Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Garoppolo Countdown, February Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garoppolo Countdown, February Edition

Sorry, mods. So glitchy, I can't post on the other thread. Can we just close it?

I think the excitment is building for sure. McCown thinks he's worth a first round pick. Love the quote, "One has a superior skill set and one doesn't." Gonna be our QB coach soon and he knows it.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...rt_river_index

(Also... McCown knows stuff. I think this is SUCH the smart move.)

Post Thanks / Like

Not so fast. I fell for your sunshine, lollipops and rainbows last year, and they all turned out to be just a big honkin' pile of horse shit. I'm not gonna get happy until we get 3 wins in a row under our belt.
    I suppose one can ask no more of justice than this: that if it must be imperfect, at least it should be poetic.
    Captain-General Juan Bitrian de Viamonte y Navarra
    Like hoorta liked this post.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony Grossi has stated he's going to kill himself if the Browns sign Tyrod Taylor.

- A pro-bowl QB, only signed in FA, who has played at a top 10 level in a shitty situation for two consecutive years, is an unworthy gamble.
    - A QB, traded for using multiple selections that include a top 15 selection if not the #1 overall selection, who has played well on only 91 career attempts, is a must have that we should trade away the future of the franchise for.

Giggity.
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG....McCown also praised TT in that piece and he praised Kessler in that piece. He also said he hasn't really watched tape on JG...he is just going by what he saw in the Miami game. Come on. And comparing him to Rodgers? Hyperbole to say the very least.

Listen, I like McCown...but he is literally the nicest guy in the room...EVERY ROOM...and wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone. He even complimented Cassel as a good QB.

I will say this...McCown was not moved to 'make room'. He was moved to avoid the $750k bonus he was due as of the 3rd day of the NFL league...and the $4.3M he would have earned to ride the pine in 2017.

As for TT...thanks to Grossi's comment I almost hope we sign him. Kill two birds with one stone. BTW, word is that TT is refusing to redo his contract which almost guarantees he will hit the market.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

ChowMeinChad is offline The winds of shit are in the air. 3rd string
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard a negative thing come from McCown. That guy is the definition of a sunshine pumper.
    Like Greythan, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChowMeinChad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have never heard a negative thing come from McCown. That guy is the definition of a sunshine pumper.
    So... Shep is McCown?
    Like KJP, Junior8 liked this post.

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

The value of trading the 12th over all vs 2 seconds for Garoppolo using the Browns' Kevin Meers version of the Draft Value Chart:

2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

Post Thanks / Like

Worst of all, MKC is still feeding specific questions to feed her agenda.

Would he give up the No. 12 pick? Grab him over a Mitch Trubisky or a Deshaun Watson?

"It just depends on how you see it,'' he said. "If you view him as that guy, people pick quarterbacks at No. 1 and No. 12 all the time. Then yes, absolutely.
    This is damn near a literal transcript. You can see McCown has literally been asked if he'd give up the 12 pick. Of course, his answer is "If that's how you see it" with an award winning platitude. It's not like he was going to say "No, fuck him and fuck you. I rape cats because their furry little fuck handles are too damn suggestive." It's not like he inserted the comment himself. He was asked a question, he gave a standard answer.

MKC is really good at wanting to talk about her own narrative, and then asking interviewees the loaded questions. In some ways, it's not entirely unprofessional, and she's getting expert opinion on subjects she has an interest in, but at the same time I feel like she's subconsciously trying to get validation on her own theories and hypothetical situations.

Part of me thinks MKC wants Jimmy here because he gets her a little wet. Is that untoward to say? Probably a little sexist. Not really, though, because he's a damn good looking lad and we'd all probably feel a pelvic tingle if he flashed that smile at us.
    Like Nevada John, KJP liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

They're definitely talking according to beat writers from both teams... just a matter of price, I think. If it's too high, I think they'll take Trubisky at #1. But I think they'll make the deal and I think it's the right thing to do. One of his coaches said he's 100% ready to be an NFL starter. A scout said if the Browns trade for Garoppolo they'll finally be set at QB for a decade or so.

I would say a fairly strong majority think it's the Browns best play, getting Garoppolo instead of a rookie. I lean strongly that way but I also like Trubisky and I pretty well like Watson. Just iffy on all the picks and accuracy downfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Sessler's good:

Marc SesslerVerified account ‏@MarcSesslerNFL 7h7 hours ago
    If I'm the Browns, I ship the No. 12 pick to the Patriots for Garoppolo and never look back. Fine adding a later-round pick, too. Go for it.

Browns Chalk Talk ‏@BrownsChalkTalk 1h1 hour ago
    FWIW, from what I've read & heard from top NFL analysts, they've all said #Browns should trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. "No brainer"

Post Thanks / Like

Only the Browns would give up the #12 for a 3rd round pick because he "proved it" with 91 passing attempts, with almost all of his career production coming in a single game against a defense that was playing god awful football.

It's just such a Browns move. We bitch about taking a QB later, but now we want a QB taken later using a premium draft selection simply because he sat behind Brady for a few years and beat Miami.

Weird. Hell weird.
    Like nickers, hoorta liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's the feeling around the league at all. His standing among coaches and personnel types is super high. They think he looks like a legit long term starter. He probably should've gone higher in the draft (would've if our OC had his way, actually) and he's taken a lot more NFL snaps than Watson or Trubisky, both preseason and regular season.

