Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 63

Thread: WR Help?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default WR Help?

    So the Seahawks waived Chris Matthewa. Is he a guy we should target? Big body, only 26...
    BROWNS 2017: BREAK OUT THE BBQ, WE'RE GRILLING RATBIRD THIS WEEK!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes cut Bowe

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the Seahawks waived Chris Matthewa. Is he a guy we should target? Big body, only 26...
    Must be a very good reason. He looked great in the Super Bowl.

    Took a close look today at Doctson, receiver at TCU. Looks like a guy we all should take a close at re the 2016 draft. He's got great hands and is exceptional in the red zone. Just what Browns need!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Doctson tcu
    Sterling shepard ou
    Michael thomas tosu
    Braxton miller tosu
    Pharoah cooper south c
    Dural Lsu


    All guys im interested in and believe in. I have seen all play.....and if we can get bosa we need him.

    Gordon back is gonna be night and day difference for manziel. Manziel and gordon are best friends....hes 6'4"" and fast as anybody.....manziel can throw ball 60 no problem so....gordon will have someone to throw to.....since Weedon and Campbell helped him lead NFL n yards

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im with everyone else....cut Bowe.


    I want Lenz. I LOVED HIS CHEMISTRY AND ENERGY HIM AND MANZIEL HAD TOGETHER.
    He may not be greatest.....byt he was quick....got open.....CAUGHT FUCKIN EVERYTHING....HAD TOUCHDOWNS AND COULD BLOCK.

    he was our best wr in camp and preseason.....by widest of magrins.

    Can he do it with #1 cb or safety on him...maybe not. But next year.....with benji....gordon....lenz...braxton miller and sterling shepard along with pharoah cooper.


    Id draft wr 2nd round 3rd round and fourth round.


    Trade back into first to get ezekiel elliot if can by anyway....but NOT TRADE FUCKIN BACK!!!!! We need BOSA 97!!!


    Fire pett
    Fire oneil

    Cut
    bowe
    Whitner
    Des bryant
    Randy starks
    Either Mingo or a bryant gone 2016

    Hawkins gabriel bademosi marlon moore justin gilbert if he cant play for real.


    Id like to fire pettine and oniel now

    Promote deflippio
    And hire rob ryan


    To finish

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Josh lenz baby!

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Ok.
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the Seahawks waived Chris Matthewa. Is he a guy we should target? Big body, only 26...
    We already tried a reject from Seattle, remember Turbin!
    Last edited by Gambler; 11-18-2015 at 04:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must be a very good reason. He looked great in the Super Bowl.

    Took a close look today at Doctson, receiver at TCU. Looks like a guy we all should take a close at re the 2016 draft. He's got great hands and is exceptional in the red zone. Just what Browns need!
    but it's been stated that we missed the boat in the last 2 years of drafting as far as wide receivers go and there is no talent in the 2016 pool
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Corey Coleman of Baylor is worth a look. Would be a nice pair with Gordon if he sticks around. WV head coach gave him good reviews in Big 12. 4.3 - 4.4 speed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manzielthetruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im with everyone else....cut Bowe.


    I want Lenz. I LOVED HIS CHEMISTRY AND ENERGY HIM AND MANZIEL HAD TOGETHER.
    He may not be greatest.....byt he was quick....got open.....CAUGHT FUCKIN EVERYTHING....HAD TOUCHDOWNS AND COULD BLOCK.

    he was our best wr in camp and preseason.....by widest of magrins.

    Can he do it with #1 cb or safety on him...maybe not. But next year.....with benji....gordon....lenz...braxton miller and sterling shepard along with pharoah cooper.


    Id draft wr 2nd round 3rd round and fourth round.


    Trade back into first to get ezekiel elliot if can by anyway....but NOT TRADE FUCKIN BACK!!!!! We need BOSA 97!!!


    Fire pett
    Fire oneil

    Cut
    bowe
    Whitner
    Des bryant
    Randy starks
    Either Mingo or a bryant gone 2016

    Hawkins gabriel bademosi marlon moore justin gilbert if he cant play for real.


    Id like to fire pettine and oniel now

    Promote deflippio
    And hire rob ryan


    To finish
    Yeah, Taylor Gabriel looks great in training camps, too. Must be a reasons Lenz didn't catch on with other teams, same with Pryor.

