Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Browns Players Vs. Browns Coaches .. Do we have a mutiny?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're known for your inaccuracies and now something new for me to correct ... Bridgewater didn't talk about not wanting to play in Cleveland until after the NFL draft, around May 12. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...eveland-browns

I give Bridgewater a lot of credit for his good judgment! Farmer and Pettine are clueless about offense -- and Teddy clearly saw that -- and Bridgewater's Vikings are 7-2, instead of playing with a team that is 2-8 and is devoid of playmakers.
    That is when he talked TO THE MEDIA. He told his agent BEFORE that...so he would communicate it to the Browns. Nice try.

As for his good judgement...he had no idea about Farmer or Pettine as neither had ever done their jobs before...and Minni was in the middle of a makeover as well. Truth is, he was going off of very little other than being another prima-donna like Eli Manning trying to manipulate where he landed.
    Last edited by DawgFan; 11-21-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Just stop taking the bait Dawg. You know where it leads. Keep providing your takes and doing your usual yeoman's work of giving us different viewpoints. Its valued.

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    That is when he talked TO THE MEDIA. He told his agent BEFORE that...so he would communicate it to the Browns. Nice try.

As for his good judgement...he had no idea about Farmer or Pettine as neither had ever done their jobs before...and Minni was in the middle of a makeover as well. Truth is, he was going off of very little other than being another prima-donna like Eli Manning trying to manipulate where he landed.

In light of Eli.. Is/Was Elway a Prima Donna too?.. I mean.. He clearly stated he did not want to play for Bob Irsay.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    In light of Eli.. Is/Was Elway a Prima Donna too?.. I mean.. He clearly stated he did not want to play for Bob Irsay.
    Yes...he was. I personally don't like this whole "don't draft me' stuff. It undermines the process intended to make an even playing field. With that said...it is their right to look out for their future...it just rubs me wrong I guess.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Your opinion. If I was Bridgewater and understood the importance of having good players at the skill positions and listened and saw that Farmer and Pettine didn't value that, I'd be turned off, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Your opinion. If I was Bridgewater and understood the importance of having good players at the skill positions and listened and saw that Farmer and Pettine didn't value that, I'd be turned off, too.
    What I don't get is the love affair with a QB that plays for another team...but also a guy that spurned YOUR team. I personally wouldn't give two shits about him...and don't. Except to point out that once again...when he didn't have his running game, he became utterly average.

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't get is the love affair with a QB that plays for another team...but also a guy that spurned YOUR team. I personally wouldn't give two shits about him...and don't. Except to point out that once again...when he didn't have his running game, he became utterly average.

I'm just defending the guy ... he's a talented young QB with a nice future in the NFL, contrary to some of the opinions expressed here. I truly marvel at some of the talent assessments on this board.

Bridgewater would be more successful if they provided him with some offensive linemen who can pass block! Same with Manziel, who may also have a promising future inf he can stay somewhat healthy. I hope the net GM surrounds Manziel with a better supporting cast in order to extend his potential and the team's potential on offense.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...he was. I personally don't like this whole "don't draft me' stuff. It undermines the process intended to make an even playing field. With that said...it is their right to look out for their future...it just rubs me wrong I guess.
    In fairness to Elway & Eli, they were proven right. It looks like Philip Rivers will retire without sniffing a championship in San Diego and the Colts never came close while Elway was in Denver. Some organizations are simply run better and have a commitment to winning. Ironically, Ernie Accorsi was the Colts GM spurned by Elway and then made it a point to trade up for Eli as GM of the Giants.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Bridgewater dink and dunk his way to 13 points yesterday just reinforced my strong sense of who he is: He's Teddy Checkdown. That's how you put up high completion percentage and stay safe with the ball yet don't have an "explosive offense."

You watch Minnesota, with the league's top rusher and one of the league's best defenses but a so-so QB, and it seems like they've been here before. Because they have.

Back on topic: Some sources have come out and said Pettine makes personnel issues "too personal." That's from Adkins. He sometimes starts his favorite "guy" instead of the right player. He has a type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    He has a type.
    So does Belicheck...the difference is the winning. Nobody would care about 'type' if the Browns were 6-4 or better right now.

With that said...it does seem like he lets players EARN their way into his good graces. Manziel seems to have done it. K Will did it. Desir earned himself starting time.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Bridgewater dink and dunk his way to 13 points yesterday just reinforced my strong sense of who he is: He's Teddy Checkdown. That's how you put up high completion percentage and stay safe with the ball yet don't have an "explosive offense."

You watch Minnesota, with the league's top rusher and one of the league's best defenses but a so-so QB, and it seems like they've been here before. Because they have.

Back on topic: Some sources have come out and said Pettine makes personnel issues "too personal." That's from Adkins. He sometimes starts his favorite "guy" instead of the right player. He has a type.
    Couldn't disagree more. The problem with the Vikings yesterday had nothing to do with Bridgewater. No INTs in 37 pass attempts and 296 yards is pretty good for a young QB.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just defending the guy ... he's a talented young QB with a nice future in the NFL, contrary to some of the opinions expressed here. I truly marvel at some of the talent assessments on this board.

Bridgewater would be more successful if they provided him with some offensive linemen who can pass block! Same with Manziel, who may also have a promising future inf he can stay somewhat healthy. I hope the net GM surrounds Manziel with a better supporting cast in order to extend his potential and the team's potential on offense.
    Defending against what? Nobody has attacked the guy. Nobody cares. But you have been hawking the guy from day one. Could you please get over it? It is like a broken record.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

AO has been proven to be spot on a lot this year so it's hard to question his credibility..

With that being said,... This post is pretty solid.