Right now, with three years of tutoring from McDaniels and Brady, he's just more ready and more valuable than anybody we could draft. That seems to be the prevalent opinion out there.

The lowest pick they'll get is #34... but I have a feeling it'll be the 12. Browns just has SO many assets to upgrade all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like

I could give a fuck about the "feeling around the league" given the absolute clusterfuck that's been in the past. Shit, literally the exact same thing occurred with Mike Glennon who played equally as well over a short period of time.

I say this again, If Jimmy was really so adored and revered, people would have offered more than a 3rd last season when the Patriots had teams sniffing around. I find it hard to believe those unimpressive trade offers have magically jumped to multiple high round selections simply because he beat Miami.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? Another JG thread? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Only the Browns would give up the #12 for a 3rd round pick because he "proved it" with 91 passing attempts, with almost all of his career production coming in a single game against a defense that was playing god awful football.

It's just such a Browns move. We bitch about taking a QB later, but now we want a QB taken later using a premium draft selection simply because he sat behind Brady for a few years and beat Miami.

Weird. Hell weird.
    Yeah I just don't get that logic
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    Yeah I just don't get that logic
    I get it with a guy like Cousins or Taylor. People who have proved it over an extended period of time. Cousins, people are talking draft picks. Taylor, we're talking some money. On both fronts, it's a sizable sample in which we've seen, without the aide of a gimmick offense, that they can have a sustained positive impact.

With Jimmy, that just doesn't exist. It's Matt Flynn. It's Nick Foles. Hell, it's even Brian Hoyer. A small sample size in which someone looks like they've got all the talent to be successful.

And even in the cases of Cousins and Taylor, both showing their stuff over two full seasons, people still question if it's enough to warrant any form of value or commitment to a long-term deal as a starting QB.

With Jimmy, it just isn't there. If you give up #12 plus a 4th for a guy who plays like shit and is an impending free agent, you've just wasted multiple valuable selections on someone who isn't under contract and only puts the franchise in a significant bind - do you stick with him and hope improvements come, or do you move on after only one year?

I can't justify that. I'd rather Taylor. He's a free agent and it's only money. We've got plenty of cap space to commit towards a QB who can be a stop gap while we develop a rookie passer. Like I've said before, signing someone like Taylor absolutely does not mean the team won't go QB at #12 anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Zactly. There is at least a body of work to see.
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

More silly season...,

2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27
    Like Greythan, hoorta liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Between Shep's second Garoppolo thread and MKC's leading the witness (McCown) to help her reel in Jimmy G, the campaign is really kicking into gear for the 3rd-round draft pick from three years ago and only 91 pro snaps since.
    "Hillary Clinton belongs in the White House. Donald Trump belongs on my show."--Jerry Springer
    Cleveland Browns: 13 losing seasons in first 50 years. 15 losing seasons since 1999 -- and counting.

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope the Browns say no to Garoppolo. I'd prefer they draft Trubisky or Watson. If the are truelly shitcanning RGknee then I can see Taylor because he won't cost us draft picks. This draft is so loaded with good defensive players it'd be a waste to not grab as many we can. ( ps I HOPE RGknee is gone, total waste)
    Like Stray Dawg liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    More silly season...,

I don't think it's so silly. If they have a feeling Brady only has 2-3 years left, it would be dumb for them to get rid of the next guy when he's already on the roster...for any price. We've all seen how hard it is to find that guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    They're definitely talking according to beat writers from both teams... just a matter of price, I think. If it's too high, I think they'll take Trubisky at #1. But I think they'll make the deal and I think it's the right thing to do. One of his coaches said he's 100% ready to be an NFL starter. A scout said if the Browns trade for Garoppolo they'll finally be set at QB for a decade or so.

I would say a fairly strong majority think it's the Browns best play, getting Garoppolo instead of a rookie. I lean strongly that way but I also like Trubisky and I pretty well like Watson. Just iffy on all the picks and accuracy downfield.
    I'm on record as saying trading the #12 pick for Garoppolo is a no-brainer.

However, if the Browns go rookie with #1 (and I still think they go Garrett #1), it will be Watson. Hue will be at the combine and watch the QB's throw (and at pro days). However, after the interview portions, it will be set in stone that it will be Watson. Hue will absolutely fall in love with the kid and gush over him (privately of course) after the interviews. He (Watson) will absolutely kill destroy those.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind seeing Garrett at #1 and Watson at #12.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OzDawg View Post
    I just hope the Browns say no to Garoppolo. I'd prefer they draft Trubisky or Watson. If the are truelly shitcanning RGknee then I can see Taylor because he won't cost us draft picks. This draft is so loaded with good defensive players it'd be a waste to not grab as many we can. ( ps I HOPE RGknee is gone, total waste)
    The thought of trading a first rounder for JG just brings back memories of horrible drafts and getting fucked by other teams. Truthfully I'd be ok drafting any of the top qb prospects somewhere in this draft. Yes even Watson. Although that young man from Texas Tech would be my preferred guy.
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Garrett at #1 and Watson at #12.
    Right now, that'd be what I want most.
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.