Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WR Help?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Browns next QB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it a BIG assumption thinking Gordon will ever contribute anything to this team?

Best plan of action would be to prepare like he won't play a down and draft/sign accordingly. Then if he contributes it is a nice extra but putting any faith in him at this point seems foolish.
    That's exactly what I say as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    I disagree completely. We need to get bigger at the wide receiver position. Not to knock the guys we have. I think they play hard, they can catch decently (though lately it doesn't feel like it) but they can't block when called upon to do so and they can't win the one-on-one matchups against these big, athletic secondaries. Even with Gordon coming back, we can't rely on him to carry the load at WR, can't depend on him to not get suspended again, and we need more big bodied, athletic receivers. I think the Browns need a very offense-heavy draft, highlighted by a stud wide receiver.
    Absolutely correct and lack of big receivers really hurts this team in so many ways. Several times this season I've seen situations where our midget receivers failed to deliver blocks in key running situations causing the play to be collapsed.

Post Thanks / Like

Oink
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Some talent, but it's all relative. This receiver class is a Chevy Cobalt to the 2014 class's Lexus. Most GMs with an IQ over 50 would have figured: "Hmmm, 2014 best receiver class in history .... we need a receiver ... let's take one in the first three rounds." Most teams with a WR need did exactly like ... except for the dysfunctional Browns!

As Jon Gruden noted the other week: Our midget receivers aren't the answer for the Browns' passing game.
    I agree. We whiffed and now paying the price!
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

This was mentioned a few times on Twitter yesterday during the game.

Bowe is such a clown. Dumb as a box of rocks, fat, and disengaged. He's done. He's happy to take his 9 mil and be released. I didn't see him get separation as all yesterday. Man is it hard to evaluate any QB with the current set of wide outs. Manziel missed throws yesterday for sure, but the current starters are super weak.

I should start a poll.

Is Josh Gordon, Brian Hartline, Hawk and Rabbit enough for you rolling into next year??

How about those four and a mid rounder, like De'Runnya Wilson, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, or Tyler Boyd? All are 6'2" or taller.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    OTA's: 5/23-25, 5/30-31, 6/1, 6/5-8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post

This was mentioned a few times on Twitter yesterday during the game.

Bowe is such a clown. Dumb as a box of rocks, fat, and disengaged. He's done. He's happy to take his 9 mil and be released. I didn't see him get separation as all yesterday. Man is it hard to evaluate any QB with the current set of wide outs. Manziel missed throws yesterday for sure, but the current starters are super weak.

I should start a poll.

Is Josh Gordon, Brian Hartline, Hawk and Rabbit enough for you rolling into next year??

How about those four and a mid rounder, like De'Runnya Wilson, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, or Tyler Boyd? All are 6'2" or taller.
    LOL! No, Browns still need to upgrade from the slow Hartline and the midget Hawkins and prepare for the departure of Gordon who will be out of there after the 2016 season faster than a Space X rocket. Some respectable prospects in the draft.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post

I am comfortable with Gordon, Barnidge and Rabbit as long as we add at least two additional options. If they're middle to late round value, so be it, as long as they're an upgrade over Hawk and Hartline. The "big three" will chew up targets anyway. What we could really use is a possession guy with great route running, hands, body control and reliability.

Word has it Rashard Higgins is going to enter the draft. Unfortunately, his highlight videos are all shit - only deep routes - but when I watched a whole lot of Garrett Grayson in the last draft this kid consistently caught my eye by making a lot of tough catches in traffic, running really solid routes at the intermediate and shallow and always being there when needed. There were a few times Grayson made some really iffy decisions and throws but Higgins bailed him out. On top of that, great kid. Awesome personality, team mates adore him and he's a real leader.

His production dipped after Grayson left and they've been consistently rotating between two guys, and he's had some injury struggles, but for a guy looking to go in the 4th round, or perhaps the 3rd if he tests well, I think there is a lot of value in him.

In 2014 he was an All-American with 97 receptions, 1,750 yards and 17 touchdowns. Even in that crappy situation this season, he put up 65 receptions for 932 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Post Thanks / Like

Bowe is a useless turd but the award for "biggest drop off/out of playing shape" has to go to Eddie Lazy I mean Lacy. Top 5 pick in most fantasy leagues and I finally saw him vs. the Cards yesterday and holy shit has he gotten fat.
    Last edited by The Browns next QB; 12-28-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news is Bowe is only a $4.6M cap hit if they cut him.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

If they would put actual importance on the WR position, they would take a shot at drafting the best guys there and not be forced into reaches and prayers in free agency. Even the Hartline signing, while ok, is a sign they don't really value the position and think just in terms of good enough instead of playmaker.
    Last edited by threesheets; 12-28-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Browns next QB View Post
    Bowe is a useless turd but the award for "biggest drop off/out of playing shape" has to go to Eddie Lazy I mean Lacy. Top 5 pick in most fantasy leagues and I finally saw him vs. the Cards yesterday and holy shit has he gotten fat.
    And who brought in Bowe? The name is FARMER ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    If they would put actual importance on the WR position, they would take a shot at drafting the best guys there and not be forced into reaches and prayers in free agency. Even the Hartline signing, while ok, is a sign they don't really value the position and think just in terms of good enough instead of playmaker.
    I'd like to see them take a good receiver in round two, IF a guy is good enough to warrant drafting at that point. Many here have penciled in Gordon as the prime WR for 2016. Experience over 5 years shows never depend on Gordon for anything. And you want a good, young receiver to be ready to go in 2017 because Gordon will be long gone by then.

Browns should at least consider trading down to add a second rounder to give them more flexibility re player selection in the upper rounds.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 12-28-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that whomever is making the roster decisions next season is not banking on Gordon. CLE should have already learned that lesson after the 2014 season. Heck, they shouldn't have even of had to learn that lesson after the 2014 season, as they new the two risks with Gordon going in to the 2014 season (a. That would have been him going in to RFA after the 2014 season b. A history in the leagues substance abuse program). This is why some folks said CLE should take a top flight "#1" WR in the 2014 draft, as putting all eggs in the Gordon basket was an extremely risky endeavor.

As of today we do not even know if and when the NFL will reinstate Gordon. As far as CLE should be concerned, from a WR planning standpoint, Josh Gordon doesn't exist. The leaves CLE pretty much with Benjamin and Barnidge. Beyond that its a grab bag of random production when the other guys are even on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Masters View Post
    I hope that whomever is making the roster decisions next season is not banking on Gordon. CLE should have already learned that lesson after the 2014 season. Heck, they shouldn't have even of had to learn that lesson after the 2014 season, as they new the two risks with Gordon going in to the 2014 season (a. That would have been him going in to RFA after the 2014 season b. A history in the leagues substance abuse program). This is why some folks said CLE should take a top flight "#1" WR in the 2014 draft, as putting all eggs in the Gordon basket was an extremely risky endeavor.

As of today we do not even know if and when the NFL will reinstate Gordon. As far as CLE should be concerned, from a WR planning standpoint, Josh Gordon doesn't exist. The leaves CLE pretty much with Benjamin and Barnidge. Beyond that its a grab bag of random production when the other guys are even on the field.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Farmer blew it! WR is a top priority!
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

Post Thanks / Like

They'll do more than welcome Gordon back... but I do think they'll welcome Gordon back. I think he's earned it.

I think they'll likely keep Benjamin, Hartline, and Hawkins to go with Gordon and a pretty high draft pick. When Hartline went out, that was kind of the final straw and this became a WR corps so small and depth-free that it became an undeniable problem (over 10% drops, which is insane... and nobody gets open).

Post Thanks / Like

We need to draft two wr and a TE.

I'd release the whole wr corp except Benjy Hartline and Jennings (if he has another good preseason)

Hawkins Gabriel bowe Marlon Moore Pryor all need to go.

Can't catch td, can't block, can't even get a first down.

We need to sign best wr available and te available and draft two wr .

This team has nobody!!!!!
    Need a mlb
    Need de
    Need safety (ifo may be corner we need)
    Need te(besides barny)
    Need 4 wr.....4.......fucking 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh......and top flight off tackle too.

A legit DC
    And cliff avril at olb as fa would be great too.....

Juussstttt fuckin sayin!!!!