Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Long Road To Pittsburgh

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Long Road To Pittsburgh

We will be in their house, where we have had immense struggles.

I don't know how to feel about this one, I'm just really numb right now with this team. There's so much bullshit. The product on the field is garbage. At the beginning of the year we were confident that Pittsburgh was a team on the decline, and they are. They're a .500 team.

We've allowed 400 yards a game on defense, that simply will not do.

We need to put some points on the board, scoring 10-17 points will not beat Pittsburgh.

Can we pull off an upset next week?
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I don't know how to feel about this one, I'm just really numb right now with this team. There's so much bullshit. The product on the field is garbage. At the beginning of the year we were confident that Pittsburgh was a team on the decline, and they are. They're a .500 team.

We need to put some points on the board, scoring 10-17 points will not beat Pittsburgh.

No

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to beat Pittsburgh.

They suck.

Worse than us.

Plus I think we match up well.
    Last edited by PlaygroundLegend; 11-07-2015 at 01:12 PM.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I feel.

Forever fuck pittsburgh, no matter how bad things might feel, a win over them is our super bowl. It could be a huge emotional boost
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

You just never know with the Browns. I watched some of the Steelers- Bengals game, and the Steelers defense did a pretty good job on the Bengals and had Dalton somewhat confused. Shazier looks great at LB. Pittsburgh's big vulnerability is in the passing game as their DBs don't overhelm me. This might be the week to go more downfield to Benjamin and Gabriel.

The downside is that the Browns have no answer for the Steelers running game.

Browns need to find a way to run the ball better if they want to win some more games.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to be I could always find a reason or wiggle where we had a chance to win every game but not now. Doesn't matter who is under center this defense can't stop anybody. 1st half will be fun to watch but after halftime might as well watch a chick flick.

Used to be you could count on an emotional game cause it's pukeberg but, again, this d has no fire. Probably just watch taylor swift videos. Please kill me now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thaid_Up View Post
    Used to be I could always find a reason or wiggle where we had a chance to win every game but not now. Doesn't matter who is under center this defense can't stop anybody. 1st half will be fun to watch but after halftime might as well watch a chick flick.

Used to be you could count on an emotional game cause it's pukeberg but, again, this d has no fire. Probably just watch taylor swift videos. Please kill me now.
    Yeah, have you ever seen a defense with less intensity? That's the most distressing part of it.

Post Thanks / Like

No Ben, no Le'Veon. They shouldn't be very scary on offense.

Browns will be healthy again at WR and I'm making the leap that the Browns organization isn't totally retarded and Manziel will start based on a very good first half last week... on one day's prep. Now he gets a mini-bye. There's just no damn way to make sense of starting McCown. Zilch.

I have to work my second consecutive Sunday, sadly, and will watch it after the fact on Game Pass International. But I have a pretty good feeling we're all gonna like our future at the QB position after Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post

Browns will be healthy again at WR and I'm making the leap that the Browns organization isn't totally retarded and Manziel will start based on a very good first half last week... on one day's prep. Now he gets a mini-bye. There's just no damn way to make sense of starting McCown. Zilch.

I have to work my second consecutive Sunday, sadly, and will watch it after the fact on Game Pass International. But I have a pretty good feeling we're all gonna like our future at the QB position after Sunday.
    Anyone who thinks the Steelers are going to be a pushover is crazy. They won the game on Sunday essentially WITHOUT Ben and Bell, beating at am that had beaten the Browns.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Adams went down too didnt he?

They aready have a garbage O-line.. Now it may be even worse.

Maybe we can rack up some sacks.

If Im Pett/O'Neil.. I send the house all day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Yeah, have you ever seen a defense with less intensity? That's the most distressing part of it.
    no, the sad thing is no matter how well the offense plays, the defense can't stop anybody. Steelers run for 200.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    no, the sad thing is no matter how well the offense plays, the defense can't stop anybody. Steelers run for 200.
    Squealers put up 600 yrds offense against the Raiders... think they won't gash us for some insane amount?

Post Thanks / Like

I bet they torch us if we dont get to vick.

We need joey bosa soooo bad.

I hope we get him. Manziel should be prepared. Shotgun and quick throws. We need wr and johnny to get timing down. He will be the man by years end. We are drafting bosa or elliott and a wr....and have gordon back also

Shazier is legit. Browns need to draft buckeyes

Bosa
    Ezekiel
    Michael thomas
    Washington
    Darron lee
    Braxton miller
    Vonn bell
    Josh perry
    Taylor decker
    All studs

If browns draft buckeyes they r nfl rdy well coached.

Post Thanks / Like

The first order of business for the Browns is to know if they have their QB. It's a QB league and everything else falls into place when you can have your starter at that position set for a decade. They can't know that without starting Manziel over the next 7 games.

If he isn't the guy, that's the early pick. If he is, I think it's a huge variable: They won't draft a WR in the top five and shouldn't, would be better off trading down and adding picks. They could go with the best defensive player in the draft, probably, like Bosa. If they did that, the presumed pick in early round 2 would be a WR... and with the possible (hopeful) return of Gordon would make them potentially very strong at the position with a few guys from Benjamin, Hartline, Hawkins, and Gabriel added to those two.

