Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread Week 10 : Browns @ Steelers

Post Thanks / Like

Gaines needs to play...desir needs cut

Desir dont have the speed to play. So either switch to safety or cut.

I like desir too but just not enough speed

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson clobbered on a run on a blitz, partly because midget WR Hawkins couldn't get there to block the blitzer or slow him down. Another reason to have bigger receivers!

The Steeler's like other teams, do not fear the Browns receiving corps so they have a lot of one-on-one coverage freeing up others for blitzes which kill the Browns every week.

I hope Ray Farmer rots in hell for his bizarre, backward clownish attitude toward good receivers!

Post Thanks / Like

Our team literally looks inferior

Our coaching literally is inferior.
    Penalties on third down for first downs

We have them in 3rd and 15 and let them convert bc we 15 yards off ball

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Fourth round pick Bryant -- ripe for the Browns' picking in round 4 -- already well over 100 yards receiving, but don't tell Farmer, Pettine and a couple of posters on this board that big, fast, athletic receivers mean much in a game! Let's keep siginng those midget and UDFA receivers!

Can someone fire Ray Farmer now!
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-15-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter who is the coach, we see the same thing with every Browns defense, as well as teams scoring on the Browns late in the first half, because the defense wears down when the offense can't move the ball. Gotta love the Browns' run game -- (-1) yard so far! But don't blame Joe Thomas for any of that, absolutely not!

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't feel like it matters if we get the top pick in the draft or not. The whole thing is just bad.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Upcoming: O&B Scrimmage 8/4, Preseason 8/10

Post Thanks / Like

You know Pettine will blame 13-17 for 162 yards no INT Manziel for the first half problems! Never mind Crowell is negative rushing on nine carries!

Post Thanks / Like

This is about pride now.

I reiterate WR Treadwell and RB Henry in rounds one and two for obvious reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

The Browns are simply the worse team in the NFL. Farmer is a horrible GM and Pettine is a bad HC.

Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I am simply trying to get MKC to join Grossi in blocking me on Twitter. It's the only entertainment I can find in this team.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count: 85 Browns, 165 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 298 total.

Post Thanks / Like

shitshow of a franchise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    This is about pride now.

I reiterate WR Treadwell and RB Henry in rounds one and two for obvious reasons.
    NO Treadwell, not good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedPagel View Post
    At this point, I am simply trying to get MKC to join Grossi in blocking me on Twitter. It's the only entertainment I can find in this team.
    What's blocking? I follow the Browns and never see it on the offensive line!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    The Browns are simply the worse team in the NFL. Farmer is a horrible GM and Pettine is a bad HC.
    Detroit leading Green Bay with less than 2 minutes to go. Tampa Bay won today, too. Browns nicely positioning themselves for the top pick!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so the kid can play a bit... Only in a perfectly horrible world would he be disciplined Monday morning for his speeding ticket.

MKC, you need to go to rehab - mental rehab - for your B.S. article about Manziel. Coach Gruden, you were SO correct. This is/was a painful growth cycle for Manziel. Let's see where this goes...

AO, Treadwell is tough...which this offense needs. You're a WR guru, so who's your guy next to Gordon??

Post Thanks / Like

Dismal defeat doesn't dim Johnny Manziel's day

PITTSBURGH -- For the Cleveland Browns, it was as bad as the 30-9 final score indicated.

For Johnny Manziel, it was life.

Manziel was far more prepared and poised than he’s been at any time in his one-plus seasons in Cleveland. He did everything he was criticized for not doing in the loss to Cincinnati.

Johnny Manziel threw for 372 yards and one touchdown. Gregory Shamus/Getty Images

He stood in the pocket and made throws. He took what was there. He did not scramble too fast or too often. And when plays from the pocket were not there, Manziel was able to occasionally avoid the rush and make a play.

Manziel finished with 372 yards passing and one touchdown -- with another dropped at the goal line. His rating: 95.8.

This was the kind of game that Manziel can build on, the kind of game the Browns can use to gain confidence in him.

As for the team ... the 2-8 record is earned.

What were they thinking? Nothing summed up this Browns loss more than one late third-quarter possession that leaked into the fourth quarter. Manziel had thrown the Browns down the field, then escaped a near sack and scampered to the 1-foot line for a first-and-goal. On first down with Pittsburgh leading 24-3, Isaiah Crowell scored, but a holding penalty on Cam Erving negated the TD. That play started the football follies. The Browns followed the hold with an illegal formation, a sack, two short completions and a fourth-down interception as Manziel tried to make something happen on a last-gasp play. It wouldn’t have mattered even had the pass not been intercepted because the Browns were flagged for holding on the play. A first-and-goal from inside the 1-yard-line turned into an embarrassing possession in an embarrassing loss.

One reason to be concerned: There were so many reasons in this game, especially defensively. That side of the ball again was overwhelmed and contributed to its own issues. The Browns' secondary was flagged four times for interference penalties; all gave the Steelers gains of at least 29 yards. In total, the interference penalties gave Pittsburgh 141 yards -- on top of the 379 from Ben Roethlisberger.

Streak of emptiness: The Browns lost their 12th game in a row in Heinz Field. They have not won in Pittsburgh since 2003.

On the sideline: The Browns started the game with an inactive list of people expected to be major contributors to the team all season. Cornerback Justin Gilbert, the eighth overall pick of the 2014 draft, was a healthy scratch. Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, he of the much-publicized lucrative contract, was also inactive. Cornerback Joe Haden and safety Donte Whitner were out with concussions. And quarterback Josh McCown was sidelined with a rib injury. That’s the core of a team watching instead of playing.

Ouch: Defensive tackle Randy Starks left the game in the first half with a knee injury and did not return. Wide receiver Andrew Hawkins left in the fourth quarter with a concussion; he had missed the previous game with a concussion.

What’s next: The Browns have their bye week before returning for a Monday night game against Baltimore.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-br...y-manziels-day
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post

Yeah, but the bad run game is all Manziel's fault because Joe Thomas played a great game!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    Okay, so the kid can play a bit... Only in a perfectly horrible world would he be disciplined Monday morning for his speeding ticket.

MKC, you need to go to rehab - mental rehab - for your B.S. article about Manziel. Coach Gruden, you were SO correct. This is/was a painful growth cycle for Manziel. Let's see where this goes...

AO, Treadwell is tough...which this offense needs. You're a WR guru, so who's your guy next to Gordon??
    Treadwell is OK but I wouldn't waste a first round pick on him. So far I don't see any gold star receivers coming out in the draft, even though I gave the Okla. St. kid a close look last night.

Also, watched some of the Memphis game ,but I just am not on the Paxton Lynch bandwagon.

But I won't really get to it until the bowl season and the all star games and combine.

Post Thanks / Like

This team is sooo undisciplined. We dont block. We have horrible penalties at wrong times. Coach never shows any emotion good or bad. He gone....100percent.

Manziel is our qb rest of season. He needs to run more. He knows he aint allowed bc of mike hs coach pettine. Manziel will be benched for making 30 yard scrambles.

We get gordon back. Joey bosa should be our #1 pick. Michael thomas our 2nd rounder. Braxton miller our 3rd rounder.

This team with more discipline,manziel in year 2 of flips offense...and the dedicated qb. We will be explosive on offense.

No huddle....
    Ezekiel elliot is the rb i really want but gonna be hard unless we trade down and I want bosa because we will never be able to get talent like that on D ever again. He will be HOF.

Post Thanks / Like

As many of us have been saying all year, the QB position has been the least of our problems.

Does anyone NOT have a sense that Pittsburgh could have scored 70 today if they wanted to?

The defensive backfield was decimated, however, and that makes it tough to get a good read if we're being honest. The lack of pressure from a four man rush continues to be a challenge; further supporting the notion we need an impact player there.

Post Thanks / Like

We get gordon back. Joey bosa should be our #1 pick. Michael thomas our 2nd rounder. Braxton miller our 3rd rounder.
    So basically what you are saying is we should blow every draft on sorry ass piece of shit Suckeye players....

Mods, if you're going to move my shit calling this guy.then move his as well. He never responds to anyone and just spams every fucking thread with his Suckeye homer bullshit. No discussion, no logic and no intelligence. I am guessing the poster is just some 13 year old Ohio State fanboy because he definitely knows squat about the NFL.

Post Thanks / Like

#BailForBosa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twizbuck View Post
    #BailForBosa
    #FuckJoeyBosa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    So basically what you are saying is we should blow every draft on sorry ass piece of shit Suckeye players....

Mods, if you're going to move my shit calling this guy.then move his as well. He never responds to anyone and just spams every fucking thread with his Suckeye homer bullshit. No discussion, no logic and no intelligence. I am guessing the poster is just some 13 year old Ohio State fanboy because he definitely knows squat about the NFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    #FuckJoeyBosa.
    Best player in the draft, Wolvie. Badger? Sparty? Whatever.

#BailForBosa