Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Back to Back Season

Post Thanks / Like

Default Panic or Plan B ?

The season ending roster moves I found rather WTF

Liggins got the F grade for the playoffs after starting 19 & playing in 61. he was picked up by the Mav's

Larry Sanders was shown the door also. I never thought he would be a meaningful part of this season but maybe next year. he looked like he had missed a few seasons. all the best to him.

That brings us to Dahntay Jones what a guy quietly setting around his phone for 10 months not getting paid. would he wished to have been with the team during that time ? he seemed to be hoping to get this call... but kinda strange to me all this. those 82 10k+ game checks would have been nice. no?
    our TV crew said to had been working out and playing 3 games a week. with who ? lol

Edy Tavares - never heard of him but wish I could watch those 24 minutes he played in the last game he had 6 blocks.
    when was the last time that happened ?
    how many minutes will he play ?

Let hope one or both have a magical moment in the next few weeks.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm
    Like Enigmatic Evil, jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

If Tavares can give us 8-10 minutes of solid rim protection while giving TT a rest then I'm all in!

It'll be interesting tomorrow to see if the D returns to form.

And WTF happened to Shump?! He's horrible!
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16
    Like madmadworld, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Playoffs

We will know this time next week if " we can just flip the switch" by then 3 games with the Pacers will be played.

As far as rotations go who knows Ty has shown no pattern I can detect thru 82 games. and I've been looking !
    last year 1st round he only used 4 players off the bench. RJ,Delly, Shump. Mazy or Frye.

yep Jay Shump in a slump need to get him a couple of early layups imo to get him some C

Like jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

We should be able to handle the Pacers.

Raptors could be upset by the Bucks, they're a very good team.

The Grizzlies won't beat the Spurs but it would be sweet if they did.

Houston/OKC? I want both of these teams to win.

Utah could pull off the upset. I hope they do.

The Wizards should beat the Hawks, and meet Boston next round.

Fuck the Warriors.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 04-15-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld, jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 down 15 to go

What happens when you miss 17 of 28 FT ?
    &
    You are out rebounded by 7 ?

Well that did not happen but not a good idea to let it happen again.

It was poorly coached offensively the last minute by both sides imo. our last shot a LBJ 3 theirs a clear out for PG.
    defensively both sides got their wish.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 04-16-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Delly report

Delly came in with 5 minutes left in the 3rd in a 64-64 game, played the last 17 minutes in the 97-83 road win. he managed the game well when the Greek Freak went to the bench with his 4th foul. the freak got a cheap T on a block when he returned.

Rookie of the Year
    Malcolm Brogdon the kid took Delly's job, on a playoff team. easy choice for me. 30 games should not get this award.

sorry EE

Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

No need to be sorry, seven game series and all that...

The Bucks are a team that has been on my radar for a while, Jason Kidd is a good coach. I felt like him going to a young team like Milwaukee would pay off and its starting to bloom now for them. They've got a lot of talent and the Raptors are an inconsistent team that falls apart if DeRozan isn't playing at the highest level with Lowry who is usually pretty good but if one is off, the Raptors aren't making it easy for themselves. Lowry a -22, 4pts/6ast. Serge did all he could but he has already proven in OKC that he's a good starter but he's not a guy you want to need to count on to score points every night. 19pts and 14reb is production they will take every night, but other guys need to be stepping up too.

Speaking of not making it easy for themselves, the Clippers. The Jazz had no answer for Blake Griffin, and they should have won this game. They played like ass on the defensive side in general but lost the game when they came out flat from half-time. They deserve to be down 0-1, and if they don't step it up they will deserve to lose the series.

Grizzlies loss is no surprise but I admit, I got my hopes up after they were leading early. Said it all season, the Grizzlies don't have the offensive firecracker they need to be a playoff threat. They have guys who can put up points, but not consistently, certainly not 40 year old Vince Carter and his 28 minutes (4 pts). The fact that Vince Carter has been starting (and it has been fun to watch) says all it needs to about the Grizzlies season. Tony Allen's absence hurts, but I don't see him making a huge difference.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs should sweep.

