Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wait, we waived Turbin today?

OconRecon is online now #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wait, we waived Turbin today?

Not saying he's awesome, but I thought we at least had figured out the RB trio for the season.

Ah well. That's that. Up comes the rook lineman UDFA from Kentucky via the PS.

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...-turbin-111015
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    OTA's: 5/23-25, 5/30-31, 6/1, 6/5-8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

And the beat goes on...

This was a player we jettisoned the Pryor project over and then waited for him to be 100% healthy only to release him after 3 fucking appearances?

Wow.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's reasonable to bring up Pryor. . . if he was such a wonderful project, don't you think SOMEONE would have signed him by now?

Turbin showed some spark, I thought he might be a good addition, but he absolutely has some ball security issues. He lost the trust of the coaches for his unforced errors. And with Bitonio going down this week, they needed a backup OL, so Turbin must have been the low man on the roster.

Post Thanks / Like

SHOTS FIRED

Rumor is...

FARMER WANTED TO KEEP PRYOR

and

HE NEVER WANTED TURBIN

When Pettine got into the drivers seat during Farmers suspension, he got with Farmers 2nd in command and made the Pryor/Turbin move.

This is Ray taking control back.

**SHOTS FIRED BACK**

Pettine says Mccown is the starter if healthy.

Now all the "conspiracies" have all been confirmed as true. There is a definite power struggle going on.

Ray wants Pettine to play Manziel and the draftees, Pettine is saying no.

This is real folks.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Hows does any of this confirm wild theories?

Turbin was not doing much to take time away from Crow/Duke. Schwartz is hurt so we need OL insurance. Seems very straightforward...
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Just fire everybody. This is ridiculous. There is no salvaging this situation and I am sick of the bullshit drama. Fire Farmer. Fire Pettine. Cut Johnny. Ya know what? Let's just tell the NFL the Browns are going on hiatus for a few years. We need a break.

Post Thanks / Like

lol Tang. Sure seems like a reasonable option would be to file with the NFL for a simultaneous franchise disbandment/expansion order. Maybe we could get a sweetheart deal like sniping a player from each NFL roster while allowing them to only protect 2 guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hows does any of this confirm wild theories?

Turbin was not doing much to take time away from Crow/Duke. Schwartz is hurt so we need OL insurance. Seems very straightforward...
    you are right EE. It doesn't prove anything. But those are some rather strong co-incidents and the last I looked, 2 plus 2 still equals four.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    lol Tang. Sure seems like a reasonable option would be to file with the NFL for a simultaneous franchise disbandment/expansion order. Maybe we could get a sweetheart deal like sniping a player from each NFL roster while allowing them to only protect 2 guys.
    Haha, dude I am so down on the Browns right now. I'm just upset because I feel like this team is completely hopeless. I go through these "all hope is lost" phases occasionally, especially after days like today. I kinda just want the season to be over.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather start over as an expansion franchise and get a bunch of top 3 picks in a row year after year than go thru this crap where we think our team should be decent every year and end up with the number 5-10 pick. Either way the product on the field is shit, may as well maximize the output.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pl4tinum View Post
    I'd rather start over as an expansion franchise and get a bunch of top 3 picks in a row year after year than go thru this crap where we think our team should be decent every year and end up with the number 5-10 pick. Either way the product on the field is shit, may as well maximize the output.
    The problem is that that is not an option.

We need to recognize that the hard work of building a winner really is hard work and is not accomplished overnight. The other part of the equation is that you can't have just anybody doing the hard work. You have to have people capable of doing the hard work in a fruitful manner. We got off to a bad start with Banner and Lombardi. There is a question regarding Farmer.

But we need a new coach now.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fooleeze View Post
    I don't think it's reasonable to bring up Pryor. . . if he was such a wonderful project, don't you think SOMEONE would have signed him by now?

Turbin showed some spark, I thought he might be a good addition, but he absolutely has some ball security issues. He lost the trust of the coaches for his unforced errors. And with Bitonio going down this week, they needed a backup OL, so Turbin must have been the low man on the roster.
    I'm just saying that we gave up a guy who MAY have helped us down the road for a guy that didn't do anything for us.

Pryor was and still is a long shot but damn it just feels like this was another dumb move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    I'm just saying that we gave up a guy who MAY have helped us down the road for a guy that didn't do anything for us.

Pryor was and still is a long shot but damn it just feels like this was another dumb move.
    Fair statement. But I think they made the move knowing the running game was important and thought he would give it a boost. Of course, same argument can be made about Pryor re the passing game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pl4tinum View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what happened to joe haden.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post

Well, look at it this way. . . it's not a 'dumb move' until 1: he proves to be worth the project and 2: it can't be undone. So until someone else signs him (can't be undone anymore), and he proves to be a legitimate WR, then it's not a dumb move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    Just fire everybody. This is ridiculous. There is no salvaging this situation and I am sick of the bullshit drama. Fire Farmer. Fire Pettine. Cut Johnny. Ya know what? Let's just tell the NFL the Browns are going on hiatus for a few years. We need a break.
    LOL! Today Bud Shaw of the PD wrote a column in which he listed the incredibly long list of general managers for this team. It's staggering and beyond comprehension to me that not a single one of those guys was any good at all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what happened to joe haden.

