Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 25 to 48 of 63

Thread: WR Help?

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Personally, I'm a pretty big fan of Tyler Boyd. He reminds me of a bigger bodied version of Stefon Diggs. He makes crazy cuts and has huge YAC plays.

    I also really like Travin Dural. He reminds me of a Jordan Matthews type of guy. He can play inside or out effectively and he is tall and quick.

  2. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    L to the A
    Posts
    17,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We need to welcome Gordon back and congratulate him for keeping his shit together all this time. Manziel as the starter, he's gonna be gleeful, man.

    But I agree you need to draft some size. I wouldn't draft a WR in the top 10 with Gordon and Benjamin (headed for 1,200 yards) plus Hartline and Hawkins. But early 2nd round sounds ideal. Get a big body guy there like we should've last year at 19. I'd love Michael Thomas (6'3").

    Gordon, Thomas, Benjamin, Hawkins, Hartline? That's a tremendous group right there.

    As for Josh Lenz, you all know how I feel. He ran a 4.3 at his pro day, got open and caught everything all preseason. Cut Bowe and bring back Lenz!! But do it now, with time to prepare.

  3. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    1,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And when he scores his first TD .. You'll be right there to blow him...
    Can't resist


  4. #28
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think they should bring Lenz in next camp and have true competition.

    Best players stay.

    Lenz gets open, and is hungry. He would do more then anyone else we got besides barnidge duke and benji.

    Doctson is stud for sure. I was looking at value picks that still have playmaking skillset and nfl speed and elite hands. Doctson is tall and fast, but I just don't see the WOW explosion plays.

  5. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Browns need a very offense-heavy draft
    If we're keeping the same defense, you're right. We'll need to score 40 every game if we're going to win.

    JFF will think he's back at A&M where he had to put up 40 every game to win.

  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manzielthetruth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they should bring Lenz in next camp and have true competition.

    Best players stay.

    Lenz gets open, and is hungry. He would do more then anyone else we got besides barnidge duke and benji.

    Doctson is stud for sure. I was looking at value picks that still have playmaking skillset and nfl speed and elite hands. Doctson is tall and fast, but I just don't see the WOW explosion plays.
    That's an interesting observation about Doctson. I'll have to look at some more film. I said the same thing about the big kid from Ariz. State last year, Jaelen Strong, who's had a lot of injury and illness problems so far this season.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-20-2015 at 08:30 AM.

  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to welcome Gordon back and congratulate him for keeping his shit together all this time. Manziel as the starter, he's gonna be gleeful, man.

    But I agree you need to draft some size. I wouldn't draft a WR in the top 10 with Gordon and Benjamin (headed for 1,200 yards) plus Hartline and Hawkins. But early 2nd round sounds ideal. Get a big body guy there like we should've last year at 19. I'd love Michael Thomas (6'3").

    Gordon, Thomas, Benjamin, Hawkins, Hartline? That's a tremendous group right there.

    As for Josh Lenz, you all know how I feel. He ran a 4.3 at his pro day, got open and caught everything all preseason. Cut Bowe and bring back Lenz!! But do it now, with time to prepare.
    Browns did that last fall with Gordon when he returned and he repaid the favor by being AWOL 5 of the 6 games he played, giving a lackluster effort in practice and games. Gordon is a cancer.

  8. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bill O Brien is an idiot.

    The only game he put Jaelen Strong in and gave him any minute's he scored 2 TDs.

    Put the boy in!!

    I hate coaches from the Belichick tree and their dog houses.

    I'd gladly trade for Jaelen

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bill O Brien is an idiot.

    The only game he put Jaelen Strong in and gave him any minute's he scored 2 TDs.

    Put the boy in!!

    I hate coaches from the Belichick tree and their dog houses.

    I'd gladly trade for Jaelen
    O'Brien is another of these Belichick wack jobs. They all fail on their own. We need to stay away from McDaniel in the head coach search. He wrecked Denver.

  10. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Actually I think McDaniels is the exception to the rule.

    His offense is bangin.


    People forget he had Kyle Orton looking like a world beater for a while

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Isn't it a BIG assumption thinking Gordon will ever contribute anything to this team?

    Best plan of action would be to prepare like he won't play a down and draft/sign accordingly. Then if he contributes it is a nice extra but putting any faith in him at this point seems foolish.

  12. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bill O Brien is an idiot.

    The only game he put Jaelen Strong in and gave him any minute's he scored 2 TDs.

    Put the boy in!!

    I hate coaches from the Belichick tree and their dog houses.

    I'd gladly trade for Jaelen
    I hate Ped State but I must admit O'Brian did a masterful job there given the circumstances. Now with Houston things aren't looking great but keep in mind he has a worse Qb situation than Cleveland. I'd take him at any college program and NFL he is unproven at the HC position but I'd take him over Pettine in a heartbeat.

  13. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Browns next QB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it a BIG assumption thinking Gordon will ever contribute anything to this team?

    Best plan of action would be to prepare like he won't play a down and draft/sign accordingly. Then if he contributes it is a nice extra but putting any faith in him at this point seems foolish.
    +1

    Agreed.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

  14. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not really.

    His last "incident"was a bunch of BS.. as was the incident before that.

    #1. This first 1 yr suspension that was reduced was nonsense. He was being tested 5-6 times a month.. this is almost twice a week. If he actually smoked.. his levels wouldve been WAAAY higher than what they released. Its science.

    #2. The rule as Josh understood it is that he couldnt drink until the season was over. Well, the season was over. They were in the post season part of the calendar, there was a coach on the plane with him, and all his teammates. The league then says.. Nooo.. not the season.. the "League Year"

    It was a bunch of nonsense. Josh is a good kid, and he has just been caught in awful circumstances. Yes, he puts himself in those situations, but he doesnt intentionally act maliciously or with the knowledge that what he is does is going to have a consequence or hurt anyone or himself.

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  15. #39
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Browns next QB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it a BIG assumption thinking Gordon will ever contribute anything to this team?

    Best plan of action would be to prepare like he won't play a down and draft/sign accordingly. Then if he contributes it is a nice extra but putting any faith in him at this point seems foolish.
    Agreed. It's ok to be optimistic that he'll come back and return to his previous form, but to rely on that and plan for it would be stupid and irresponsible. If at any point in the offseason we hear Ray Farmer defend not drafting a wide receiver because Josh Gordon is expected back, I will lose my mind. Hopefully Ray has seen the error of his "Wide receivers aren't important" mentality.

  16. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh.. JG actually liked this tweet a week or so ago..


    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  17. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really.

    His last "incident"was a bunch of BS.. as was the incident before that.

    #1. This first 1 yr suspension that was reduced was nonsense. He was being tested 5-6 times a month.. this is almost twice a week. If he actually smoked.. his levels wouldve been WAAAY higher than what they released. Its science.

    #2. The rule as Josh understood it is that he couldnt drink until the season was over. Well, the season was over. They were in the post season part of the calendar, there was a coach on the plane with him, and all his teammates. The league then says.. Nooo.. not the season.. the "League Year"

    It was a bunch of nonsense. Josh is a good kid, and he has just been caught in awful circumstances. Yes, he puts himself in those situations, but he doesnt intentionally act maliciously or with the knowledge that what he is does is going to have a consequence or hurt anyone or himself.
    I disagree. 4 strikes man. He can't be trusted


    On June 7, 2013, the NFL announced that Gordon would be suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season due to violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.


    On August 27, 2014, Gordon acknowledged that the NFL suspended him for one year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. On September 19, 2014, his suspension was reduced to 10 games amidst the new NFL drug policy. Gordon was officially reinstated on November 17.


    On December 27, 2014, exactly one year removed from being selected into the Pro Bowl, the Browns suspended Gordon from the final game of the 2014 season due to a violation of team rules.


    As of January 2015, Gordon faced another year-long suspension due to testing positive for alcohol use. Gordon entered the NFL's substance abuse program after pleading guilty to a driving while impaired charge in September 2014 and was prohibited from consuming alcohol during his time in the program. Gordon was officially suspended for one year on February 3, 2015 and won't be able to return until the start of the 2016 season.
    Last edited by The Browns next QB; 11-20-2015 at 11:11 AM.

  18. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll agree he's not a bad person, but he's fucked up enough that he get ZERO benefit of the doubt from me. Not only does he have to get back onto the field but he has to prove he won't break anymore rules which he hasn't done in college or the NFL.

    He's a nice piece to have but he is this close to being kicked out of the league for good. I'd get some other receivers unless we want to be caught with our pants down yet again.

  19. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am a big fan of accountability.

    If Gordon put himself in those situations, he has to own it. He has.

    I think that it's nice to think he could come back and contribute but IMO I'm acting as if he will not even be a factor. He can be a difference maker, we know this, but we also have far more evidence of the contrary. There's as much to question as there is to point to suggest he could be an elite talent.

    I would feel much better drafting a high-caliber play making WR to side with Gordon or replace him if he manages to earn another infraction.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  20. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think the organization is making any assumptions about Gordon beyond one: variability. Maybe he's available? Maybe he's not? Maybe he's available until he isn't? Etc.

    They're forced to look beyond Gordon as a reliable solution to anything. Too bad for that, but it is what it is.

  21. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Browns next QB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. 4 strikes man. He can't be trusted


    On June 7, 2013, the NFL announced that Gordon would be suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season due to violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.


    On August 27, 2014, Gordon acknowledged that the NFL suspended him for one year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. On September 19, 2014, his suspension was reduced to 10 games amidst the new NFL drug policy. Gordon was officially reinstated on November 17.


    On December 27, 2014, exactly one year removed from being selected into the Pro Bowl, the Browns suspended Gordon from the final game of the 2014 season due to a violation of team rules.


    As of January 2015, Gordon faced another year-long suspension due to testing positive for alcohol use. Gordon entered the NFL's substance abuse program after pleading guilty to a driving while impaired charge in September 2014 and was prohibited from consuming alcohol during his time in the program. Gordon was officially suspended for one year on February 3, 2015 and won't be able to return until the start of the 2016 season.
    Is Gordon allowed to practice with the team before game one of the 2016 season? Don't remember.

  22. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am a big fan of accountability.

    If Gordon put himself in those situations, he has to own it. He has.

    I think that it's nice to think he could come back and contribute but IMO I'm acting as if he will not even be a factor. He can be a difference maker, we know this, but we also have far more evidence of the contrary. There's as much to question as there is to point to suggest he could be an elite talent.

    I would feel much better drafting a high-caliber play making WR to side with Gordon or replace him if he manages to earn another infraction.
    Yeah, dump Gabriel and Hartline and draft a second round WR and a quality free agent WR who is big, fast, athletic.

    Browns also need to add a tough, quality running back.

  23. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    6,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Gordon allowed to practice with the team before game one of the 2016 season? Don't remember.
    The suspension is for a 'minimum' of 1 year....meaning he is 'eligible' for reinstatement in February 2016. However, this timeline is not guaranteed, other than a rule that reviews are to be timely (whatever that means). If/when he is reinstated he will be eligible to practice immediately...so assuming he is reinstated at the end of the 1 year, yes...he will be allowed to practice at the very start of camp.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.



  24. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dump Boweful too.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •