Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sashi Brown - One of the Best GM's?

Post Thanks / Like

There's literally a stat that shows the teams that drafted the most players over the last decade are the most winningest teams in the NFL. I know New England and Green Bay were two of them.

Sashi brought that out and then Peter King or someone else dug into it. Very interesting. At the end of the day, the draft is about 65% luck so go for volume. Most of the guys who bust were atop everybody else's board too.
    Like KJP liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Jury not even been sent to deliberate this question yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing bout NE is they love guys outside of the 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_QCT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to admire that the #Browns fixed front office leaks. They've worked out Mahomes, Kizer & Garrett already and no one knew until today.
    Agree this is great.

Somewhat related, Wilhelm (who's within the walls of Berea Mon-Fri) says it's hard to walk by Sashi's office and not see Berry, Depodesta, or both in there. He did get to pop his head in the other day though when he caught Sash alone to ask him how it's all going. A quick conversation, and he didn't mention details, but said the vibe is calm and confident.
    2017 Draft picks: #1, #12, #33, #52, #65, #108, #145, #175, #181, #185, #188 - 11 total
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - Two in 2nd (Eagles/Wentz & Texans/Osweiler), a 4th (Panthers/punter), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 11 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, 2017 #12 (Eagles) & #52 (Titans), 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles) pick
    Important 2017 NFL dates http://tinyurl.com/NFL-Dates
    Hue's Victory Speech http://yi.nzc.am/Vf7G5

Post Thanks / Like

Reassuring history of Sashi's trades, if you're like me and fear getting fleeced by Bill. Sash doesn't get fleeced.

Also, Grossi and his thought of the owner's meeting bring rekindled Garoppolo talks were dashed a bit. Bill going to be there today only.

2017 Draft picks: #1, #12, #33, #52, #65, #108, #145, #175, #181, #185, #188 - 11 total
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - Two in 2nd (Eagles/Wentz & Texans/Osweiler), a 4th (Panthers/punter), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 11 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, 2017 #12 (Eagles) & #52 (Titans), 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles) pick
    Important 2017 NFL dates http://tinyurl.com/NFL-Dates
    Hue's Victory Speech http://yi.nzc.am/Vf7G5

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen All-Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Sushi.. don't get snookered you fool!
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!
    Like Stray Dawg liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

If sashdouche does a deal for this years Matt Cassell we are permafucked. I say fire him right then, forfeit the season and all of us take up the sport of competitive drinking. This trade would be very much like the Paul Warfield for Mike Phipps deal. (Thats for those of you old enough to remember) We got Phipps and the Dolphins got a couple Super Bowls. In Phipps defense the team was dreadful at that point and he couldnt save it himself. It wasnt until Brian Sipe and Rutigliano arrived that the Browns became fun to watch...by then Phipps had taken a David Carr like beating and was done. I hope we pass on this deal with the pats I dont want to live through that dark history again.
    Go Browns. Winning the Super Bowl will be the best revenge on those who laugh at us. I live for that day.
    Like Enigmatic Evil, Stray Dawg liked this post.