I can't imagine Mack not picking up his player option. It's a huge gift to him on a player friendly contract and he won't get more elsewhere. The Browns should start Erving somewhere and resign Schwartz. They need an edge rusher, apparently, unless one emerges from the pack (between Mingo and Orchard, mostly). That might be a good place to spend f/a dollars.

We'd be where we were this year, except at QB: A team I'd expect to be very competitive on paper. But the performance of this high-priced defense has me admittedly baffled.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, people may think this is OSU homerism but you are right that you really can't go wrong drafting the cream of the crop from hugely successful college programs like this. These programs get the most talented players out of high school, tend to have the best coaching, and their players face the best college competition. I follow baseball more than football and the same can be said for drafting from the college powerhouses but only the top 1 or 2 players in that sport.

Love Braxton Miller as a WR and he might fall enough to grab him at a reasonable draft position (lower 2nd to 3rd round). He's already a good WR with little experience and crazy quick. Would rather they go free agency for game 1 starters though if the right guys are available for that position.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    hazier is legit. Browns need to draft buckeyes

Bosa
    Ezekiel
    Michael thomas
    Washington
    Darron lee
    Braxton miller
    Vonn bell
    Josh perry
    Taylor decker
    All studs

If browns draft buckeyes they r nfl rdy well coached.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate drafting Buckeyes.. because it screams homerism..

But I do like Bosa.

I just cant do Braxton unless its late

Post Thanks / Like

Long answer Yes with an If; Short answer No with a But.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count: 84 Browns, 164 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 34 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 294 total.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    You know, people may think this is OSU homerism but you are right that you really can't go wrong drafting the cream of the crop from hugely successful college programs like this. These programs get the most talented players out of high school, tend to have the best coaching, and their players face the best college competition. I follow baseball more than football and the same can be said for drafting from the college powerhouses but only the top 1 or 2 players in that sport.

Love Braxton Miller as a WR and he might fall enough to grab him at a reasonable draft position (lower 2nd to 3rd round). He's already a good WR with little experience and crazy quick. Would rather they go free agency for game 1 starters though if the right guys are available for that position.
    The fact is OSU players are pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedPagel View Post
    Long answer Yes with an If; Short answer No with a But.
    It's more possible than people think. But also don't underestimate the Steelers with D. Williams, A. Brown and company.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm reaching the point of apathy with this team. I've been a big proponent of keeping the front office in place, but I'm exhausted defending them. They are doing everything they can to be as bad as possible. It's like they want to be fired. I almost don't even want to watch the rest of the season. What's even the point? It's a waste of time. We are accomplishing nothing of value the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    I'm reaching the point of apathy with this team. I've been a big proponent of keeping the front office in place, but I'm exhausted defending them. They are doing everything they can to be as bad as possible. It's like they want to be fired. I almost don't even want to watch the rest of the season. What's even the point? It's a waste of time. We are accomplishing nothing of value the rest of the year.
    I think the Browns should start playing the kids a lot more: Cooper, Orchard, A. Bryant, Gilbert, Gaines, Desir, Campbell, Erving, Johnson, Manziel, Many of these kids have ability and need experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    Meanwhile, just checked Football Outsiders and Browns are still ranked 30th in run blocking and 27th in pass blocking. But we're now 24th in frequency in runs over left tackle, showing a lot o confidence in the run blocking ability of HOF tackle Joe Thomas! I don't get it. Is Thomas that bad in run blocking we are afraid to run his way?!

Post Thanks / Like

The first order of business for the Browns is to know if they have their QB. It's a QB league and everything else falls into place when you can have your starter at that position set for a decade. They can't know that without starting Manziel over the next 7 games.

If he isn't the guy, that's the early pick. If he is, I think it's a huge variable: They won't draft a WR in the top five and shouldn't, would be better off trading down and adding picks. They could go with the best defensive player in the draft, probably, like Bosa. If they did that, the presumed pick in early round 2 would be a WR... and with the possible (hopeful) return of Gordon would make them potentially very strong at the position with a few guys from Benjamin, Hartline, Hawkins, and Gabriel added to those two.

I can't imagine Mack not picking up his player option. It's a huge gift to him on a player friendly contract and he won't get more elsewhere. The Browns should start Erving somewhere and resign Schwartz. They need an edge rusher, apparently, unless one emerges from the pack (between Mingo and Orchard, mostly). That might be a good place to spend f/a dollars.

We'd be where we were this year, except at QB: A team I'd expect to be very competitive on paper. But the performance of this high-priced defense has me admittedly baffled.
    Shep, I've been saying the Browns need to know if JM is their QB, or draft one with their first pick. I've been beaten up for saying that very thing.
    Turbin gone, if anyone thinks Farmer has a glue as GM, they're as lame as he is. Bad draft picks, bad FAs, and it won't stop!

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

The Browns are done,, put a fork in'em'
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!