Thread: Did You Know? Offensive Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did You Know? Offensive Line

Did you know that the Browns offensive line now leads the entire NFL in QB hits (73) and sacks (36)?

And we were 30th in run blocking going in to Sunday and maybe last now.

That's a disgrace!

How do you go so quickly from an OL receiving rave reviews (Last September and October) to this debacle?????

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the old O line coach was a personal mess, but a heck of a O line coach, and that's why he was kept around until he just couldn't be kept around.

Maybe that's the explanation.
    Last edited by OconRecon; 11-16-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Upcoming: O&B Scrimmage 8/4, Preseason 8/10

Post Thanks / Like

So obtuse.

Manziel's young and doing what young QB's do: holding on to the football too long and not yet adept at adjusting to obvious defensive pressure packages (i.e., getting the ball out to the hot). McCown's also shown a strong penchant for holding on to the football. QB hits and sacks are linked to QB play as everyone knows. This point has to be mentioned unless your sole objective is to discredit Joe Thomas.

Now, is our OL passing the proverbial "eye test"? Not in the running game for sure. Passing game is probably mixed.

I also think Flip and his staff have to be factored in here. We weren't great at running the ball last year but we weren't this bad. I think the scheme and the aforementioned loss of the OL coach likely factor in.

Again, you can simply jump up and down on the table screaming "Joe Thomas is overrated!" or you can try to take a broader look taking into account the relatively high grades many of our OL are receiving and the fact that many of these guys have played at a very high level in years past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So obtuse.

Manziel's young and doing what young QB's do: holding on to the football too long and not yet adept at adjusting to obvious defensive pressure packages (i.e., getting the ball out to the hot). McCown's also shown a strong penchant for holding on to the football. QB hits and sacks are linked to QB play as everyone knows. This point has to be mentioned unless your sole objective is to discredit Joe Thomas.

Now, is our OL passing the proverbial "eye test"? Not in the running game for sure. Passing game is probably mixed.

I also think Flip and his staff have to be factored in here. We weren't great at running the ball last year but we weren't this bad. I think the scheme and the aforementioned loss of the OL coach likely factor in.

Again, you can simply jump up and down on the table screaming "Joe Thomas is overrated!" or you can try to take a broader look taking into account the relatively high grades many of our OL are receiving and the fact that many of these guys have played at a very high level in years past.
    Browns OL lowly rated when McCown wes in there. Little difference.

Thomas is a lousy run blocker, that's why we don't run behind him more.

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So obtuse.
    Ha

2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Upcoming: O&B Scrimmage 8/4, Preseason 8/10