucking mustard!
    It's Cleveland tradition at this point. Hire a HC, then a shitty GM who has the HC forced on him, neither one from the same system, experiment fails as 80% of the fanbase calls for blood, 15% play devil's advocate and sit on the fence and 5% beg the Browns to give the idiots in charge 10 year contract extensions and never change anything, just stay as they are long enough and we can eventually land a fluke winning season.

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy
    Rudy
    Rudy

We need playingtime earners, folks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    It's Cleveland tradition at this point. Hire a HC, then a shitty GM who has the HC forced on him, neither one from the same system, experiment fails as 80% of the fanbase calls for blood, 15% play devil's advocate and sit on the fence and 5% beg the Browns to give the idiots in charge 10 year contract extensions and never change anything, just stay as they are long enough and we can eventually land a fluke winning season.
    KoK, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed your crappy posts.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found Armonty Bryant covering A.J Green.

What happened -

My guess is one of two things, and both relate to Ibraheim Campbell. Either he wasn't supposed to blitz and his zone would be open for Green to run into, or he was on the blitz but went way too late. Look how far away he is on that, when in reality he should be arriving slightly after K'Waun does.

Other than that, yeah, Armonty's zone was in the middle and Green was on a shallow cross.

I'm going to assume Campbell should have been up sooner, that is was a blitz with him. Given it's his first start that's certainly understandable if his timing was off. Would have been a great play if Green was running deep, but with him running short, it just didn't come quick enough. The design is sold, the gap is there for Campbell.

It's not like the play required Armonty to cover Green, he just so happened to draw his route - on what I think was a blitz that didn't work because the rookie fucked up.

Needs to be said, too, Armonty did well. He didn't fuck up. Dalton should have been on his back before it got to that point.

Post Thanks / Like

This is hilarious because so much truth in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    Rudy
    Rudy
    Rudy

We need playingtime earners, folks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    KoK, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed your crappy posts.
    Crappy posts?

Post Thanks / Like

Crappy posts?
    I could have said shitty.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

atleast trade johnny foodstamps for a draft pick or something,

Post Thanks / Like

I could have said shitty.
    Have you actually SEEN your posts lately bandwagon boy? Btw I seen to recall the last time I was here you were jumping on the Cowgirls bandwagon, and they even have your boy Weeden on the roster. Why the fuck are you back?
    Last edited by King of Kings; 11-10-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    Amen to this, Straw Dog! The biggest problem is that the GMs aren't getting the job done in proper evaluation and selection of talent and even in free agency the Browns almost always seem beaten to the punch. For example, why couldn't our GM have recognized the talent that is RB DeAngelo Williams and bring him here vs. letting Pittsburgh get him where he has starred in Bell's absence. In the receiver area, we sign Dwayne Bowe but fail to draft a good big receiver or sign somebody more talented in free agency. It happens over and over again.

And we have hired too many coaches with a limited view of modern NFL football -- who think QBs and WRs are throwaways while creating unbalanced teams that emphasize building defenses never as good as they envision because the offenses are poor and have too many threes and outs and the defense wears down as a result. We've see same sorry scenario repeat itself about 4 times now! Incredible!

This isn't rocket science. But the Browns just can't figure it out as well as just about every other NFL team can.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-10-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you actually SEEN your posts lately bandwagon boy? Btw I seen to recall the last time I was here you were jumping on the Cowgirls bandwagon, and they even have your boy Weeden on the roster. Why the fuck are you back?
    You are so easy to troll. Love that "bandwagon boy."

Why am I here. Because I am a Browns fan. The night Brandon was drafted, I read up on the Browns and I think it was that deal about the city of Cleveland suing for the name and the colors that was the hook that got me. For some reason, that interested me. It was that more than anything else, I think. That and this forum. Plus back when I was a kid I read a article in Sport Magazine about Lou Groza (The Toe) that I had forgotten but then remembered, and it all came together. And besides, I just like the people here. Really don't have much in common with the lot of you city slickers except the Browns, but I can't help it. I love you guys.

As for being a Cowboy fan, I am still a big Oklahoma State Cowboy fan, but I have never been a Dallas Cowboy fan. I have actually tried to be a Dallas fan, but it has never clicked with me. Same thing with Kansas City. And, right now, that deal with Hardy turns my stomach.

So I guess you are stuck with me and my shitty bandwagon boy posts.
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 11-10-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so easy to troll. Love that "bandwagon boy."

Why am I here. Because I am a Browns fan. The night Brandon was drafted, I read up on the Browns and I think it was that deal about the city of Cleveland suing for the name and the colors that was the hook that got me. For some reason, that interested me. It was that more than anything else, I think. That and this forum. Plus back when I was a kid I read a article in Sport Magazine about Lou Groza (The Toe) that I had forgotten but then remembered, and it all came together. And besides, I just like the people here. Really don't have much in common with the lot of you city slickers except the Browns, but I can't help it. I love you guys.

