Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread Week 10 : Browns @ Steelers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gameday Thread Week 10 : Browns @ Steelers

No Bell, No Roethlissberger, no Vick.

We can win this game. This can be a start to our run. Steelers have a brutal 4 game schedule coming up and if we can beat them this week it could put a huge damper on their wildcard expectations.

Meanwhile we could ride this positive win and sweep the Ravens, then split with the Bengals and then take down the Gabbert led 49ers.

We would be 6-7 and in the hunt for a wildcard. We just need the Jets and Bills to stumble a bit. Sure, the week 15 game against the Seahawks will be tough but we are rolling with a 4 game win streak and have 2 possible wins that follow. 9-7 could realistically get a playoff berth.

Who would want to play a team on a 7 game winning streak in the playoffs? Not me, that's who. Or, not who. Whichever makes sense when you read this.

Lets get this thing started. Why not us? Why not now?

Get your popcorn and soda ready, I'm doing something I have never done before. I am guaranteeing a win. In fact, I am guaranteeing a 4 game win streak to give us a chance to salvage our season. It's on boys.

Joking aside, We do play the Steelers this week and we will see more of Johnny.

Discuss...

2012 Barking Hard Pick'em Champion!

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

The Browns will find a way to lose in Embarrasing fashion today , ensuring both Manziel and pettines ouster from this team.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

PLAYOFF'S??
    PLAYOFF'S??
    LMAO

Post Thanks / Like

Johnny is going to smash it today! Player of the week numbers

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's going to be a low scoring game.

The fucking steelers are going to run it down our throats.

But I expect a big effort today by the defense.

JFF throws two, gets picked once.

17-14 Browns

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but feel like Johnny's career (at least in Cleveland) is riding on this game. If he doesn't play well, we have the bye week and then Josh will be back to finish out the year. Could be the last time we see Johnny play for the Browns. That's the sad reality. Let's hope he plays well and the Browns get a big win against the Steelers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1dawgfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PLAYOFF'S??
    PLAYOFF'S??
    LMAO
    LOL! Thanks for this to start the day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    I can't help but feel like Johnny's career (at least in Cleveland) is riding on this game. If he doesn't play well, we have the bye week and then Josh will be back to finish out the year. Could be the last time we see Johnny play for the Browns. That's the sad reality. Let's hope he plays well and the Browns get a big win against the Steelers!
    No, Manziel's career is not riding on this game. Would a general's career be riding on how well he did if all his soldier's only had rifles and they were going up against a division of tanks? I don't think so.

Manziel's career will continue next year under the tutelage of a new regime where we will all pray to god the GM and head coach understand that, beyond the QB position, you need good skill players at other positions on offense to win! If they hire another Pettine/Crennel/Mangini thinking type, then it's a couple more years of doom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Manziel's career will continue next year under the tutelage of a new regime where we will all pray to god the GM and head coach understand that, beyond the QB position, you need good skill players at other positions on offense to win! If they hire another Pettine/Crennel/Mangini thinking type, then it's a couple more years of doom.
    I'm not convinced that there is going to be a new regime next season. And if there is I'm CERTAINLY not convinced that Johnny is going to be their guy. Look, I am not saying Johnny has had a fair shot. I'm just saying if he doesn't perform today it is ENTIRELY possible that Josh finishes the season and that Johnny is gone in the offseason, regardless of the front office we have here.

Post Thanks / Like

I do think this game is key for Manziel and Pettine. I'll leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope everyone who's panning Pettine and anything/anyone else that could be viewed through the slightest lens as "hindering Manziel" ends up being right about Manziel.

Wouldn't we look absolutely fucking stupid if we run Pettine out of town for not playing Manziel if Manziel ends up sucking as a QB.

I can't wait to read the "it was worth it so we, the fans, could see with our own eyes" bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like

Pettine's FU to management continues: Both Bowe and Gilbert are healthy scratches. Will Burge is stunned that Gilbert isn't playing specials, returning kicks, thinks "this is on Pettine."

He's coming off as a coach who makes things too personal, as that "source" told Adkins. He's damn near firing himself. In a bizarre twist of irony, Manziel might be the one guy who can save his job: Pettine has to start him the last 7 games, Manziel has to look promising, and the two have to patch up their relationship pretty publicly.

Can't see how anything else keeps Pettine in Cleveland. If he goes back to a 40-year-old bridge starter and the Browns finish 4-12, he's toast. He might not make it through the season and Flip steps up.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel can look promising if he can drive the ball down the field and put some damn points on the board. I don't care if he barely completes half of his passes, put some points on the board, move the offense. It doesn't matter if he 'makes it through his progressions' or not, unless he's leaving plays on the field by trying to act too quickly. A win over Pukesburgh will do a lot to elevate him in the eyes of skeptical fans, but I think those who have their minds made up on Johnny are firmly entrenched...
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

That post above is the truth

Post Thanks / Like

Or Shep, maybe he's just right about the personnel. I don't know which is worse for us: Adkins conspiracy theory from his one "source" or a coach who's right about his roster.

Either we have some players who may be better than they've shown or we don't have the talent we though we may have.

If we fire Pettine we better be damn sure that Gilbert is really good and Bowe isn't washed up; to use your examples. Otherwise, we're in for another 2 year roster turnover, philosophy change with an incredibly low likelihood of winning during that period (history being a decent guide there).

Gilbert hasn't shown shit to indicate he's anything other than a bust so far. Bowe's a mystery. Meanwhile, Pettine's played guys like Kirksey, Shelton, Williams, Crow, Gabriel, and a number of other very young players a ton over his first year and a half as head coach.

I don't know which answer is the right one; neither seems anything to get excited about.

OconRecon is online now #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszlerweiler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm struggling to see a way Pett ends this season in a hopeful way.

---------------

Official:

Last edited by OconRecon; 11-15-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Man defense halfway looked good

Wayyyy too far off on 3 13

Oneils defense plays wayyy too far off all the time. Gives up 500 yarda weekly

Post Thanks / Like

Cant imagine worst start then a fumble by manziel

Then...... Boom!!!
    Big play

Manziel is big play

Post Thanks / Like

He goes from sublime to ridiculous and back again play after play, but the upside is there. It's just how often we get to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boatdrinks View Post
    He goes from sublime to ridiculous and back again play after play, but the upside is there. It's just how often we get to see it.
    But as we're already seeing, with this woeful receiving corps that includes Hawkins, Gabriel and Hartline don't expect much in the way of receivers getting open. Browns need a big, fast athletic receiving playmaker who is also a force in the red zone. Bryant already making an impact for the Steelers, a guy we could have gotten in the 4th round. And Bud Dupree, who I had at #19 on my Option #2 draft list for the Browns last spring is looking good. Steelers not great at drafting but they do seem to find impact players a lot more than Cleveland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    Cant imagine worst start then a fumble by manziel

Then...... Boom!!!
    Big play

Manziel is big play
    Manziel can function OK if you give the kid some help. He gets very little help from his fellow offensive players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boatdrinks View Post
    DB Charles Gaines comes in for the first time and makes an impact play on practically his first NFL action. As I have said since last spring, the kid is going to be a good one over time. As usual, Pettine slow to get that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    I'm struggling to see a way Pett ends this season in a hopeful way.
    This is assuming Manziel doesn't give Pettine a heart attack between now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

WHY does this stupid team always run wide when it's backed up inside the 20? Did the same thing against the Bengals and got crushed, just like today. Dumb play calling, DeFlip, when back this far you run the RB up the gut instead of risking a loss deep in your own territory!