Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keys to fixing the Browns

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One key to fixing the Browns is to give opportunity's to players who earn them. Exactly how many chances has Gordon had by now?
    The key to fixing the Browns is to give opportunity to players who have the talent to be great. Reserve the opportunity for mediocre players and the result is a mediocre team.

That idea starts with the QB position, but it extends to every position.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel and oline
    -$hotgun. te 2 wr slot wr and rb. Designed runs lead by malcolm johnson and duke johnson. Pull guards and tackles on some plays. Erving needs try play center and move mack or keep him. Bitonio go to tackle for scwhartz mack to guard? Power runs and pull guards. Keep blocking in on 3rd against blitz(audible against blitz throw TO the blitz WR on hot route or audiblw to rub route wr screen away from blitz and break one.

Manziel and FLiP need continuity and control and comfort. Whole offseason dedicated to JMANZIEL2.

Better wr....braxton miller, gordon12,sterling shepard, benji ,hartline ,and telfair(te) we drafted on ir.
    Phoaroah cooper or treadwell tall wr who can catch run and block.

Te bibbs barnidge malcolm johnson

Rb duke play slot wr 2o plays a game. He needs 10 carries at minimum rushing. We need a RB to go with Duke. Crowell aint it....

Ezekiel
    Devantae booker
    Derrick Henry(2nd round gem)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manzielthetruth View Post
    Manziel and oline
    -$hotgun. te 2 wr slot wr and rb. Designed runs lead by malcolm johnson and duke johnson. Pull guards and tackles on some plays. Erving needs try play center and move mack or keep him. Bitonio go to tackle for scwhartz mack to guard? Power runs and pull guards. Keep blocking in on 3rd against blitz(audible against blitz throw TO the blitz WR on hot route or audiblw to rub route wr screen away from blitz and break one.

Manziel and FLiP need continuity and control and comfort. Whole offseason dedicated to JMANZIEL2.

Better wr....braxton miller, gordon12,sterling shepard, benji ,hartline ,and telfair(te) we drafted on ir.

Rb duke play slot wr 2o plays a game. He needs 10 carries at minimum rushing. We need a RB to go with Duke. Crowell aint it....

Ezekiel
    Devantae booker
    But just as we get comfortable with Manziel, it's likely we'll have a new head coach with new offensive coaching staff, once again disrupting everything. and causing Manziel to start from scratch in learning a system. I'd like to keep DeFlip but we need to fin a good offensive line coach! But I bet if Pettine is gone so is DeFlip.

Post Thanks / Like

You know what we need? ATTITUDE & EFFORT.

I know a lot of you don 't like Ray Lewis.
    But let me paraphrase him to point out the problem.
    He said something like this:
    "In my 15 years in the league, no matter how fast, big, athlethic a player is, I 've never seen someone who was always beaten to the ball, every snap. It 's about effort. I was never the biggest or the fastest, but I always gave my all."

Why do we tackle like children?

I want some motherfucking mean men in this draft.
    http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1122_6.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis would be great dc.....

Rob ryan available

We need to get back to hitting and flying to the ball. We dont have the linebackers to run 3-4 and especially without blitzing or playing safety in the box

I miss tj ward in the box.

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CroBrownsBall View Post

"In my 15 years in the league, no matter how fast, big, athlethic a player is, I 've never seen someone who was always beaten to the ball, every snap. It 's about effort. I was never the biggest or the fastest, but I always gave my all."

I'm with you.. I'm tired of the namby pamby choir boy approach,, nice guys dont always win...
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis would be great dc.....

Rob ryan available

We need to get back to hitting and flying to the ball. We dont have the linebackers to run 3-4 and especially without blitzing or playing safety in the box

I miss tj ward in the box.

You need to leave because you sound like a broken record stuck on stupid.
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah probowl safety.....who has sacks....fumbles...forced fumbles...and actually lays the wood and could tackle.

Our secondary cannot tackle. Campbell is only one i have seen that is quick enough to come down and make a stop before 6 yards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CroBrownsBall View Post

I think you forgot talent.

Attitude and effort are variables. They can change. Talent is a constant. Constants do not change.

Now if you add attitude and effort to talent, then you have something.

Attitude and effort without talent gets you nothing but disappointment because without the talent to be great, greatness is not possible.

I will give you an example.

Tom Brady had talent. Add Tom Brady's attitude and effort to Tom Brady's talent and you have Tom Brady.

Josh McCown has attitude and effort exceeded by nobody. With Josh McCown's attitude and effort you have Josh McCown.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah probowl safety.....who has sacks....fumbles...forced fumbles...and actually lays the wood and could tackle.

Our secondary cannot tackle. Campbell is only one i have seen that is quick enough to come down and make a stop before 6 yards.
    I agree. Campbell has nice instincts and a nose for the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post

Attitude and effort are variables. They can change. Talent is a constant. Constants do not change.