It's going to take much more for me to acknowledge tiny hands as a solid NFL QB.. Because of him hating the Browns as a nobody. I find it odd other Browns fans don't feel the same.

I acknowledge this isn't logical, but man... I just can't help but think glass half empty when it comes to this kid because of him dissing us.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots dislike Bridgewater for his boycott, it's the bais AO was referring to.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    I could give a good flip either way. If a player has a preference for a team, or lack thereof, it doesn't bother me in the least for him to make it known. I think it is good when a player gets to play for the team of his choice. After all, players are people too. I just don't understand the constant drumbeat in regard to Bridgewater on this forum. Why not Bortles or Mariota, both of whom will probably turn out to be better than Bridgewater? I mean, why Bridgewater?
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    AO has been proven to be spot on a lot this year so it's hard to question his credibility..

With that being said,... This post is pretty solid.

It's going to take much more for me to acknowledge tiny hands as a solid NFL QB.. Because of him hating the Browns as a nobody. I find it odd other Browns fans don't feel the same.

I acknowledge this isn't logical, but man... I just can't help but think glass half empty when it comes to this kid because of him dissing us.
    Anybody who predicts that the Browns will have problems has a very good chance of being spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    I could give a good flip either way. If a player has a preference for a team, or lack thereof, it doesn't bother me in the least for him to make it known. I think it is good when a player gets to play for the team of his choice. After all, players are people too. I just don't understand the constant drumbeat in regard to Bridgewater on this forum. Why not Bortles or Mariota, both of whom will probably turn out to be better than Bridgewater? I mean, why Bridgewater?
    ODC, I think you live in the Tulsa area, just out of curiosity, do you support OU or OSU? The school I coached at has sent a few players to OSU. I tend to lend toward the sooners, but support both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    That's a rhetorical question Cliff, as I'm sure you were aware when you posed it. A certain poster has a repetitive syndrome that drives this kind of thing. Well, until the point is proven incorrect, then it simmers down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    Let's be clear, here. If you have read my posts the past few months you will see I am quite enthusiastic about Manziel's improved play and have been calling for him to start. The kid has talent.

But to say Manziel is a much better QB than Bridgewater is absurd given the fact manziel has played so few games. The question is: Can both of these guys stay healthy given the fact their respective offensive lines are so bad! Both teams need to focus on greatly improving their pass protection.

Post Thanks / Like

But to say Manziel is a much better QB than Bridgewater
    nobody is saying that....they are saying he has a much higher ceiling. Which he does.

Stronger arm
    Bigger hands
    More mobile
    Born leader

If Manziel realizes his potential, he definitely has the higher ceiling...but he is also a step away from being a bust.

TB is a nice QB. He is steady, reliable, safe. He is Pennington 2.0, slightly better arm and mobility. With the right pieces he will have his team in contention for the playoffs every year....but I don't see the top end talent. That is what I have been saying from day one.

Manziel...he could lead the team to 3-13 one year....then the SB the next...and is far less reliant on his OL and WR's.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the problem.

The same broken logic is used for both the Gilbert and Manziel selection. The assumption is that somebody NOT named Farmer decided they wanted the player...and despite the fact that Farmer totally disagreed with the selection, he capitulated and got that player.

What is far more likely is that the Browns as a whole (Farmer and his team, Pettine, etc) had Gilbert ranked in the top 10...and Farmer knew that Pettine liked/wanted a player with his apparent skillset...so all things being equal if he could get Gilbert and a pick then Farmer went all in and got Pettine a player he liked...but was also highly ranked on the Browns draft board.

Same with Manziel. I have absolutely NO DOUBT that Haslam said "go get him" as reported. I just don't agree with the theory that it was against Farmer/Pettine's wishes. I think Manziel was likely on the Browns draft board somewhere in the low first to high second round. The team liked him better than Bridgewater and Carr...but they were likely willing to 'settle' for one of them. That is where Haslam comes in. He knows about the Vikings positioning to take him...then hears about the text...and says "go get him"...basically giving the OK to trade up to get him instead of 'settling' for one of the other two QB's. Jury is still out as to the final results...but right now it looks like it may have been a good decision (if Manziel continues to grow).

The problem is this FO is always being tied to the last 15 years of instability and dysfunction...as if it was their fault. So the obvious knee-jerk reaction is that Haslam is meddling and that Pettine forced the issue against Farmer's will to get Gilbert. FAR more likely is both players were already considered highly on the board, but Farmer made some moves to get those players in specific.

Everyone screams same old Browns...well, same old Browns fans too. Too short sighted to be patient, and then yelling and screaming about continuity when it all gets blown up again.
    And flipping it, same old Browns fans gnashing their teeth and stomping their feet to give contract extensions to shitty front offices, give them 5 or 10 years, maybe by then they will produce a winning season....

Post Thanks / Like

Bridgewater is Charlie Frye with better coaching and WR's, bottom line. He's a fucking joke so why are we even talking about him?

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    Bridgewater is Charlie Frye with better coaching and WR's, bottom line. He's a fucking joke so why are we even talking about him?

The better question is.. Why do we even care.. We're Browns fans.. not Minny fans.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    The better question is.. Why do we even care.. We're Browns fans.. not Minny fans.
    Don't ask me, cause I could give a fuck less about Teddy Shitwater. I was never high on the guy and he is showing why each week, he has about as much arm as Colty McPussy or Charlie Fry, he has an ego problem and people are only on his jock because a few of his stats look decent on paper. Watching the games though? Not a Championship caliber QB, never will be. Incredibly limited as an NFL QB. And not a Brown, like the Brady and Belicheat hero worship so no fucking idea why on a Browns forum we are going on about the Vikings average Qb.