Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bdu

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bdu

Bro, I've been a dick lately.

In all seriousness this has bothered me all day.

Come back and post your analysis.

My bad.
    I suck.

The thing is, I really appreciate your post. For me, it's like brothers disagreeing.

But lately, I've assumed the big brother position in my head which is arrogant and completly unjustified.

Come back, brother from down under.

Come back and post your analysis.
    I won't post again until you do it.

Seriously, everyone deserves to see it.

Edit: everyone besides grey.
    Last edited by BoatShoes; 11-07-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

BDU, Do it for the forum. I'm sure that all of us would enjoy and beneift from this. Accept Boat's apology and let's roll together!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BDU, Do it for the forum. I'm sure that all of us would enjoy and beneift from this. Accept Boat's apology and let's roll together!
    In addition, I read the original analysis and it required a lot of work and I thought it was excellent. I'll treat you to Outback if you're this way and post it again!

Post Thanks / Like

BDU has accomplished the impossible and pulled humility out of Boatshoes.

I think BDU is well aware of how highly most of us think of him. Hopefully that's enough to bring him back, as he would be sorely missed.
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

I get sick, leave for a couple days, and come back to this?

Priceless. Ole Boatshoes adding value as usual.

Post Thanks / Like

Did BDU decide to stop posting recently or something? That guy is awesome. Even if we disagree on things here, it should never be made personal. Hope he comes back.

Post Thanks / Like

BDU do what you do!!!
    Come back baby come back!!!!!

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on back dude!.. We love ya!
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Who's bdu?

Lol. I would make an Ao comment here. But I'm so happy people have stopped quoting hi.m. that it's not necessary. Good post BS. I missed whatever pissed bdu off.

But I dig reading his stuff at least 50%_off the time. J/k lol

Browns are poisoning our brains..........,....
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

I thought BDU's post was VERY pro Manziel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    I missed whatever pissed bdu off.
    So did I. It must have been something that was deleted or edited out. There is certainly nothing still there that I think should have set anybody off--even BDU. But even without the OP that everyone was raving about, the thread is still worth reading for the exchange between Rich Eisen and Dre Kirkpatrick that BS posted.

However, there was another Kirkpatrick quote in which Kirkpatrick compared Johnny to Russell Wilson which I found about as interesting. Below you will find both:

RE: Defensively, last night, what adjustment did you make in the second half to make it work against Johnny Manziel?

DK: We were playing a lot of man and cover 3, you know? Every time we had our back turned on him, he was breaking out and getting out on us, so one of the adjustments was to zone him up, keep our eyes on him--you know, pretty much the same game plan we had with Russell Wilson. We know he likes to extend plays with his feet and he likes to get outside of the pocket. So, it was causing us some problems in the first half, but coaches did a great job of adjusting.

RE: So, was he improved as a quarterback from the last time you saw him?

DK: I feel like he improved but I feel like they (the Browns' staff) don't let him be Johnny, you know? I feel like they want him to be a pocket quarterback, which I don't think Johnny's a pocket quarterback. He made a completion on me, I think it was like the first play of the game on a slant. I didn't even see him, I just saw the ball. I just feel like, just let him be Johnny and he'll be alright. But, I'm just happy we got the win last night and he wasn't Johnny.
    The following is a link to the full article and video:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/11/7...oughts-on-rich
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think there's any need for him to play from the pocket at all. Those mean ole coaches just not letting Johnny be Johnny.

Because, well, we know how well that's worked from history. Just let the college phenom do what he did in college; no need to adjust for the NFL level things he can't do at all or can't do well. Just pretend those things don't exist and let him "do his thing".

Does anyone truly believe that Manziel doesn't have to develop a game from within the pocket? I guess I'll just start there with the serious question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Yeah, I don't think there's any need for him to play from the pocket at all. Those mean ole coaches just not letting Johnny be Johnny.

Because, well, we know how well that's worked from history. Just let the college phenom do what he did in college; no need to adjust for the NFL level things he can't do at all or can't do well. Just pretend those things don't exist and let him "do his thing".

Does anyone truly believe that Manziel doesn't have to develop a game from within the pocket? I guess I'll just start there with the serious question.
    As you know, I have been of the opinion that Manziel needs to develop into a pocket passer. However, I did notice the success that he had when he left the pocket in both the Tennessee game and this one also to throw on the run. And I noted Lewis's comment that they needed to "keep the dog-gone quarterback in the pocket."

And then I read the Kirkpatrick quotes and it suddenly occurs to me that that I might have been wrong.

I don't know the answer to the question, but I sure as hell don't want an answer that can't be questioned.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Kirkpatrick's "let Johnny be Johnny" quote is so obviously right it's absurd. Sure he needs to keep developing as a pocket passer and he's already come a long way. But neutering him makes zero sense... why draft him, then? Dre's right.

He had a great first half and then Pettine basically asked the Bengals what they wanted and gave it to them. It's Johnny Time. No doubt. And get out of the fucking way, Pettine, because he's your best shot at keeping your job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Kirkpatrick's "let Johnny be Johnny" quote is so obviously right it's absurd. Sure he needs to keep developing as a pocket passer and he's already come a long way. But neutering him makes zero sense... why draft him, then? Dre's right.

He had a great first half and then Pettine basically asked the Bengals what they wanted and gave it to them. It's Johnny Time. No doubt. And get out of the fucking way, Pettine, because he's your best shot at keeping your job.
    You could have said that it was the best way that Pettine could keep his fucking job. But then you are not as vulgar as I am becoming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    As you know, I have been of the opinion that Manziel needs to develop into a pocket passer. However, I did notice the success that he had when he left the pocket in both the Tennessee game and this one also to throw on the run. And I noted Lewis's comment that they needed to "keep the dog-gone quarterback in the pocket."

And then I read the Kirkpatrick quotes and it suddenly occurs to me that that I might have been wrong.

I don't know the answer to the question, but I sure as hell don't want an answer that can't be questioned.
    Ideally, you want Manziel to be comfortable in the pocket as well as out of it. I think he's making fine progress but his short height will always be an obstacle to seeing the field properly from the pocket. Manziel should be studying film of Wilson to see how he improves his positioning in the pocket to achieve good sight lines down field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post

Okay, before this just becomes "fact", can anyone actually support this with some game analysis. 'Cuase if memory serves Manziel's 3rd play from scrimmage in the second half was a vintage "Johnny being Johnny" that came up a few inches short of a first down.

The Bengals made an adjustment in the second half. It was easy to see if you just watched the rush lanes. The now sage-like Dre Kirkpatrick said as much himself.

This, dear Shep, is the major fucking problem with a one dimensional QB (can make plays outside the pocket; not inside the pocket) presents. He simply has to develop into a pocket QB of some skill.

Oh, and yes, I'd like to see him take the rest of the season's reps to try and learn it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, Johnny was downing bottles of Stella over the weekend so I'm not sure what that means in the scheme of things.

As far as letting Johnny be Johnny ....if the defense doesn't allow him to leave the pocket, how can Johnny be Johnny? Which is why he needs to learn to play from the pocket. (lol)
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    Johnny was downing bottles of Stella over the weekend
    Seriously?

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, Johnny was downing bottles of Stella over the weekend so I'm not sure what that means in the scheme of things.

As far as letting Johnny be Johnny ....if the defense doesn't allow him to leave the pocket, how can Johnny be Johnny? Which is why he needs to learn to play from the pocket.
    (lol)
    Seriously?
    I was waiting for someone to say something..

To clear the air before the negative spin comes. Johnny went to A&M for the Aggies game on his day off. He stayed at a friends apartment. The friend had invited a bunch of girls over. They took photos, of/with Johnny. One of the girls asked for his gold chain, and he just gave it to her.

One of the photos.. In the bottom right corner you can see the tippy top of a bottle.

Thats where this is stemming from.

Its a non-issue. Nothing happened, no cops, no drunkenness.. no reports of anything other than him hanging with girls at his friends apartment.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, before this just becomes "fact", can anyone actually support this with some game analysis. 'Cuase if memory serves Manziel's 3rd play from scrimmage in the second half was a vintage "Johnny being Johnny" that came up a few inches short of a first down.

The Bengals made an adjustment in the second half. It was easy to see if you just watched the rush lanes. The now sage-like Dre Kirkpatrick said as much himself.

This, dear Shep, is the major fucking problem with a one dimensional QB (can make plays outside the pocket; not inside the pocket) presents. He simply has to develop into a pocket QB of some skill.

Oh, and yes, I'd like to see him take the rest of the season's reps to try and learn it.
    No doubt he needs that development. On the flipside until that time comes you work with what you have. He's better than McCown and we need to see what he can do so lay the shit outa him. Unfortunately his latest drinking episode will likely land him on suspension due to the previous fuck up so this is all just talking to talk at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    Its a non-issue. Nothing happened, no cops, no drunkenness.. no reports of anything other than him hanging with girls at his friends apartment.
    It's a non issue according to the law, but how about according to his rehab?

Nothing against the kid for having threesomes with hotties, but the bottle of Stella throws that all off. You don't drink a bottle of Stella and not get drunk ...right?
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

It's a non issue according to the law, but how about according to his rehab?

Nothing against the kid for having threesomes with hotties, but the bottle of Stella throws that all off. You don't drink a bottle of Stella and not get drunk ...right?
    Clearly only these women and his friends were drinking, he merely went to the party and drank iced water and read through his bible while they all partied it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel's doing everything humanly possible to make this harder than it needs to be.

Is he being advised by anyone of quality? If so, does he listen?

Bottom line here: he's trying to do something the average 22 year old simply never has a chance to do. An incredibly rare, almost statistically unique, job opportunity that has the potential to generate massive wealth, fame, and future opportunity. It merits a highly disciplined, serious approach.

For starters, simply not showing up on social media drinking with college kids would not seem to be too much to ask. It falls into the commitment and trust categories. Yeah, I know, there's nothing illegal or outrageous about the picture/situation. That apologist rational just misses the point.

Think of it this way: He went ahead and tossed this on the resume to his coaching staff who's trying to figure out who to start this Sunday. A better move might have been to get away for a day, if he absolutely was "burned out" (that would be a red flag for me anyway), and go play a round of golf somewhere warm. Get back to Cleveland and tell Flip and O'Connell that he wanted to bunk with them to double down on his film study and game prep.

The nagging red flags just continue to rise up.