Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Back to Back Season

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we just don't have any moves to get.

OT again.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kings

Win without Cousins
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Derrick Williams had a good debut?

Raptors need to add a piece but who?

Grizzlies still playing well, but I keep wondering if they will hit a wall.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Check that... Grizzlies got absolutely F'ed in the A by Golden State last night. Draymond with a triple-double from assists/steals/points while he set a Warriors record for Steals in a game. Klay had 36 points. The Grizzlies are not a gunslinger team, they're a bit of a throwback which is why I like watching them. The Warriors came out shooting and got to an early lead and the Grizzlies just never caught up. That team desperately needs a volume scorer who can get hot and make it rain.
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors lose again thanks to failed hero ball and an awful 4th Q defensive effort (sounds familiar if you watched the East Final last year). I am not in the camp of firing Dwayne Casey, who is the winningest coach in Toronto Raptors history, who is the coach of the most successful team in Raptors history... but something's got to give. Kyle Lowry gave a rather ominous post-game presser. He didn't want to name names but said "The team has to play harder for each other, the guys in the locker room". DeMarre Carroll suggested the team needs to do a better job sharing the ball in crunch time.

The Raptors are a team on the verge of a breakdown. They need a shake up. I don't know if it's simply a big win to get the monkey off the back, a coaching change, a trade, what. But they're sliding down the standings and there's only like 2-3 games difference separating 2nd place and 6th place. The Raptors could find themselves in a precarious post-season position if they cant get established after the All Star break.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default In the News

KLove scoped his knee that will be added minutes for Korver & Dwill lucky to have picked up these 2.

Now we are positioned to get 1 last player ......Who will it be ?

EE
    your Raptors pick up Serge Ibaka........... you like that ?

Post Thanks / Like

Love it. Addresses a huge need, adds a physical interior defensive presence. Plus he's a good shooter.

Bummer about Love. This will test the team's depth for sure.

Grizz signed Toney Douglas to two 10-day's. I suggested the Cavs kick his tires. He's done well for them.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

...And it made no difference. Embarassed by the Bulls who sat Wade and Mirotic... Down by almost 30 at one point.

That no-look pass from LeBron to Derrick, holy shit.

Kings steal one from the Lakers thanks to DMC putting that team on his shoulders. Might be the best big of this generation and he's wasting away in Sacramento...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Boogie is a Pellican now. Traded for a mediocre starter, two other players (one who is expected to be cut) and a first rounder. Not sure about Buddy Hield but I am sure he is a focal point of the deal for obvious reasons the Kings must be excited to have him. Cousins was very elated to learn he was traded from the Kings. Now with a team who wants him, must be a good feeling.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the King's

The Kings gave it a go with Boogie and what....... 10 coaches ?
    baffling drafting high for decades with little to show for it. they play just well enough to lose Many close games season after season.
    Kinda like the Clippers of the past.

Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Still how does any competent GM say no when Detroit calls and offers Drummond for the player that you want to get rid of? I do that trade every time. Much better return then the table scraps they got from NO.

Even Mozgod was traded for two first rounders. Surely Boogie is better than Timofey? Divac is an awful GM...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

The Lakers with some weird moves: Buss is out of the FO, fired by his sister. Magic Johnson is in. They fired their GM and hired Rob Pelinka... he used to be Kobe's agent.

The timing seems kind of strange, no? Surely they weren't expecting a huge turnaround this year. The team is still young and lacks real impact players, and didn't make a ton of moves last year to move the dial. Trading Lou Will for Brewer and a first maybe the final nail in the coffin for Kupchak?

Strange days.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 02-22-2017 at 05:22 PM.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/21/lak...-mitch-kupchak

After the Kings made the most head-scratching move of the NBA season Sunday night, the Los Angeles Lakers asked them to hold their beer Tuesday, firing general manager Mitch Kupchak and hiring Hall of Famer Magic Johnson as president of basketball operations.
    Jim Buss was also removed from his position as Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations as part of the restructure, which allowed the Lakers to reclaim their spot as the top clown show in California.
    Look, it’s possible Magic hires the right people around him—Sam Hinkie is available!—so there is absolutely a chance that this move isn’t a total disaster. For now? The Lakers have a rookie head coach, an uncertain future, and a President of Basketball Operations known more for his mind-numbingly obvious tweets than basketball acumen in 2017.
    And why make this move two days before the trade deadline? Sam Amick reports Buss and Kupchak’s failure to land DeMarcus Cousins—who apparently could’ve been had for a draft pick and an autographed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar jersey—helped lead to their ouster. But now Los Angeles will have to re-tool on the fly, and some of the GM names being floated out (Rob Pelinka?) also wouldn’t necessarily bring the appropriate experience into the front office.

The departure of Buss is somewhat of a silver lining. Jim never appropriately filled the large shoes left behind by his father Jerry, and the power struggle between him and his sister Jeanie seemed to put a serious strain on the organization. But the haste to put Johnson in an overseeing role makes little sense, especially if he wields his final-say powers too exuberantly. (Or maybe not! Magic does have a keen eye for talent.)