I've seen this theory posted elsewhere but I agree with it.

I think the NFL cracking down on how physical DBs can be and Haden's injuries have been the reason for his struggles.

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

And Bowe is still here , LOL
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Move this shit team to L.A. and burn First Energy Stadium to the ground. If anyone has the two episodes of "It's a Football life" about Belichick's Browns, or Paul Brown, then you know why I feel like this. Bill Belichick was putting together something special before Modell pulled the rug out from underneath everyone. The Browns will never see another coach that can even sniff the jock of the likes of a Paul Brown, or a Bill Belichick. The whole soul of the Browns went when the team moved. Everyone has known this for years. These people who are claiming to be the Cleveland Browns are just imposters. BB had a VISION. The guys they hire today are just babysitters. You think a Mike Pettine has a PLAN? Watching his 36 year old starting quarterback get pounded into the ground?

Sorry, I am not the typical delusional Cleveland Browns fan that thinks that somehow they will turn it around every year and be world beaters. Nor do I think that whatever quarterback they draft in the first round will magically be that diamond in the rough and the next Otto Graham will be trotting out to the field when the dumbass fans start chanting *insert name here*'s name. This Browns organization is like a tumor on the shores of Lake Erie. This will never be you dad's or granddads Browns again, pass this problem off to somebody else and start fresh.

Post Thanks / Like

May I also add that the Browns of the Paul Brown era were a cutting edge organization, innovators. The pile of crap dumpster fire that resides on the shore of Lake Erie today are just retreads. Regurgitated crap trying to rip off everyone else's "model" instead of trying to be something different and special. Just look at who they brought back since they came back into the league. Phil Savage, Kokinis , and Eric Mangini. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Nick Saban to come back here if and when he is done with Alabama. No imagination, no direction, just " Hey, let's do what they do." and hire a bunch of coaches that don't even know how to make the other guys model work.

Post Thanks / Like

If we hire urban meyer this team will be better then ever was.....except jim brown days and paul brown.

Pettine has to go and him and oneil need fired after we lose to shitsburgh without benny n bell. Pettine starting mccown over manziel...and not giving team to manziel to get reps and go into bye week and this long 10day in between stretch too.... Manziel and offense could be completely different by the time we play seahawks. No huddle shotgun and running the ball wayy better....qb draws... Hb draws with duke. Shovel passes..... Jet sweeps with benj n gab. Need to resign lenz and. Pryor right now.

They can block better then snyone we got and drop balls less then guys we got. Make more catches and touchdowns then anyone we got.

What about telfair our te from usc. We can activate him right?? He should be ready now?? Get him bibbs n barnidge all playingtime. Cut dray. Play erving over mack or something. Erving needs to play.

No more zbs. Power running from shotgun.....center and guards pull..... Hb lead block for manziel on designed keeper. Crowell winston and duke rb. Duke needs to start flat out. He needs touches....sweeps.... Speed option with manziel. Direct snap in shotgun lined up beside johnny.
    Duke in wildcat direct snap with winston or crowell at hb or malcolm johnson.

Johnson needs to run the ball and catch it alot....shift him to te or slot and back into backfield. We need to create mismatchs but we also need to block.

Gaines and gilbert need to start rest of season. Desir too if gaines n gilby dont look legit. We need to see who can play and who cant.

Pettine isnt giving anyone a chance. Hes playing retreads...taking them out of what they do best . kruger in coverage ..... Whitner one on one getting toasted. Blitzing our corners and getting toasted.

No zone help.... Nonsafety over top

We play off....letting free release.. Then have have help im run gsme from secondary bc they 8 yarda off the ball and watching their guy only.

Play shelton cooper kruger and mingo all at same time and play four 2 5 pass d....

Meder orchard starks and des bryant as rotation for run d...

Kirksey robertson dansby as lb in 4-3

Gilbert gaines as cb
    Desir and poyer as nickle safety.

Campbell as ss gipson fs.

Thomas greco erving mack bitonio

Pur bitonio at rg schwartz rt if mitchell s healthy. Mack to bench.....dead serious. He wint have any value to opt outs if we do that. Thats economics and politics. And coaching good fb...he can play vetter then he has. He got fat payday and dont care.

Duke and manziel

Winston malcolm johnson and definitely crowell need rushes.

Benji as #2 lenz as #3 pryor as our #1 so he can block and jump balls too high for cb to get. Duke can line up in slot when crowell at rb or malcolm johnson vice versa. Barnidge and bibbs can both be on field. One stay tonblock but u dno who.

