Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 73 to 96 of 107

Thread: What the Browns Should Do.. They Wont Do.

  1. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Copley, OH
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I feel like someone just took my post and processed it through some 'asshole' translator.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fooleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok, DD, I'm as big of a fan as anyone of OSU, but you've been posting this same stuff a bunch, and I think you're way off. First, Meyer is NOT leaving OSU and coming to the NFL. It's just not happening! He's got probably the best job in the country right now. On top of that, college coaches moving to the NFL historically have a really bad track record.

    I know Bosa is a very good college player, but I just don't see him becoming a dominant NFL player. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it. He disappears for too many plays / quarters / games even.

    Beyond that, you're suggesting drafting Miller, Jones, Spence, Elliott. . . I mean, your scarlet glass homerism is clouding your judgement. There are other college players that are better. Miller hasn't even proven to be a dominant college WR either. Elliott is good, and he may be a good NFL player, I don't know.

    I'm just saying, drafting a bunch of OSU players is not going to solve anything.

    Translated for assholes:


    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, Suckeye homers are generally bad but you are taking the fucking cake with this shit. Stop spamming every fucking thread with your sorry ass motherfucking Suckeye homer bullshit. Its annoying as shit and the dumbest fucking ideas on the planet.

  2. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    KoK has a certain way of coming across lol

    We often have a way of making similar points without acknowledging it, doesn't mean we don't agree. Sometimes we just like to say it and get it off our chest so to speak.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    "Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!


  3. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just read Mike Pettines presser...

    I then vomited 60 seconds later

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  4. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well please PGL...

    Elaborate for us on the vomit. Was it chunky due to recently having eaten or perhaps a dry heave of dehydration or recently digested coffee. Okay don't elaborate on that. What were your thoughts :P
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    "Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!


  5. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Haslam must sell the team.. He's too goddamn inept to own one!

    2) Hire a HC from the Offensive side of the ball. Big Name OR no NAME.. i DONT CARE.

    3) Hire a DC that understand you win with pressure..Not passive , soft D.. You kill the guy with the ball.. cut the read and react crap.

    4) Release Johnny Manziel and get this distraction as far away from the team , fast as possible.
    Literally terrible advice. Just awful.

    Except for the Manziel part. He sucks and is a distraction. Get rid of him.

  6. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What would you propose QCT?
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    "Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!


  7. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_QCT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Literally terrible advice. Just awful.

    Except for the Manziel part. He sucks and is a distraction. Get rid of him.
    Manziel is not so bad, but Browns are horrid in getting pressure on the QB.

  8. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just read Mike Pettines presser...

    I then vomited 60 seconds later
    Wow ... I wonder what Pettine will be doing next year at this time ... coaching high school football in Pennsylvania somewhere? He'll run the ball 80% of the time and play good defense!

  9. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,308
    Post Thanks / Like

  10. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    L to the A
    Posts
    17,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If they start McCown, I'm checked out. I'm looking forward to the L.A. Rams. This is a truly retarded franchise and I've officially lost my patience. It makes zero sense but it's SO "Browns."

    Hey, if Manziel turns out to suck, I'll admit it as fast as I did on any other QB. But we don't know. He looks like he can play and he's 22, rookie age. It's just a monumental organizational fail to do anything else. Period. And the another period. And then more. Like I'm menstruating.

  11. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they start McCown, I'm checked out. I'm looking forward to the L.A. Rams. This is a truly retarded franchise and I've officially lost my patience.
    Don't go all 16 year old fan on me Shep.

  12. #84
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    5,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they start McCown, I'm checked out. I'm looking forward to the L.A. Rams. This is a truly retarded franchise and I've officially lost my patience. It makes zero sense but it's SO "Browns."

    Hey, if Manziel turns out to suck, I'll admit it as fast as I did on any other QB. But we don't know. He looks like he can play and he's 22, rookie age. It's just a monumental organizational fail to do anything else. Period. And the another period. And then more. Like I'm menstruating.
    Awww poor shep cant get his way...His poor lover boy is still on the bench.. I wish we had traded him before the trade deadline.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  13. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tijeras, NM
    Posts
    2,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they start McCown, I'm checked out. I'm looking forward to the L.A. Rams. This is a truly retarded franchise and I've officially lost my patience. It makes zero sense but it's SO "Browns."

    Hey, if Manziel turns out to suck, I'll admit it as fast as I did on any other QB. But we don't know. He looks like he can play and he's 22, rookie age. It's just a monumental organizational fail to do anything else. Period. And the another period. And then more. Like I'm menstruating.
    I'll call it for you......Manziel sucks. Now admit it! You'll fit right in as a Rams fan
    Worst to First Baby

    "Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

    "there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

  14. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Ok.
    Posts
    973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just found Armonty Bryant covering A.J Green.

    What happened -



    My guess is one of two things, and both relate to Ibraheim Campbell. Either he wasn't supposed to blitz and his zone would be open for Green to run into, or he was on the blitz but went way too late. Look how far away he is on that, when in reality he should be arriving slightly after K'Waun does.

    Other than that, yeah, Armonty's zone was in the middle and Green was on a shallow cross.

    I'm going to assume Campbell should have been up sooner, that is was a blitz with him. Given it's his first start that's certainly understandable if his timing was off. Would have been a great play if Green was running deep, but with him running short, it just didn't come quick enough. The design is sold, the gap is there for Campbell.

    It's not like the play required Armonty to cover Green, he just so happened to draw his route - on what I think was a blitz that didn't work because the rookie fucked up.

    Needs to be said, too, Armonty did well. He didn't fuck up. Dalton should have been on his back before it got to that point.
    BDU, I mentioned that play right after the game, you give the DC too much credit. I think it was a blitz with man to man across the field. Usually that short crossing route is a back or TE. Cincy schemed to get that mismatch. Just another flaw in Oneil's defense.

  15. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awww poor shep cant get his way...His poor lover boy is still on the bench.. I wish we had traded him before the trade deadline.
    I have said it before that that should confirm it, Shemp isn't nor was he ever a Browns fan. He's ALWAYS been a fan of players above the team and now wants an excuse to jump on the L.A. Faeries NFL franchise.

  16. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    your toolbox
    Posts
    5,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have said it before that that should confirm it, Shemp isn't nor was he ever a Browns fan. He's ALWAYS been a fan of players above the team and now wants an excuse to jump on the L.A. Faeries NFL franchise.
    save it kok, shep has stuck around and contributed while you scurried away and only returned to inform us all how we suck sooo bad.


    now is not the time to question someones fanhood. welcome back
    just beat it

  17. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    save it kok, shep has stuck around and contributed while you scurried away and only returned to inform us all how we suck sooo bad.


    now is not the time to question someones fanhood. welcome back
    Good post, Hammer.

    I would like to join you in welcoming KoK back after his recent absence. I am particularly glad he has returned since although he is a bit rough around the edges--as well as through and through--he brings a needed laugh from time to time.

    However, my sympathy is with Shep. Like you say, he has been here forever. To be continually disappointed in so many ways for so long must be wearing on a person. I have been around here for only about three years and it is starting to get to me. I must admit that I have had some serious discussions with myself about how much fun Oklahoma State football has been this year compared to Cleveland Browns football. In particular, the difference between Mike Pettine and Mike Gundy is night and day. Understand, of course that I am not advancing Gundy as a replacement for Pettine. For one thing, I want Gundy to stay at Oklahoma State for a very long time. But to consider the differences of the two men and then consider that Pettine is at the higher level blows my mind.

    Just to make it clear to anyone who might think otherwise, I have no intentions of leaving this forum any time soon regardless of whether Manziel starts again this year. But I do want a new head coach. One candidate that I would be happy with would be John DeFilippo. I am convinced that DeFilippo is a quality man and would make a quality head coach who would be willing to build for the future. I would like to have a quality head coach willing to build for the future.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

  18. #90
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    5,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nothing personal on ol' Shep.. Never questioned his fandom 1 Iota... But he gets too enamored with Shitty QB's.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  19. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm actually pretty sad Shep hasn't been around spam posting lately.

    I could always count on a quick. . Well written and thought out response. He must be really busy with his new show..

    Either that or he is really losing interest

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  20. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing personal on ol' Shep.. Never questioned his fandom 1 Iota... But he gets too enamored with Shitty QB's.
    Shep is one of several people who buy into the front office bullshit every year and nastily attack those of us who aren't "believers," but I give Shep credit for his ability to evaluate college talent. Shep was the first on this board on the Derek Carr bandwagon as well as several other players who have done well in the NFL or were drafted high, anyhow.

  21. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing personal on ol' Shep.. Never questioned his fandom 1 Iota... But he gets too enamored with Shitty QB's.
    Nothing personal?

    "Awww poor shep cant get his way...His poor lover boy is still on the bench," sounded personal personal to me.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

  22. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have said it before that that should confirm it, Shemp isn't nor was he ever a Browns fan. He's ALWAYS been a fan of players above the team and now wants an excuse to jump on the L.A. Faeries NFL franchise.
    He wouldn't need an excuse. Fandom is an emotional response. But being a fan of the hometown team (if you have one) is pretty easy.

    I was a Rams fan in the early sixties when I lived in the LA area and an Oiler fan in the seventies when I lived in the Houston area. When I moved to the Tulsa area, I sort of lost interest in pro football until about three and a half years ago when I spent a night reading up on the Browns. But I imagine that I would likely lose interest if it wasn't for this forum which keeps me up to date on Browns happenings.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

  23. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    save it kok, shep has stuck around and contributed while you scurried away and only returned to inform us all how we suck sooo bad.


    now is not the time to question someones fanhood. welcome back
    In the last 3 years of my sporadic posting I have had to bury my father, bury my aunt, bury my uncle, deal with a shitload of stress related illness, temporarily close my business and on my birthday this year put my dog that I had for 11 years to sleep. Things like football haven't exactly been a priority of mine. So if that is "scurrying off" then yeah, I guess I did "scurry off."
    Last edited by King of Kings; 11-14-2015 at 03:32 PM.

  24. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shep is one of several people who buy into the front office bullshit every year and nastily attack those of us who aren't "believers," but I give Shep credit for his ability to evaluate college talent. Shep was the first on this board on the Derek Carr bandwagon as well as several other players who have done well in the NFL or were drafted high, anyhow.
    Yeah Shemp is great at evaluating talent. I mean he had Jimmy Clausen as the #1 overall pick, ranked Mark Sanchez as the best QB in that draft class, pimped the shit out of Joey Harrington, couldn't stop sucking IRG3's cock ect. In his entire time as wannabe scout he has hit on exactly two players, Carr and the closet queen Aaron Rodgers who he only liked because it was a blue eyed metrosexual from California. Let's not go overboard on giving him props.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •