Thread: Should Browns Hire Bernie Kosar?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Should Browns Hire Bernie Kosar?

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2015/1...1Ni86Y.twitter

Bernie has come out and said he would love the opportunity to turn the Browns around. He said if the team wasn't competitive in two years, he'd fire himself. It WOULD be nice to have a guy who is passionate about the Cleveland Browns run the franchise, and the guy knows his stuff. I'm curious what everybody else's thoughts are. Would you hire Bernie if you were the Browns? If so, in what capacity would you hire him? GM? Team president?

Post Thanks / Like

YES!!! Kosar for Team President in a fucking heartbeat. Bernie gets it, and Bernie unlike Haslam, Farmer and Scheiner fucking LIVES for the Browns. I've been clamoring for it for years, hire Bernie and let him pick the GM and he and the GM pick the HC. I guarantee Bernie can get better caliber candidates to hear us out and interview than dumbass Haslam. I also guarantee he will do everything in his power to fix this shit, unlike Holmgren going golfing in between hiring his jobless loser friends or Haslam worrying about new uniform designs instead of winning.

Post Thanks / Like

Kosar as an executive? I feel like his detractors would use his past to slam him but all in all, it's as KoK said, dude bleeds brown and orange. What more could you ask for from an executive? Not some fat fuck slamming mojitos from his golf cart in training camp and telling fans to lower their fucking expectations. Haslam looking out for his wallet is not surprising but if he really cares about winning I think that he should bring in someone with a reputation as a senior executive to re-arrange the house if/when Farmer/Pettine get the boot. If that guy is Kosar? Well so be it.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly it won't be Kosar I don't think. It will probably be fuckface Alex Scheiner being given the reigns publicly to sell us on more bullshit as they hire some "up and coming" assistant coach from a bottom feeder team and another mediocre talent scout as our new "hidden gem" GM.

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Bernie shouldve been in charge from the start.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know..

He'd really make a better coordinator or position coach rather than a GM.

I dont think hes ever scouted before.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I'd take him as an OC or QB coach but not an executive. Too much baggage imo.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take him in any way that's significant.

And it drives me nuts how so many uninformed people think he's drunk. That's not it. It's from the concussions.

I really like his eye for talent and that he's not afraid to speak his mind.
    Last edited by OconRecon; 11-09-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Of course they should. That's always been obvious.

Not so obvious to the idiots at the top though.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take him.

But since this org won't trust him to broadcast preseason games, it's pretty obvious they won't trust him to run a team in any capacity.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count as of 11/2/17: 97 Browns, 177 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 322 total.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to disrespect what he did for the organization as a player, but I wouldn't hire him. It's quite obvious he's got some issues. Whether it be alcohol or what, or whether it really is concussion related issues, I honestly don't think he's capable of the types of jobs he's looking for (GM, President, coach, whatever). I mean, he's never done any of it before?! Sorry, but Bernie isn't the answer to the organizational issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree w this. Just hear him out.

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree w this. Just hear him out.

Agree. See what he has to say and planned. PLEASE fucking listen.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is...

Is a two year turnaround realistic? I guess it should be when other teams have pulled it off... To me it would take at least two seasons, and if no progress is made by year three then change needs to be made. The NFL is too bipolar... I may also be affected by Cleveland syndrome :P

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Is our situation truly comparable to other organizations? I mean we have to be damn near unique in the amount of turnover. Can there be another, more fractured organization from a "culture" standpoint?

I know that's Bernie's theme too. The remedy is the tough part. Seems we've tried every brand of change out there.

7 more games to go. If we lose out, or nearly so, then change is coming no matter what I'd wager. If we win more than we lose (unlikely I know, but just listing it as an option) then maybe the continuity thing will "feel" better to some. I think the division games will be key. If we somehow manage to go at least .500 in the division that would be positive.

Ugh. Hate talking about this at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell to the yes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    The thing is...

Is a two year turnaround realistic? I guess it should be when other teams have pulled it off... To me it would take at least two seasons, and if no progress is made by year three then change needs to be made. The NFL is too bipolar... I may also be affected by Cleveland syndrome :P
    In my view 8-8 by year two is a reasonable benchmark for a turn around, no? Or at the least post a better record from season 1 to season 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there another Browns Legend who is more suitable for the job apart from one at Ravens. Not sure if Kosar can be our John Elway for the Browns

Post Thanks / Like

Kosar as qb coach...help manziel with what hes seeing...and confidence.

Oconnell as oc

Deflippio as hc

Hire top flight dc and lets go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Is our situation truly comparable to other organizations? I mean we have to be damn near unique in the amount of turnover. Can there be another, more fractured organization from a "culture" standpoint?

I know that's Bernie's theme too. The remedy is the tough part. Seems we've tried every brand of change out there.

7 more games to go. If we lose out, or nearly so, then change is coming no matter what I'd wager. If we win more than we lose (unlikely I know, but just listing it as an option) then maybe the continuity thing will "feel" better to some. I think the division games will be key. If we somehow manage to go at least .500 in the division that would be positive.

Ugh. Hate talking about this at all.
    Detroit, though this year not so much. How long did it take them to go from truly awful to a playoff team?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Bernie as much as the next guy however...

He does not play well with others.

His mental capacity and stability are huge question marks.

His work ethic at this point in his life is...lets say questionable at best.

I have no problem with the Browns finding a place for Bernie and giving him a voice. I really don't think he is cut out to be a decision maker on any level.

Post Thanks / Like

Give us Bernie.... This is long overdue! Fire farmer today and put Bernie in...instant improvement! When it comes to The Cleveland Browns who could the fans trust more Bernie or farmer? Bernie loves the Browns...farmer just sucks ass. To those of you who oppose this I have one question, Could Bernie really do worse than farmer? Personally I don't think its possible to do worse than farmer.

Now if you want to keep farmer around...ok... he can wash jocks.
    If you don't watch the games yourself and only parrot what the talking heads say YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE THAT I CARE TO READ BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHAT. i mean that in the best way possible of course. At the behest of a much respected one here I have altered my sig. Will he notice? :-)