The Pacers suck, but they're a bad team that's playing well at the right time. Paul George is good enough to get them maybe one game but the Pacers are a team that should not beat the Cavs in the playoffs. Defence could be a bit tighter but all in all, the Cavs played well and game one went as expected. This series should not go beyond five games at a maximum.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Surprise Sunday

8 teams I could care less about mostly. watching OKC thought of how tough it must be..... to be a fan of theirs.
    the stupid owner not keeping his big 3 together..... that must be a bitch for those fans.

Bulls have no fear of the Celtics .... will they win 2 games ?

Post Thanks / Like

Should go up 2-0 today unless we have a major brain-fart. NBA.com posted an article today where they note the Cavs are undefeated when up 2-0 in a series, and have won 15 of 16 when taking game one. The Pacers will look to play more disciplined ball and minimize mistakes. We could (and maybe should?) be down instead of looking to take a dominating lead in the series. We need another (and then 14 more) spirited performance from LeBron, but I'd love to see one or two of the role players have a impactful game.

Meanwhile, I'd love for my Grizz to make things interesting but I don't see anything other than a 4-game sweep in their future.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    8 teams I could care less about mostly. watching OKC thought of how tough it must be..... to be a fan of theirs.
    the stupid owner not keeping his big 3 together..... that must be a bitch for those fans.

Bulls have no fear of the Celtics .... will they win 2 games ?
    Re OKC: It's one of the biggest "what if's" of my personal fandom, what if OKC could have kept Westbrook, Durant and Harden together? Would they have a ring now?

Re Bulls/Celtics: So long as the Bulls can get production from Butler like they got in G1, they have a shot in this series. The Bulls aren't a team that will cause anyone to lose sleep though. IMO our road to the Final goes through Washington...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Would they have a ring now?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re OKC: It's one of the biggest "what if's" of my personal fandom, what if OKC could have kept Westbrook, Durant and Harden together?

Would they have a ring now?
    Would we have 1 .....might be the bigger question.
    I think they would. it might have took another coach to get it to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 down 14 to go

Heck if we could put together a whole game this would be easier. 11 first half turnovers 8 by our HERO. but they went 20-23 FT maybe the best game of the season FT wise. plus won the rebound war.

They added enough drama at the end to keep our guard up and can't wait to see more.

Paul George burning every bridge he can find in Pacerville. he Gone ...no ?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's to sitting JR Smith the rest of the series if possible. We'll need him more as we get deeper into the 'ship ride.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 down 13 to go

24 of the worse minutes of the season followed by the best 24 minutes. heck I gotta watch that secound half again.
    Live it was surreal. Ty just riding the backs of the bench bunch. wondering when was Kyrie coming back in & Love too.
    when it was around 4 minutes left...... I'm thinking these guys are gassed they have to be. but they are holding and Lifting. What a cool great call by Ty.... Historic

Go Cavs

Like jaydog, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that was a historic comeback. I walked away for a few minutes and when They were down by 20 something I got back to working on my machine. ( I'm having computer problems the last few weeks. )

I'm absolutely fed up to check back in with 11 minutes left and see were down by 10 and think, "OK...we haven't given up. Let's see if we can get a little closer." Next thing ya know we're up and Frye hits a HUUUUGE 3!! I was all YEEAAAAHHH!!! JR and the boys were going crazy and we close it out. Still missed lot of free throws, but got a huge win!

Meanwhile in Toronto trouble is afoot...

Like Enigmatic Evil, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Because I forgot to post it the other day...

One of the best post-game coach rants I've seen in a while!

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Paul George and Russel Westbrook are both proving that you can't do it by yourself in the NBA. Both have run in to better teams with better stars. Both could be swept, potentially. It doesn't matter what Paul George does when LeBron is putting down 41pts and change combined with a much better supporting cast. The Pacers could have probably beaten a team like the Bulls (who would have given Toronto trouble before the Rondo injury) and could probably beat the Hawks too but they didn't draw those teams... Russ can drop 51 points and it doesn't matter because Houston has an arguably better star with better support.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad the Grizz responded following the Coach's passionate rant and subsequent 30k fine... can they even the series? Tough to say but they need Gasol to step up and lead the charge yet again. Mike Conley may be a classy gentleman on the court but he's not often going to lead your team to victory either, and this time of year you need consistent production. Can he do it again? However the Grizzlies have thrived this season by having someone or multiple guys step up every night, doesn't seem to be repetitive... so who does it in game 4? Vince Carter playing 36 minutes. What is this, 2009? lmao...

I said the Raptors could lose this series and more and more it's feeling like the Raptors losing to the Bucks could be the playoff surprise that we get in round one. I think the Raptors, who have been through a lot this season with the Lowry Injury, the mid-season lull (not unlike Clevelands) that followed and Ujiri's move to shake things up defensively have all had interesting results but the Bucks are just a very talented, well coached team. Kidd has out-coached Casey before, with two different teams. That's a big reason I am not confident the Raptors make it out of round one, talk about deja vu all over again lmao. Plus Kidd is still getting productive minutes out of Jason Terry (17 min, only -2). Toronto isn't winning jack shit unless their stars are playing well and in their losses, they disappeared but Game 3 was bad. If they lose Game 4, they lose the series.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Other thoughts...

Can Portland win a game to prove they belong? If memory serves... GSW swept the season series against the Trail Blazers and now they're the ones blazing a trail in round one.

Is it deja vu all over again for Los Angeles? Blake Griffin can win this series because the Jazz have no answer for him (I've addressed a repetitive first round theme regarding star power and wins but the Clippers have two stars who are better than anyone on the Utah roster).

It's Boston's chance to take the series back. Chicago has no depth and Rondo is out... I am doubtful that Wade can increase his output but how many spirited playoff performances does he have left in the tank? One is all it takes to get out of the first round. Butler has made it his mission to neutralize an already emotionally exhausted (and probably overwhelmed) Thomas. Al Horford paid a max contract but 7 pts in game 2? Look for him to have a better night...

Washington should sweep. Atlanta has no answer for Wall, and is not good enough on the interior to win with Howard/Horford.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday's action:

Chris Paul has a game where he says "look what I can do". Jazz lose. This is how it should look, Jazz are good but they shouldn't be beating a team like the Clippers who are West contenders.

Chicago fall to reality or Rondo factor? Boston showed up to play and Chicago didn't. If Boston can even the series, they will win it.

Thunder finally get one. Westbrook couldn't take game 2 for OKC but put down a triple-double to keep his team in the series. This one could go 7 games and I hope that it does.

Today's action:

Watching the Raptors/Bucks right now, Raptors missing easy shots early, never a good sign. Milwaukee plays with a real consistent energy and intensity that makes them fun to watch, and ts tough for teams to keep up. They would be a tough 7 game series for any team IMO. Tie game so far, but it's early.

Wizards should go up 3-0 tonight, does GS?.

I'd love for the Grizzlies to even the series tonight. However, I have more faith in San Antonio winning a game on the road than I do Memphis. Does this series go 7? Probably not but let me daydream.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Get your brooms out boys! Though I was sweating a bit late, we closed the game out. Paul George had a chance to be a hero, instead he's staying home.

The Trail Blazers pissed game 3 away. They fell flat during the second half where their opponents scored 65 pts. Can they avoid the sweep? IMO Damian Liliard is overrated. He's second tier, he's not a dominant star. Meanwhile McCollum is the real deal and plays well on both ends of the court. He's fun to watch.

Rockets take Game three and they will probably take the series. OKC needs a comeback game, so does Washington. Losses in the playoffs can be momentum vacuums, so it's always important to respond. That's what the Raptors did to even their series, a team that was looking like it was getting ready to choke the series away said "we aren't done yet".

Jazz get my hopes up again, so do the Grizzlies. Who has better odds of winning their series? (this is a slightly sarcastic question)

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 down 12 to go

Cavs giving the viewers a bit of Drama but the King is still The King. yet the Biggest stars need support not just from the starters but the bench D-Will playing a role he knows nothing about experience wise. there was a play yesterday where he got the ball from LBJ then gave it right back. it was just not him it took him a micro second to just question himself afterwords .. I laughed.
    Go Cavs

The Bucks need a couple 3 point shooters no doubt but getting out rebounded is just lack of mental fortitude.
    J Kid gotta get more out of them. Monroe 22 min 2 rebounds ? come on man

Clippers ...........the Clippers guess it just wasn't to be.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/04/lebron_james_late-game_3-point.html#incart_river_index

Did you see the LBJ travel now being reported on his late 3 to win the game?

Ooops!

Like madmadworld, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.