As for being a Cowboy fan, I am still a big Oklahoma State Cowboy fan, but I have never been a Dallas Cowboy fan. I have actually tried to be a Dallas fan, but it has never clicked with me. Same thing with Kansas City. And, right now, that deal with Hardy turns my stomach.

So I guess you are stuck with me and my shitty bandwagon boy posts.
    BTW, Cliff, forget to say congratulations on that magnificent win by Okla. State against TCU last Saturday. They played great and totally outplayed the Horned Frogs. Can't wait for a Baylor-Oklahoma State matchup!

Post Thanks / Like

"Typical "smartest man in the room" syndrome." - Pot, meet kettle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    BTW, Cliff, forget to say congratulations on that magnificent win by Okla. State against TCU last Saturday. They played great and totally outplayed the Horned Frogs. Can't wait for a Baylor-Oklahoma State matchup!
    Thanks, I admit that that the game was fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    We've been trying to replace the filth, we've just not done it. Personally, I'd love to see Farmer gone. I want to bring in Alonzo Highsmith from Green Bay - Former running back who liked to punch people, former professional boxer with an impressive record, current badass who is getting a lot of credit for being influential in the Packers wonderful drafting.

If you look at him and watch him talk, he's just a more impressive Ray Farmer. He looks like he'd take Ray Farmer's lunch money and then educate the fool on how to draft.

But the coaches? The Browns make you head coach right now, how do you feel about this roster? I know my feelings would be "How the fuck do I win with this load of shit?" That's why I'm not giving up on Pettine. I'd like to see it through for a change while we try and fix this shit that nobody could win with. At least then there will be some continuity.

Also, who wants this job? Nobody. We're not attracting top flight coaches, and the list of current head coach prospects isn't very flattering.
    I agree with you.

Fire Farmer, keep Pettine, play Johnny to find out whether to get rid of him or not, go go go. Find a GM who doesnt mind keeping Pettine as his coach. Fire O'Neill and make Pettine replace him with a real DC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pl4tinum View Post
    I agree with you.

Fire Farmer, keep Pettine, play Johnny to find out whether to get rid of him or not, go go go. Find a GM who doesnt mind keeping Pettine as his coach. Fire O'Neill and make Pettine replace him with a real DC.
    It appears to me that "keep Pettine, play Johnny" is a contradiction in terms. I don't think you can have both.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both Farmer and Pettine report directly to Haslam. Pettine does not report to Farmer, so Farmer couldn't fire Pettine. What this also means is that Farmer really doesn't have final say in whether Pettine keeps his job, and the "Farmer has a HC that he didn't hire forced on him" argument doesn't make much sense. Under this structure, a new GM really wouldn't have the liberty of 'picking his own' HC.

Farmer has his job, reports to Haslam. Acquire talent.
    Pettine has his job, reports to Haslam. Coach.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was how the structure here worked.

Now there's a lot of argument over which one is failing at their job. Which part is the issue? "Acquire talent" or "Coaching." It may be a 'chicken or the egg' thing. . . everyone has an opinion. You can even see it on this board. There's the "Fire Farmer" crowd, and the "Fire Pettine Crowd" and the "Fire Everyone" crowd, and the "Fire nobody" crowd. Everyone can't be right. Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fooleeze View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both Farmer and Pettine report directly to Haslam. Pettine does not report to Farmer, so Farmer couldn't fire Pettine. What this also means is that Farmer really doesn't have final say in whether Pettine keeps his job, and the "Farmer has a HC that he didn't hire forced on him" argument doesn't make much sense. Under this structure, a new GM really wouldn't have the liberty of 'picking his own' HC.

Farmer has his job, reports to Haslam. Acquire talent.
    Pettine has his job, reports to Haslam. Coach.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was how the structure here worked.

Now there's a lot of argument over which one is failing at their job. Which part is the issue? "Acquire talent" or "Coaching." It may be a 'chicken or the egg' thing. . . everyone has an opinion. You can even see it on this board. There's the "Fire Farmer" crowd, and the "Fire Pettine Crowd" and the "Fire Everyone" crowd, and the "Fire nobody" crowd. Everyone can't be right. Time will tell.
    You are not wrong, but...

If Pettine is fired, the question becomes: who would hire the new head coach? Seems to me that the answer to that question is obvious. Who else in the entire current organization structure is more qualified to perform that task than Farmer? I therefore have no doubt but that Farmer would be the one to hire the replacement.

Suppose you ask the same question about Farmer. Who would hire the new GM? It would certainly not be Pettine.

Disagree?

Post Thanks / Like

If we play mccown.....and lose to pittsburg without ben and bell.....

Mike pettine will be released probably sunday or monday. Pettine wont play johnny....haslam n farmer want manziel to play and play for future.

Promote deflippio and glenn. Oconnell to oc mccown to qb coach. Manziel and austin davis as starters. Mccown done for rest of year.

Need to recruit urban meyer snd start now. Tell him he can be asst gm. Any osu players he wants he can bring that we can get. Bosa elliot miller thomas washington lee perry bell. So, that may make it easier.... Get ohio boys to come back home on fa deals to win titles in cleveland.