Let manziel call audibles and his own plays. He needs to call hot route reads when seeing blitz

And call qb draw with lead blocker when they playing off, hb screen against blitz as audible, he needs to change protections(bring barnidge or malcolm johnson in to block) have whole line roll one direction after snap so johnny can slide away from a blitz. Or get it covered.

He needs to call the hurry up right immediately after big play when we get a first down. Dont let defense change their personnel from 3rd down pass down to first down....dont let them get set or call play.... Go up and call option ....give to crowell or pull and roll. With duke trailering as the pitch man from slot or line up right behind beside the te. Do that quickly before theyre set....gash them.

And then sprint up and call fake option look the samw play just to different side....quick before theyre set but call pass play where fake to crow...he sneaks out as delay outlet, but benji deep on deep post and up past safety who looked in on run. And also have barndige chip....and release opposite way of option fake. Lb will see him block see option look .

Defliplio on his own may be able to have our team outting 40 up every week on anybody if pettine is fired.

Deflippio will have our offense balling out. It will not be conservative like it is now. The offense will step up with flip calling all thr shots. Offense knows defense having troubles and needs to score touchdowns.

We need to get our guysm believing we can win against body. Manziel would be top 10 qb if flip was coach. Mccown was yanked and made to help manziel. Manziel can run nothing but shotgun n hurrry up and throw the ball 50x a game. Let duke johnson and crowell run 15 a pc. Johnson hella pass attempts

Lenz n pryor resigned by farmer
    Moore bademosi dray mccown all cut...mccown maybe just on ir so contract good for next yr if need be.

Flip running team.... We would have energy and try to win. This team hates Pettine hates oneil. Mccown is only guy loves pettine.

I bet deflippio could end 4-1 at the end of year.....vs niners seahawks bengals ravens and whoever. Defense would be extremely more fired up and ready to make flip look good.

If we cant get meyer......try gruden who loves manziel and would love to draft with our picks. Cowher bring the browns to superbowl team. Let him work with farmer. Whatever bill says is what goes though.

FARMER ISNT ISSUE PETTINE IS. HE WILL NOT LET MANZIEL GET COMFORTABLE WITH REPS AND TEAM. TALKS BAD ABOUT HIM.
    PETTINE WONT PLAY YOUNG GUYS OR FARMER GUYS...DUKE JOHNSON GET 65 yards in first half...two games ina row.... And dont get any plays n second half.

Making all our team look like trash. Fucking them up dysfunctionally.
    PETTINES COACHING SUCKS.HIS ATTITUDE SUCKS...HE HAS NO EMOTION SO TEAM HAS NO IDENTITY. PETTINE WANTS TO CONTROL EVERYTHING AND CANT SO HE "SHOWING FARMER "

FARMER JUST WANTS MANZIEL TO GET PLAY AND GET REPS AND GET BETTER....DEVELOP HIM. PETTINE WILL NOT. ONEILS LAME ASS PISS POOR SHIT....AND PETTINE DONT STEP IN BC HE DONT CARE HE WANTS US LOOK TRASHY.

BLAME FARMER

BUT HASLAM GONNA TELL HIM ONEIL FIRED N MANZIEL QB OR UR FIRED TOO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    May I also add that the Browns of the Paul Brown era were a cutting edge organization, innovators. The pile of crap dumpster fire that resides on the shore of Lake Erie today are just retreads. Regurgitated crap trying to rip off everyone else's "model" instead of trying to be something different and special. Just look at who they brought back since they came back into the league. Phil Savage, Kokinis , and Eric Mangini. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Nick Saban to come back here if and when he is done with Alabama. No imagination, no direction, just " Hey, let's do what they do." and hire a bunch of coaches that don't even know how to make the other guys model work.
    Yep, Mike Pettine frowns every time the Browns throw a pass downfield. Mike and his erstwile sidekick in Analdom, Ray Farmer, want to institute the single wing formation next year -- no receivers at all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    SHOTS FIRED

Rumor is...

FARMER WANTED TO KEEP PRYOR

and

HE NEVER WANTED TURBIN

When Pettine got into the drivers seat during Farmers suspension, he got with Farmers 2nd in command and made the Pryor/Turbin move.

This is Ray taking control back.

**SHOTS FIRED BACK**

Pettine says Mccown is the starter if healthy.

Now all the "conspiracies" have all been confirmed as true. There is a definite power struggle going on.

Ray wants Pettine to play Manziel and the draftees, Pettine is saying no.

This is real folks.
    It's all immaterial. Both will be gone soon, or nobody will pay attention at all in 2016 to these two incompetents.

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    It's all immaterial. Both will be gone soon, or nobody will pay attention at all in 2016 to these two incompetents.

Sexy Rexy will pick up pettine next season to help ensure the Bills run defense will be 32nd in the league.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!