    I just hope all you posters getting your hopes up re Gordon in 2016 won't be crushed when he falls off the program again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but it's been stated that we missed the boat in the last 2 years of drafting as far as wide receivers go and there is no talent in the 2016 pool
    Some talent, but it's all relative. This receiver class is a Chevy Cobalt to the 2014 class's Lexus. Most GMs with an IQ over 50 would have figured: "Hmmm, 2014 best receiver class in history .... we need a receiver ... let's take one in the first three rounds." Most teams with a WR need did exactly like ... except for the dysfunctional Browns!

    As Jon Gruden noted the other week: Our midget receivers aren't the answer for the Browns' passing game.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-19-2015 at 07:20 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's some WR talent next year but not the type of recent years. It doesn't mean you don't draft any, just looks like there are no difference maker types so if the Browns have the chance to get that type player at another position they have to take them instead with their top pick.

    I've seen Treadwell ranked as the highest rated WR in the next draft (for now) but then he's been described him as Dez Bryant like but not that good. That is not worth a top 5 pick. Believe me, I'm sick of our top 1st round picks going to defense (Gilbert 2014, Shelton 2015), especially with the skill positions so lacking on offense.

    This is why I would look to free agency first to try and pick up a youngish, proven veteran WR (guys finishing their rookie contract, mid 20s age). I don't count on anything from Gordon until he makes it onto the field again. Then add another in the 2016 draft but not reach with their first pick. This is all assuming they continue to lose and have a top 5 pick.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As much as I want an impact receiver I'm with you on the not forcing the issue thing. What we need to do is draft the most surefire impact player with any/all first round picks. We can't keep missing or even getting "incompletes". Gotta hit with those picks.

  14. #14
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    5,532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Taylor Gabriel looks great in training camps, too. Must be a reasons Lenz didn't catch on with other teams, same with Pryor.

    I just hope all you posters getting your hopes up re Gordon in 2016 won't be crushed when he falls off the program again.
    And when he scores his first TD .. You'll be right there to blow him...
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's some WR talent next year but not the type of recent years. It doesn't mean you don't draft any, just looks like there are no difference maker types so if the Browns have the chance to get that type player at another position they have to take them instead with their top pick.

    I've seen Treadwell ranked as the highest rated WR in the next draft (for now) but then he's been described him as Dez Bryant like but not that good. That is not worth a top 5 pick. Believe me, I'm sick of our top 1st round picks going to defense (Gilbert 2014, Shelton 2015), especially with the skill positions so lacking on offense.

    This is why I would look to free agency first to try and pick up a youngish, proven veteran WR (guys finishing their rookie contract, mid 20s age). I don't count on anything from Gordon until he makes it onto the field again. Then add another in the 2016 draft but not reach with their first pick. This is all assuming they continue to lose and have a top 5 pick.
    Big SEC fan and have seen Treadwell play a lot but he's not a first round pick in my opinion. I think Doctson and Shepard are both better and that's without detailed study of the position yet for this draft.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's some WR talent next year but not the type of recent years. It doesn't mean you don't draft any, just looks like there are no difference maker types so if the Browns have the chance to get that type player at another position they have to take them instead with their top pick.

    I've seen Treadwell ranked as the highest rated WR in the next draft (for now) but then he's been described him as Dez Bryant like but not that good. That is not worth a top 5 pick. Believe me, I'm sick of our top 1st round picks going to defense (Gilbert 2014, Shelton 2015), especially with the skill positions so lacking on offense.

    This is why I would look to free agency first to try and pick up a youngish, proven veteran WR (guys finishing their rookie contract, mid 20s age). I don't count on anything from Gordon until he makes it onto the field again. Then add another in the 2016 draft but not reach with their first pick. This is all assuming they continue to lose and have a top 5 pick.
    Big SEC fan and have seen Treadwell play a lot but he's not a first round pick in my opinion. I think Doctson and Shepard are both better and that's without detailed study of the position yet for this draft.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And when he scores his first TD .. You'll be right there to blow him...
    I'll be ecstatic if Gordon comes into camp with a much improved attitude and focus. And then stays with it through the season, which he usually doesn't.

    Gordon has let so many people down on so many teams over so many years the odds of him being a model WR next year are slim. He may be athletic but I don't like players like him who are lazy and try to lag their way through practice, ala Terrance West. That sets a bad tone for any team.

    But he's done a nice PR job this off-season; Greg Little was good at that, too, then got caught speeding over 100 MPH, endangering the lives of a lot of other drivers and their occupants. Plus the Greg little 7,000 parking tickets. And, remember, Little is a buddy of Gordon! It's all a disaster waiting to happen, deja vu all over again.

    And even if he plays well, he's likely gone after 2016, bitter at the Browns for not letting him get to free agency last year.

    So the best course is not count on him and draft/sign some good big, fast, athletic receivers.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-19-2015 at 10:08 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corey Coleman of Baylor is worth a look. Would be a nice pair with Gordon if he sticks around. WV head coach gave him good reviews in Big 12. 4.3 - 4.4 speed.
    That's the guy I'd want us to take

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Browns next QB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the guy I'd want us to take
    Since you and Sarge like him, I'll have to give him a closer look. Thanks guys! I have seen him play and but didn't watch too closely.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since you and Sarge like him, I'll have to give him a closer look. Thanks guys! I have seen him play and but didn't watch too closely.
    Note: I am slightly biased as he is on my fantasy team and therefore I have seen plenty of him unlike Doctson. But there is no doubt in my mind Coleman has that killer instinct which I love in a player.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Ok.
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's some WR talent next year but not the type of recent years. It doesn't mean you don't draft any, just looks like there are no difference maker types so if the Browns have the chance to get that type player at another position they have to take them instead with their top pick.

    I've seen Treadwell ranked as the highest rated WR in the next draft (for now) but then he's been described him as Dez Bryant like but not that good. That is not worth a top 5 pick. Believe me, I'm sick of our top 1st round picks going to defense (Gilbert 2014, Shelton 2015), especially with the skill positions so lacking on offense.

    This is why I would look to free agency first to try and pick up a youngish, proven veteran WR (guys finishing their rookie contract, mid 20s age). I don't count on anything from Gordon until he makes it onto the field again. Then add another in the 2016 draft but not reach with their first pick. This is all assuming they continue to lose and have a top 5 pick.
    I, too am tired of spending 1st rd picks on defense: Mingo, Gilbert, Shelton. I would agree with the Bosa pick if he's there when the Browns pick. I think this is another very good receiving class. You can research these guys if you're not familiar with them.
    Treadwell - Ole Miss, Michael Thompson- OSU, Corey Coleman - Baylor, Josh Doctson - TCU, Tyler Boyd - Pitt, Sterling Shepard - OU, Will Fuller - N.D., Braxton Miller - OSU, Pharoh Cooper - S. Carolina, Demarcus Robinson _ Florida.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corey Coleman - Baylor
    I love this kid. Very competitive. I think he's the fastest receiver in college football.

    Kid's going to be a star. Projected late 1st round I think. He's not real big, so I don't think the Browns take him unless they're really sure Gordon's back and right.

    If he's there on the Browns second pick, I say take him.

    Gordon, Benji at the wide-outs and Coleman in the slot would be pretty damn formidable.
    Last edited by Martin Eden; 11-19-2015 at 09:33 PM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Okay.. i keep looking through all the draft able WRs..

    At first I was all in on the Bowling Green kid.. and the Cal kid..

    But TCU's Josh Doctson is who I want. He would compliment Gordon perfectly. His NFL hybridization is an Ochocinco/Keenan Allen.

    That's the guy.

    I NEVER steer this board wrong on WRs..

    That's the guy.. trust me

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay.. i keep looking through all the draft able WRs..

    At first I was all in on the Bowling Green kid.. and the Cal kid..

    But TCU's Josh Doctson is who I want. He would compliment Gordon perfectly. His NFL hybridization is an Ochocinco/Keenan Allen.

    That's the guy.

    I NEVER steer this board wrong on WRs..

    That's the guy.. trust me
    But if Gordon comes back, we don't really need a wide receiver.

    Coleman even plays running back some. He'll be a killer in the slot.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But if Gordon comes back, we don't really need a wide receiver.
    I disagree completely. We need to get bigger at the wide receiver position. Not to knock the guys we have. I think they play hard, they can catch decently (though lately it doesn't feel like it) but they can't block when called upon to do so and they can't win the one-on-one matchups against these big, athletic secondaries. Even with Gordon coming back, we can't rely on him to carry the load at WR, can't depend on him to not get suspended again, and we need more big bodied, athletic receivers. I think the Browns need a very offense-heavy draft, highlighted by a stud wide receiver.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •