Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What the Browns Should Do.. They Wont Do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah Shemp is great at evaluating talent. I mean he had Jimmy Clausen as the #1 overall pick, ranked Mark Sanchez as the best QB in that draft class, pimped the shit out of Joey Harrington, couldn't stop sucking IRG3's cock ect. In his entire time as wannabe scout he has hit on exactly two players, Carr and the closet queen Aaron Rodgers who he only liked because it was a blue eyed metrosexual from California. Let's not go overboard on giving him props.
    Maybe he wasn't as good several years ago in evaluating talent, but the last two years he has been pretty good.

As for me, I thought Orchard, Cooper, Erving, Shelton and Gaines would be good NFL players and that looks shaky right now. But I have faith.

Post Thanks / Like

In the last 3 years of my sporadic posting I have had to bury my father, bury my aunt, bury my uncle, deal with a shitload of stress related illness, temporarily close my business and on my birthday this year put my dog that I had for 11 years to sleep. Things like football haven't exactly been a priority of mine. So if that is "scurrying off" then yeah, I guess I did "scurry off."
    I'm sorry for your losses and illness. I can relate, my mother passed two years ago, my sister less than a year. Got divorced 4 years ago, broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years a few month ago. I am battling a disease that is causing me great stress. This board has been good, taking my mind off my problems. Sorry, didn't mean to hit everyone with my personal problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    put my dog that I had for 11 years to sleep
    Jack London said the biggest injustice in life is that a good dog doesn't live as long as a man.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack London was right. I still have nightmares about putting Rocco our pug down after he went blind, deaf, developed cataracts, and got diabetes. Just laid around and cried after being this love and fun bundle, spinning at the sight of me or my wife. Broke my heart.

KoK, sorry about your rough run. Hang in there, man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Jack London was right. I still have nightmares about putting Rocco our pug down after he went blind, deaf, developed cataracts, and got diabetes. Just laid around and cried after being this love and fun bundle, spinning at the sight of me or my wife. Broke my heart.

KoK, sorry about your rough run. Hang in there, man.
    I remember when you had to put your dog down, in fact I kinda miss the photo of him as your avatar. Jack London is correctamundo for sure. Shittiest part about my stretch is other than my aunt who had been sick forever the rest came out a nowhere. Anyways on the bright side I was only close to my dad and aunt so now that there gone I do t have to worry about anyone else dying on me. Anyways thanks for the kind words Shep, I appreciate that a ton bro.

Post Thanks / Like

That beagle (Homer) is actually still alive! They thought he had invasive liver cancer, almost let him die on the table... but I stopped it. Turned out to be benign based on the slice biopsy. It's been three years this Thanksgiving! He's 16 now.

Rocco was only 9, which made it all the more wrenching. And backatcha on the kind words.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Shep is one of several people who buy into the front office bullshit every year and nastily attack those of us who aren't "believers," but I give Shep credit for his ability to evaluate college talent. Shep was the first on this board on the Derek Carr bandwagon as well as several other players who have done well in the NFL or were drafted high, anyhow.
    There is no "us" AO, we just nastily attack you; solely. If you'd simply read the board you'd see you're the only one singled out for this type of abuse. You see there's a secret sect of sub-members that meet periodically to determine who to target. We haven't had to meet a lot because you make it so easy.

Plus, you seem to LOVE playing the victim so I think this whole arrangement is working well for you.

Post Thanks / Like

In the last 3 years of my sporadic posting I have had to bury my father, bury my aunt, bury my uncle, deal with a shitload of stress related illness, temporarily close my business and on my birthday this year put my dog that I had for 11 years to sleep. Things like football haven't exactly been a priority of mine. So if that is "scurrying off" then yeah, I guess I did "scurry off."
    Obviously I didn't know of the terrible events you've had to deal with... glad your back.
    And yes the Browns are still struggling.
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    There is no "us" AO, we just nastily attack you; solely. If you'd simply read the board you'd see you're the only one singled out for this type of abuse. You see there's a secret sect of sub-members that meet periodically to determine who to target. We haven't had to meet a lot because you make it so easy.

Plus, you seem to LOVE playing the victim so I think this whole arrangement is working well for you.
    You're a zero -- and have been wrong about nearly everything you have said on this board this year. Now these past two weeks you're saying all the same things you attacked me for in hundreds of posts from the spring through the summer into the fall. You're irrelevant.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

God speed ya KoK. Been on a bit of a bad run the last 10-15 years Myself... I know how it is...
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    God speed ya KoK. Been on a bit of a bad run the last 10-15 years Myself... I know how it is...
    Thanks brother, hopefully things start looking up for the both of us soon.

Thanks for the welcome back Hammer and everyone else.