View Poll Results: Did Johnny Manziel do enough today to earn his starting spot NEXT YEAR and for us NOT to draft a QB

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • Yes

63 60.58%
  • No

41 39.42%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Manziel 33/45 73% comp 372 yds passing 17 yds rushing 1 PATD 1 INT - The beginning of the future?

Post Thanks / Like

McCown needs to be named "quarterback czar" for the next 3/4 years until we have our long term qb.

A position to mentor the quarterbacks on and off the field (outside of the coaching staff and FO). Give reports to the front office and to the coaching staff. Should report only to haslam.

Post Thanks / Like

BPP,

Remember not to take tramadol pain meds with your antidepressants during this rough time for you.

Post Thanks / Like

And ftr re: BDU...

I did my best to bring him back.
    Yea, I did say I wouldn't post until he did...

He did accept my apology so I felt it would be ok to post.

It was a sincere apology.
    I like the kid and wish he was on this board right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCown needs to be named "quarterback czar" for the next 3/4 years until we have our long term qb.

A position to mentor the quarterbacks on and off the field (outside of the coaching staff and FO). Give reports to the front office and to the coaching staff. Should report only to haslam.
    I would be happy is he was just the backup quarterback.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

So far Johnny has been a model of inconsistency. I voted no. Sorry guys, I just don't think JFF has what it takes to be a winner in this league. In the end it's all about winning. And so far this team is not doing it with him. Now can this be directly linked to poor choices made by Farmer on personnel and by Pettine who is growing increasingly bad by the week?
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately View Post
    So far Johnny has been a model of inconsistency. I voted no. Sorry guys, I just don't think JFF has what it takes to be a winner in this league. In the end it's all about winning. And so far this team is not doing it with him. Now can this be directly linked to poor choices made by Farmer on personnel and by Pettine who is growing increasingly bad by the week?
    He's 1-1 this year with fuck all preparation all things considered.

the starter (McCown) - 1-7 much more prepared.

Kinda jumping the gun with the point you're making here.

2012 Barking Hard Pick'em Champion!

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't disagree more. Keep the QB group together in 2016 but McCown is too old and fragile now to depend on as a starter and should be a back up. Love Davis too. .

Post Thanks / Like

Should report only to haslam.
    Moronic. You obviously have no idea, whatsoever, about leadership. None.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I did say I wouldn't post until he did...

He did accept my apology so I felt it would be ok to post.
    You really should not have adjudicated this yourself. You should have asked for the unbiased view of a 3rd party such as myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody ever does enough in one game to earn a job unconditionally for the next year. I will say that the continued growth from the beginning of this off-season until now is promising, and if he can at least maintain some level of continued growth that he SHOULD be the starter.

With that said, I would have to see who is available in the 2nd round and compare them with Davis to see if we draft or stay with Davis as the backup.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    You really should not have adjudicated this yourself. You should have asked for the unbiased view of a 3rd party such as myself.
    You sure know how to troll. Best I ever saw. Great job. Love it!
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel when asked about his teammates view of him:
    "I get a good sense of they have my back and I have theirs and they see a different look in my eye this year,'' he said. "Obviously I've learned a lot about myself, I've learned a lot about football this year and I think I got a chance to go out on Sunday and show the next step in my progression and where I want to try and continue to be and play at this level."
    Manziel on the Moats hit:
    "Its all part of the game. Its funny. Benji was really pissed after that play and was going to take on Moats. People don't realize it, but Travis is probably the biggest badass on our team." he said. "I told him immediately after the play, "I'm good. Let's play ball.". Still, I gotta tell you, it felt great to know our toughest guy was willing to scrap for me. I know he'd do the same for our big teddy bears up front. Hell, Alex and Joe had tears in their eyes. They were that moved by it all."

Post Thanks / Like

"Its all part of the game. Its funny. Benji was really pissed after that play and was going to take on Moats. People don't realize it, but Travis is probably the biggest badass on our team." he said. "I told him immediately after the play, "I'm good. Let's play ball.". Still, I gotta tell you, it felt great to know our toughest guy was willing to scrap for me. I know he'd do the same for our big teddy bears up front. Hell, Alex and Joe had tears in their eyes. They were that moved by it all."
    This made me laugh ! I can see the smallest guy on the team being a badass

edit to say I REALLY like The Rabbit!
    Last edited by OzDawg; 11-17-2015 at 05:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel when asked about his teammates view of him:
    "I get a good sense of they have my back and I have theirs and they see a different look in my eye this year,'' he said. "Obviously I've learned a lot about myself, I've learned a lot about football this year and I think I got a chance to go out on Sunday and show the next step in my progression and where I want to try and continue to be and play at this level."

You gotta love this

Post Thanks / Like

This team wants Johnny to be the man....they like him. Thomas maybe not bc he wanted win this year, but manziel was oyr ONLY. SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS.
    I SAID THAT IN PRESEASON. HE HAD THE ELBOW SORENESS.

IM GLAD WE HAVENT SEEN THAT COME BACK TO BE REAL ISSUE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manzielthetruth View Post
    This team wants Johnny to be the man....they like him. Thomas maybe not bc he wanted win this year, but manziel was oyr ONLY. SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS.
    I SAID THAT IN PRESEASON. HE HAD THE ELBOW SORENESS.

IM GLAD WE HAVENT SEEN THAT COME BACK TO BE REAL ISSUE.
    That's a real important point re Johnny that most of us forgot about!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OzDawg View Post
    This made me laugh ! I can see the smallest guy on the team being a badass

edit to say I REALLY like The Rabbit!
    Nooo. Benjamin is FAR from being the smallest guy on the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Greythan at War: Volume 823, 819.

Post Thanks / Like

Moronic. You obviously have no idea, whatsoever, about leadership. None.
    I only have a degree in leadership comm and have led men in combat.

please, define leadership for me.

If you truly want to learn, I don't mind teaching a bit.

As far as the qb czar...

that is actual leadership, not just lazy beuracratic control most people think is leadership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    With that said, I would have to see who is available in the 2nd round and compare them with Davis to see if we draft or stay with Davis as the backup.
    Surely McCown will be the back up next season.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for mccown as the backup next year.

Maybe that was missed in my post...

My main point was I want him in the organization long term.

Post Thanks / Like

Mccown would be great backup to finish johnny rookie deal out two more years.

If johnny hurt.....mccown plays.
    Mccown works witH MANZIEL and gets paid for it. He will be tutor rest of his career to manziel

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the qb czar...

that is actual leadership, not just lazy beuracratic control most people think is leadership.
    if you have indeed served our country I salute you.
    was head trauma incurred during service?(question asked due to your posting style)

Regardless. I thank. My wife thanks you. My six boys thank you.

And as far as running BDU off I call bullshit... you didn't run anyone off. He as others do get light headed with passion and do a little 'rehab' then return.

What is Manzeils destiny????
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Well, fuck you too.

Thanks, You're welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the qb czar...

Man, you are a conundrum. So, you just toss out there a military career and a casual "led men in combat" thing while up to now railing against authority of any kind and de-emphasizing any sort of personal accountability on behalf of Manziel from the start.

If the military service is for real, I'll echo a strong "thank you". My old man served in the Navy, but I never served myself.

All that said, I have plenty of private sector leadership experience as well. NFL franchise management, especially player management, is its own bird.

That said, proposing a special QB manager who's reporting line bypasses the QB coach, OC, and head coach ultimately reporting directly to the team owner remains a completely outlandish and failed-from-the-start proposition. You proposed it so let's see the leadership comm skills in explaining how that chain of command would drive trust, cooperation, leadership chain accountability, and delegation efficiency. I'll wait for my lesson.