Attitude and effort without talent gets you nothing but disappointment because without the talent to be great, greatness is not possible.

Tom Brady had talent. Add Tom Brady's attitude and effort to Tom Brady's talent and you have Tom Brady.

Josh McCown has attitude and effort exceeded by nobody. With Josh McCown's attitude and effort you have Josh McCown.
    Wow. Had to re-read that. Quite profound!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Wow. Had to re-read that. Quite profound!
    It is the truth, in my opinion, as well as a philosophy, and here is the point:

I think Farmer can be forgiven for drafting Gilbert because when he drafted Gilbert, he drafted talent. Even if Gilbert turns out to be a bust, Farmer can be forgiven. In the draft, there are players who got there mainly on talent and there are others who got there based on attitude and effort that exceeded their talent. There is room for both in the NFL. But if you are trying to build a championship team, there needs to be a marriage of talent with attitude and effort. If you concentrate only on attitude and effort, you are settling on mediocrity. You have to take a few chances on talent.

I do not know the reasons for the apparent (at least for now) miss with Gilbert. But I don't think it is fair to blame Farmer for the miss while not at least acknowledging that he was aiming high. I would rather he miss aiming high than miss aiming low.

For comparison, I will mention that Banner/Lombardi missed aiming low.

Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

It is the truth, in my opinion, as well as a philosophy, and here is the point:

I think Farmer can be forgiven for drafting Gilbert because when he drafted Gilbert, he drafted talent. Even if Gilbert turns out to be a bust, Farmer can be forgiven. In the draft, there are players who got there mainly on talent and there are others who got there based on attitude and effort that exceeded their talent. There is room for both in the NFL. But if you are trying to build a championship team, there needs to be a marriage of talent with attitude and effort. If you concentrate only on attitude and effort, you are settling on mediocrity. You have to take a few chances on talent.

I do not know the reasons for the apparent (at least for now) miss with Gilbert. But I don't think it is fair to blame Farmer for the miss while not at least acknowledging that he was aiming high. I would rather he miss aiming high than miss aiming low.

For comparison, I will mention that Banner/Lombardi missed aiming low.

Just my opinion.
    Gilbert is very talented as an athlete, no question. But his attitudinal quirks should have been discovered and raised red flags with the Browns.

Post Thanks / Like

Gilbert is very talented as an athlete, no question. But his attitudinal quirks should have been discovered and raised red flags with the Browns.
    I do agree with ODC that Gilbert has talent, but he still didn't warrant the 8th pick in the draft, that was a big reach. IMO Gilbert should have been drafted around the 20th pick.

Post Thanks / Like

I 'm tired of throwing around the word talent around.
    FFS everyone who 's involved in the draft process is talented-a lot of them even fall through the cracks.

Of course I want talented players. But I want them to cleanly destroy the Steelers and the Ravens.
    William Gay, Cortez Allen, no matter the shite player, they always tackle well.

They are shit. No matter what talent they put forth on the Dline, the Steelers, they somehow collapse the pocket.
    The Ravens had some pretty shit secondaries masked by a pass rush.

Tom Brady was a player who obsessively worked on his craft, and probably wasn 't in the top 10 QBs in his class in terms of talent.

Let 's start to think about the fact that we have had superior talent the last two years to our rivals and we can 't get it done.
    It 's that simple.

I want players who want to eat their competition at their respective position, and cleanly but brutally destroy the opposition.
    Want players to hustle their asses off, know where they need to be, and then skullcrushinglly hit the motherfucker on the other side.

It 's simple. Something that we have always lacked.

Give me a true monster at DE/OLB. Another weapon on O.
    Switch up the Oline blocking to the Shanny shit and D to the undergraduate scheme. Roll.

This season 's over, but some perpetual problems arose again.
    I 'm sure nickers and I aren 't the only one who want men playing for our team.

It 's a mentality, especially Oline and pass-rush. And tackling. Preparation, everything that talent doesn 't have much with.
    http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1122_6.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel and oline

Ezekiel
    Devantae booker
    1: Learn to speak. You are about as bad as Cardale "I is come to play Spoats, we ain't came to play study" Joke. That explains a lot, actually.

2: Fuck Braxton Miller.

3: Fuck you.

4: Get your spam and retarded bullshit out of my threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    1: Learn to speak. You are about as bad as Cardale "I is come to play Spoats, we ain't came to play study" Joke. That explains a lot, actually.

2: Fuck Braxton Miller.

3: Fuck you.

4: Get your spam and retarded bullshit out of my threads.

Even 10 year olds have better command of the English language, using an Ipad or a Kindle Fire...

OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Brady has widespread cheating. Add filing other teams play calls and practices, the HC bugging opposing locker rooms, ball boys deflating his footballs to an illegal level, the NFL giving the Pats Olines a free pass to hold on every play and NFL Officials throwing a flag anytime Princess Brady tells them to or anytime anyone gets within 5 yards of the golden queer and you have Tom Brady. And Matt Cassel when he was in New England. Take away the widespread systemic chatting at every level and you have Matt Cassel since leaving New England. Tue exact same would apply if Queen Brady left the Cheatriots, hence why for supposedly being this great QB he continually signs shitty contracts to stay under Bill Belicheat. He knows having to play on a level playing field he is still that shitty Michigan QB that deservedly went in the 6th round.

You should get a better example of talent next time, not a disgrased cheating loser.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Brady has widespread cheating. Add filing other teams play calls and practices, the HC bugging opposing locker rooms, ball boys deflating his footballs to an illegal level, the NFL giving the Pats Olines a free pass to hold on every play and NFL Officials throwing a flag anytime Princess Brady tells them to or anytime anyone gets within 5 yards of the golden queer and you have Tom Brady. And Matt Cassel when he was in New England. Take away the widespread systemic chatting at every level and you have Matt Cassel since leaving New England. Tue exact same would apply if Queen Brady left the Cheatriots, hence why for supposedly being this great QB he continually signs shitty contracts to stay under Bill Belicheat. He knows having to play on a level playing field he is still that shitty Michigan QB that deservedly went in the 6th round.

You should get a better example of talent next time, not a disgrased cheating loser.
    LOL! Tom Brady is one of the best QBs in NFL history.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Tom Brady is one of the best QBs in NFL history.
    Not even in the running. Great QB's aren't regularly caught cheating. Shitty, insecure losers are regularly caught cheating.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Brady is one of the luckiest QB's in NFL history, that's about it. His 'greatness' is as overstated as any athlete in professional sports history.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    Tom Brady is one of the luckiest QB's in NFL history, that's about it. His 'greatness' is as overstated as any athlete in professional sports history.
    The Cheatriots and Queen Brady are a fucking joke. Everyone knows it, including the rest of the NFL hence why they are regarded as cheating in every possible way. I mean he you got teams putting out info about it and the Ravens, hate 'em all you want but have been calling th on it for a decade as Rog Goodell plays his magick tricks and gives them limp wristed gentle slaps on the hands.

The Queen Brady mythology cracks me up. Even after being caught filming other teams playcalls and practices, being called out for preferential treatment from referees since day one, the NFL making up bullshit one time only rules to cover for him, being caught radio jamming opposing teams headsets(and no doubt eavesdropping) so they can't call plays onto the field and HAVE TO use the signals Belicheat and Queen Brady have memorized, the lick of despite having winning seasons consistently getting powder puff schedules to pad the Queens stats via cheating and FINALLY, deflating all his footballs to an illegal level(and getting reported to the NFL over it multiple times) in order to look good. It is pure WWF theater by the NFL, they needed someone to sell to the faggots, women and clueless couch potatoes and found one in an undersized think from San Fran. Give any number of QB's in the NFL the amount of free reign to cheat Brady and Belicheat have been given and they'll look great too. Hell many already look better WITHOUT the rampant unchecked cheating.

Bottomline: Most overrated player in NFL history, definitely a Hall of Fame cheater, even surpassing Pete Rose in that HOF.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the Patriots are just better at cheating then everyone else.....
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

The Cheatriots and Queen Brady are a fucking joke. Everyone knows it, including the rest of the NFL hence why they are regarded as cheating in every possible way. I mean he you got teams putting out info about it and the Ravens, hate 'em all you want but have been calling th on it for a decade as Rog Goodell plays his magick tricks and gives them limp wristed gentle slaps on the hands.

The Queen Brady mythology cracks me up. Even after being caught filming other teams playcalls and practices, being called out for preferential treatment from referees since day one, the NFL making up bullshit one time only rules to cover for him, being caught radio jamming opposing teams headsets(and no doubt eavesdropping) so they can't call plays onto the field and HAVE TO use the signals Belicheat and Queen Brady have memorized, the lick of despite having winning seasons consistently getting powder puff schedules to pad the Queens stats via cheating and FINALLY, deflating all his footballs to an illegal level(and getting reported to the NFL over it multiple times) in order to look good. It is pure WWF theater by the NFL, they needed someone to sell to the faggots, women and clueless couch potatoes and found one in an undersized think from San Fran. Give any number of QB's in the NFL the amount of free reign to cheat Brady and Belicheat have been given and they'll look great too. Hell many already look better WITHOUT the rampant unchecked cheating.

Bottomline: Most overrated player in NFL history, definitely a Hall of Fame cheater, even surpassing Pete Rose in that HOF.
    Tom Brady is a GREAT QB.