He would recruit osu and ohio born talent. But also get top talent and speed.....

Manziel and braxton miller....austin davis in qb room

Draft bosa or trade back later in round and get elliot. He is a must if no bosa. Manziel elliot duke braxton gordon barnidge telfair bibbs gabriel benjamin hartline

We may get sterling shepard or pharoah cooper too just in case gordon is done permanently. We rather have to cut marlon moore and bowe hawkins and bademosi.

Ifo ekepre healed????
    I say fuck it.. .after bye week and week 11 play him last four games a couple snaps if he can go.

Gaines campbell are gonna play this week. Gilbert should start. Id sit haden rest of year. May even trade next year.gipson needs contract. He only one i like. Whitner needs cut for real. Mingo gotta go ....kruger can stay he ve great ig used by real dc.

I would try to get real linebacker or draft one in second round.

Trade back get another 1st next year and a 2nd this year. Meyer has alot of holes to fill....but he will have this team winning afc north by 2017.

Joey bosa is the prime candidate for cleveland. Urban meyer also.

Noah spence if we can get him in 2nd round with our pick.

Bosa and noah spence back to back would change cleveland browns passrush and run defense

Bosa
    Spence
    Braxton miller
    Sterling shepard or. Cardale jones.

Meyer might bring bosa spence miller and cardale in first four rounds haha....and we may have a osu title team winning titles in league.....back to back to back

Bosa spence kruger shelton cooper orchard

Kirksey and robertson dansby

Haden gipson ifo campbell

Thats a defense

Post Thanks / Like

If Browns lose to the Steelers, Pettine won't be ousted. Remember, the Steelers mostly without Ben and Bell beat the Raiders last Sunday, a team that beat Cleveland!

Post Thanks / Like

I highly advocating drafting Landry Jones. We could have had him in the 2nd round. The kid is a stud and will pick our porous defense apart.
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

ok, DD, I'm as big of a fan as anyone of OSU, but you've been posting this same stuff a bunch, and I think you're way off. First, Meyer is NOT leaving OSU and coming to the NFL. It's just not happening! He's got probably the best job in the country right now. On top of that, college coaches moving to the NFL historically have a really bad track record.

I know Bosa is a very good college player, but I just don't see him becoming a dominant NFL player. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it. He disappears for too many plays / quarters / games even.

Beyond that, you're suggesting drafting Miller, Jones, Spence, Elliott. . . I mean, your scarlet glass homerism is clouding your judgement. There are other college players that are better. Miller hasn't even proven to be a dominant college WR either. Elliott is good, and he may be a good NFL player, I don't know.

I'm just saying, drafting a bunch of OSU players is not going to solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    If we play mccown.....and lose to pittsburg without ben and bell.....

Mike pettine will be released probably sunday or monday. Pettine wont play johnny....haslam n farmer want manziel to play and play for future.

Promote deflippio and glenn. Oconnell to oc mccown to qb coach. Manziel and austin davis as starters. Mccown done for rest of year.

Need to recruit urban meyer snd start now. Tell him he can be asst gm. Any osu players he wants he can bring that we can get. Bosa elliot miller thomas washington lee perry bell. So, that may make it easier.... Get ohio boys to come back home on fa deals to win titles in cleveland.

He would recruit osu and ohio born talent. But also get top talent and speed.....

Manziel and braxton miller....austin davis in qb room

Draft bosa or trade back later in round and get elliot. He is a must if no bosa. Manziel elliot duke braxton gordon barnidge telfair bibbs gabriel benjamin hartline

We may get sterling shepard or pharoah cooper too just in case gordon is done permanently. We rather have to cut marlon moore and bowe hawkins and bademosi.

Ifo ekepre healed????
    I say fuck it.. .after bye week and week 11 play him last four games a couple snaps if he can go.

Gaines campbell are gonna play this week. Gilbert should start. Id sit haden rest of year. May even trade next year.gipson needs contract. He only one i like. Whitner needs cut for real. Mingo gotta go ....kruger can stay he ve great ig used by real dc.

I would try to get real linebacker or draft one in second round.

Trade back get another 1st next year and a 2nd this year. Meyer has alot of holes to fill....but he will have this team winning afc north by 2017.

Joey bosa is the prime candidate for cleveland. Urban meyer also.

Noah spence if we can get him in 2nd round with our pick.

Bosa and noah spence back to back would change cleveland browns passrush and run defense

Bosa
    Spence
    Braxton miller
    Sterling shepard or. Cardale jones.

Meyer might bring bosa spence miller and cardale in first four rounds haha....and we may have a osu title team winning titles in league.....back to back to back

Bosa spence kruger shelton cooper orchard

Kirksey and robertson dansby

Haden gipson ifo campbell

Thats a defense

Post Thanks / Like

Who else in the entire current organization structure is more qualified to perform that task than Farmer?
    Considering his track record with us.... that's scary.