Andrew D. Bernstein/Getty Images

What may be most shocking is how not shocking this move is considering the Lakers’ recent history. Los Angeles’s decision to retain Kobe on a monstrous contract stunted the rebuild of the franchise. The show of good faith to a franchise superstar is supposed to resonate with other players, but the Lakers have also routinely struck out in free agency throughout this decade. The organization has been a rudderless, unchecked mess since the Dwight Howard/Kobe-injury season, and Magic’s hiring is the latest move that looks backward instead of toward the future.
    And despite some young talent, Los Angeles is facing a complicated climb back to championship relevance. Outside of Brandon Ingram, none of the Lakers' young players have superstar potential, and Johnson (and his new GM) will also have to find a way to work around some onerous contracts handed out to Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov.

Frankly, the situation in L.A. calls for far more experience than what Johnson brings as the head of the basketball department. It’s situation that calls for an outsider, someone who isn’t enamored by the franchise’s past and whose expectations won’t be outsized due to a false sense of the Lakers’ place in the NBA hierarchy. Johnson certainly wouldn’t seem to fit those criteria.
    Ultimately, there’s hope for the Johnson move to not be a total lost cause. But the Lakers have been clinging to their past for too long, one that grows more and more irrelevant with each passing day. And unless Johnson can lace it up and still give the Lakers a triple double while starting at center, hiring a Hall of Famer won’t magically erase the obstacles in Los Angeles’s future.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Lakers.......Will they do it ?

Liked seeing you post EE ..........not that writer

Jimmy had his time by his own timeline.

Magic didn't need the Job he wants it. Players will come imo Westbrook, George etc but they don't have or will get a top 5 guy in FA market. they need to draft that guy as that's the way it happens. the Lakers tanking for 2 or 3 years... more painful but needed.
    will they do it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Adding Larry Sanders would be really good.
    If he 's half as good as he was, he 'll add shot-blocking.
    We also need rebounding and a stout defender.
    He can switch and defend the perimeter in a pinch.

Not to mention that any guy that can catch lobs is OK.
    You know, when you 've got LeBron playing.

I 'll compare his potential impact to a great player.
    Due to a bit of an eccentric personality, he has earned it.
    He could be a light-version of Dennis Rodman.
    http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1122_6.gif
    Like madmadworld, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is left ?

Larry Sanders - keep him off the FT line. other than that would be a good minutes eater.

Deron Williams - would be a perfect back up not just now but down the line. Old Jerry Sloan got the best out of him.

Back to the Lakers - even losing they are a money making machine TWC paying them outrageous $$$.

Post Thanks / Like

Sanders has been out of the game for a couple of seasons... gotta wonder how much rust he has? If he can be competent, he would be a good need but the question remains: Can he play PG? (sarcasm).

Williams has been in steady decline but he would be better than the nobody we have at backup PG. Word is we're angling for Bogut too.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

The Pellicans signed Jarrett Jack to a 10-day. We couldn't even kick the tires?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Mmw you asked in the quick chat: Can we win without LeBron? I think we both knew the answer to that one. No Bron AND no Love (AND no JR)? I think it's a foregone conclusion at that point.

It astounds me how a rather talented team just looks absolutely lost without James on the floor. He really adds that much to the team, it's irrefutable.

Kyrie did all he could. Williams a -20. Liggins a -10 in his 5 token minutes. James Jones had a good performance, but too many players were non-factors. Jefferson,Thompson, Shumpert, Williams... average of 26 minutes between the four of them yet an average of 6 pts each. That's just not going to get it done.

We're beat up, yes. But I think a game like this makes it hard for fans like myself who dared to question the teams depth coming out of last season and questioned our failure to upgrade coming in to the year. Rumor Mill is still spinning. We're looking at Andrew Bogut, yet no answer for backup PG...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goat

LBJ is just that.

Would/could we have won that game with Love & JR ? maybe but at what 4- 19 now without him the past 3 seasons. spin that

The Cavs let that 4.7 million Andy money just go away so there are limits on what we will spend.

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs signed Deron Williams. That's our backup PG finally. Gives Lue some flexibility until JR is back.

Is Bogut next?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Future is Now

Now we have 2 D-will's ........what's the odds ?
    If they get Bogut and it's being reported now. those 2 with Kyle Korver pretty good stuff there. far deeper than ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Griff is phenomenal at getting talent. If we do in fact get Bogut then we are easily going back to the finals.

Good job Griff and Gilbert for allowing all the salaries being paid way over the cap. What other owner has done that year after year?
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16
    Like Enigmatic Evil, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Griff is phenomenal at getting talent. If we do in fact get Bogut then we are easily going back to the finals.

Good job Griff and Gilbert for allowing all the salaries being paid way over the cap. What other owner has done that year after year?
    Say what you will about Gilbert, it's clear he's willing to open his wallet to have a contender.

Does any of this happen without LeBron venting to the media? I mean it's one thing to dismiss upgrading the team because you just won a championship but part of me wonders if this is too little, too late. Lots of new pieces to work in to the flow of things. Wonder how well they'll gel. I think Lue has a real outlet to get creative with the new personnel.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!