Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bdu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to disagree, KoK. I have seen a lot of speculation, but I have seen no documentations unless you consider speculation written down to be documentation.

I suppose, with that in mind, you might have a point.
    I consider daily selfies going clear back to his College days of him getting shitfaced, reports of team mates at A&M talking about him showing up drunk at games as well as a stint in rehab(followed by a domestic violence dispute) plenty of documentation there is a serious and known issue with alcohol. I am not sure what more we need for the fanclub to admit he has a drinking issue that needs resolved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    What did he do for Tampa Bay that was so wonderful?
    #1 pick in the draft. That's what he did for Tampa....why do you think hes here??
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Now that was damn funny Hammer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    #1 pick in the draft. That's what he did for Tampa....why do you think hes here??
    Well, I notice that Tampa Bay is 3-5. I do admit that that is better than 2-7. But we are 1-1 with Manziel. And the problem with what McCown did for Tampa Bay is that we have already won 2 games and the likelihood is that McCown may well gain us at least another one if not two if we continue with him. In competition with us will the Lions 1-7, the Raven 2-6, the titans 2-6, the Jaguars 2-6 and the Chargers 2-6. The result will likely be a draft position somewhere between 5 and 8. Meh.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    I consider daily selfies going clear back to his College days of him getting shitfaced, reports of team mates at A&M talking about him showing up drunk at games as well as a stint in rehab(followed by a domestic violence dispute) plenty of documentation there is a serious and known issue with alcohol. I am not sure what more we need for the fanclub to admit he has a drinking issue that needs resolved.
    What your talking about here is a history of partying and getting drunk. There has been a lot of guys who like to party who have also been pretty successful at football. Partying and getting drunk does not necessarily equate to alcoholism. Indeed the recent incident of him and his girlfriend suggests that he is capable of drinking in moderation while those around him are getting drunk. That does not sound like alcoholism to me.

You ever had a fight with a girlfriend? Particularly one who is desperately trying to hold onto you?
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

His drinking problems are well documented.

By his father, family, friends, and acquaintances. People arguing just for the sake of debate at this point.

Having a picture taken of him over the weekend with a giant bottle of champagne, his alcoholic beverage of choice ...is doing himself no favors. Especially when he may be on the verge of being named the starter for the rest of the season. Bad look.

Some people are just born without common sense, and are never able to achieve it I guess.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    His alcoholism is well documented. Try again with your apologist revisionism.
    I live here in Texas, and I have several friends close to the Aggie program, ALL of them say JFF got into coke while at A&M.

And anyone who's ever known anyone who snorts that stuff knows they drink like a fish while doing it.
    Last edited by Martin Eden; 11-09-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    I live here in Texas, and I have several friends close to the Aggie program, ALL of them say JFF got into coke while at A&M.

And anyone who's ever know anyone who snorts that stuff knows they drink like a fish while doing it.
    Well, if that is true, we had best hope that is ended for him as a person as well as a player.

All I am saying is that drinking--even heavy drinking--does not necessarily equate to alcoholism. I have been drunk hundreds of times in my 73 years and I am not an alcoholic. I admit to a serious addiction to tobacco. I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I do not dare have a cigarette because I am well aware that one would lead to two and two would lead to four and I would very quickly again be a slave to tobacco. There is no way I will ever let that happen.

But I can have a drink anytime I want without fear of needing another one.

Post Thanks / Like

ODC as politely as possible I am calling TOTAL BULLSHIT on this latest series of your snickers defense posts. The punk is a drunk, coke using, woman abusing loser. He belongs in dallas with a locker next to greg hardy. Twp peas in a pod.

Sorry to have interrupted your flow of bullshit, please continue.
    If you don't watch the games yourself and only parrot what the talking heads say YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE THAT I CARE TO READ BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHAT. i mean that in the best way possible of course. At the behest of a much respected one here I have altered my sig. Will he notice? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and one last item....a thread that begins with bs showing a bit of humility and is quickly hijacked into a snickers thread is why so many have left this board. Hey mods I think this is what i predicted about a year ago...Nice job guys.
    If you don't watch the games yourself and only parrot what the talking heads say YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE THAT I CARE TO READ BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHAT. i mean that in the best way possible of course. At the behest of a much respected one here I have altered my sig. Will he notice? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

BF is right. The Megathread was created for the sole purpose of keeping all QB related talk in one thread.

I know BDU's original thread was a break down of Manziel but this thread isn't the place to keep that, or any discussion about certain other habits, going.

This thread will stay open for a little while longer in the hopes that BDU will see it and if he wishes to reply to BS he can.
    Last edited by next2nothing; 11-10-2015 at 06:58 AM.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"