Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Maybe why Browns staff not to keen to play Manziel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NGgator60 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can also tell your level of football acumen without having to read many of your posts and it certainly is not high. Johnny is not an NFL quarterback? List 64 quarterbacks that are currently better than Johnny, without even accounting for the maturation and development of a 22 year old, and I'll start to give credence to your words otherwise you're simply a bombastic blowhard.

Prey tell, what did you know that the Giants had after 10 games of Eli? The Niners after 10 games of Kaepernick? The Falcons after a year of Schaub? The Bucs after a year of Steve Young? The Niners after 10 games of Alex Smith? The Packers after 10 games of Matt Flynn? The Broncos after 10 games of Cutler? The Jets after 10 games of Sanchez? I'll give you a hint..not much.
    Well, I have watched a lot of QBs play this season and I have seen many performances much worse than what we have seen from Manziel. And again I urge people to think -- yes Johnny misses some open receivers and that's well documented, but there are a lot of plays Manziel CAN'T make because these bad receivers can't get open or drop passes and Browns OL is overwhelmed because they can't block and they have no running game.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally I'd say you can't really judge a player with such few starts under his belt, but Manziels shortcomings that are highlighted in that article are issues he had during his time at A&M. I don't think Manziel is ever going to be a guy that will be able to process the whole field each play. That's not to say he can't be successful, though. He can obviously stretch plays long enough for the defense to break down. That's a good attribute to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    McCown is more experienced -- by about 10 years -- and that shows. But I maintain McCown is not a big play QB and has trouble in the red zone, despite his recent 3 TD performance, but the Browns are still among the worst in the NFL in red zone TD scoring.

Despite his limited experience, I maintain Manziel presents more problems for a defense with his big play capability and scrambling ability.
    If this were evident, other teams would respect and fear him. But they don't. They just don't. Landry Jones who I wanted in that draft class is far and above a better qb and it shows.
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
    Manziels shortcomings that are highlighted in that article are issues he had during his time at A&M.
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...manziel-1.html

Yeah. . . he really struggled throwing the ball at A&M.

Post Thanks / Like

His timing in the pocket is so bad... how bad is it ?
    he fears being there, from being picked off so many times in practice. thus will not pull the trigger in games.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

He looked damn good in the pocket at the game I saw. And was excellent in the pocket at A&M. And has given the staff plenty to build on, shown a lot of special talent.

This is basically a lot of bullshit here trying to support something the entire world knows is insane (I hear about it every single day from both Americans and Canadians). It's nuts. We have to own that. Pettine hates Manziel, never wanted him, and isn't trying to develop him at all.

Post Thanks / Like

He hasn't looked good inside the pocket and his numbers reflect it. Not sure what colored glasses you've been watching games with Shep, but knowing how desperate you are for the QB messiah I'd wager they had a rose tint.

Post Thanks / Like

The irony is that the gentleman that I called out is either too yella to offer a rebuttal or too inebriated with affection towards a mobile college QB of whom Johnny's collegiate exploits make look like child's play (without an ACL injury). Hell, he should be so thankful that Notre Dame was down to their third string QB in a monsoon...but I digress...

Listen, we've had some very productive football conversations with some very intelligent individuals that each bring a unique perspective to the table including (but not limited to) PGL, BDU, Grey, and the benefactor of this site of whom I've questioned his opinion but trust his motivation as it pertains to securing long-term success for this franchise.

The bottom-line remains that quite literally every reasonable party acknowledges that Manziel is ions from where he was last year, he is at the very least an NFL QB (even if you think he's a backup), he has very little support surrounding him, he has exceeded expectations this season with regards to his on-field play, and he needs much more time to ascertain his future. Do the Browns really want to be the franchise that spent two years fostering a fragile QB only for him to reap those benefits elsewhere (which, you know with this franchise' luck would happen)? Or should the Browns actually commit to developing a semi-flawed but extremely promising youngster behind center?

In my opinion it is a no-brainer.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, I offered a play-by-play rebuttal to the article that Steven White authored and its yet to be addressed. I feel that his piece was extremely biased against what he initially admonished Johnny for, inexperience. Enjoying a career as an NFL lineman does not a good analyst necessarily make.

Bill Belichick spent exactly zero downs as an NFL player but I'd much prefer his interpretation of film than Emmitt Smith's. Same for Coughlin over Siragusa. And Chip Kelly over Michael Irvin. And Vince Lombardi over Mike Ditka...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...manziel-1.html

Yeah. . . he really struggled throwing the ball at A&M.
    I'm not sure if this is a serious rebuttal. I didn't say he couldn't complete a pass. What I did say is that he never really displayed the ability to work through his progressions consistently at the college level. He was, more often than not, a first-look-second-look-run player. Those stats don't disprove this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    If this were evident, other teams would respect and fear him. But they don't. They just don't. Landry Jones who I wanted in that draft class is far and above a better qb and it shows.
    Bullshit. Landry Jones is OK but he's not a better QB than Manziel.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if this is a serious rebuttal. I didn't say he couldn't complete a pass. What I did say is that he never really displayed the ability to work through his progressions consistently at the college level. He was, more often than not, a first-look-second-look-run player. Those stats don't disprove this.
    There's some truth in that. But believe it or not, human beings can learn things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    He looked damn good in the pocket at the game I saw. And was excellent in the pocket at A&M. And has given the staff plenty to build on, shown a lot of special talent.

This is basically a lot of bullshit here trying to support something the entire world knows is insane (I hear about it every single day from both Americans and Canadians). It's nuts. We have to own that. Pettine hates Manziel, never wanted him, and isn't trying to develop him at all.
    I saw some of every game Manziel played and he did improve markedly in the pocket from his first to second year. But he wasn't perfect, either. Manziel does have some talent, though. We have too many analysts out there with a personal anti-Johnny agenda and don't look at all this objectively.

Post Thanks / Like

College football is a different game. But look at those stats and you'll see he was much more of a "pocket passer" in his second year than he was in his first.

He had two of the best PASSING years in SEC history.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post

Laundry Jones is a POS
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    Laundry Jones is a POS
    once he put on the black and piss colors.....pos lol
    just beat it

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that thinks Landry Jones is a good QB , needs to have theyre head examined
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

JFF gets another chance, gets start against a relatively soft squeeler secondary. see what happens.