Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Drafts and Mocks - The Countdown to the draft (Part Two)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In addition to Ruiter saying the Browns QB preference order is Garoppolo, Trubisky, Watson...

Pete Prisco‏Verified account @PriscoCBS 2h2 hours ago
    No. 12 and a second next year gets Jimmy G for Cleveland.

Jason ColeVerified account @JasonColeBR
    Replying to @PriscoCBS
    Especially not if you can get the No. 12 pick overall and other picks. Garoppolo's value will never be higher ... unless Brady retires.

I will say it again: There is no rationale football reasoning for keeping Garoppolo if Brady is playing 3-4 more years. None

What times does Garoppolo get traded Thursday?

Browns-Garoppolo is definitely heating up again as Adkins (and others) predicted. If the 12 and one of next year's THREE 2nd round picks gets it done... and the Browns like Garoppolo as much as people say they do... it's gonna get done.

EDIT: Two reasons for the renewed heat are the Patriots recent coyness about a deal, no longer saying he isn't available... and the Pats working out a lot of first round prospects. The Browns interest seems well established and tied to conversations that happened at the league meetings where the Browns floated some offers that did NOT include a first round pick.

There's a sense that the Patriots are leaking a price more reasonable than some we've heard in the past and it's directly aimed at the Browns.

EDIT AGAIN: A little more on this including an exchange between Prisco and Brugler (who's been saying for a long time that the deal should happen): http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...roppolo-042317
    If the Browns are willing use #12 -OR- trade up from #12 to get their preferred QB, then this is a no-brainer if the price is #12 and a 2018 2nd. They absolutely have to pull the trigger. Jimmy is the quickest way to a winner in Cleveland (All the QB's in this draft would benefit from time to develop IMO).

Post Thanks / Like

It would be trading #12 and paying for BO = Jimmy G
    I am proud of you, Hitler, you're taking steps forward. - Brownsdownunder

Post Thanks / Like

Schefter still insisting it won't happen... Prisco insisting he's wrong. Twitter gone mad (madder?) today. The Sobleski-Smith-Ry trio think Trubisky talk is too loud so it must be smoke and they're taking Mahomes. Trapasso says Browns won't get Trubes unless they take him #1 because the Bears are crazy for him.

I still don't even know what I don't know... but it feels like Garoppolo is more "affordable" in draft picks than Trubisky.

Post Thanks / Like

A K.I.S.S. mock.

Garrett, Watson, and Baker. Edge, QB, Safety. Done.

2017 Draft picks:Left: #52, #65, #145, #175, #181, #185, #188
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, J. Peppers, #52, 2018 1st rnd (Texans) & 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles)
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15
    Like Uncle Barrels liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

The Garrett and Trubisky round 1 has settled into the most common final mock. Unless thinks he can QB-whisper someone like Davis Webb (my lease fav selection). Then I'd question Hue over-valuing his skills.

2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, J. Peppers, #52, 2018 1st rnd (Texans) & 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles)
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

Current composite from SB Nation's compilation of 81 mocks, taking the available player who appears on the highest percentage of mocks

# TEAM PICK PCT
    1 CLE Myles Garrett 100.0%
    2 SF Solomon Thomas 69.1%
    3 CHI Jamal Adams 37.0%
    4 JAX Leonard Fournette 54.3%
    5 TEN Marshon Lattimore 33.3%
    6 NYJ Mitchell Trubisky 23.5%
    7 SD Malik Hooker 54.3%
    8 CAR Christian McCaffrey 22.2% (Fournette is higher but already off the board)
    9 CIN Reuben Foster 35.8% (Barnett second in case Foster's diluted test scares them)
    10 BUF Mike Williams 35.8%
    11 NO Derek Barnett 23.5%
    12 CLE Deshaun Watson 24.7% (Trubisky is higher)
    13 ARZ Patrick Mahomes 28.4%
    14 PHI Gareon Conley 18.5% (McCaffrey is higher)
    15 IND Haason Reddick 28.4%
    16 BAL Corey Davis 24.7%
    17 WSH Malik McDowell 11.1% (Reddick is higher)
    18 TEN John Ross 40.7%
    19 TB Dalvin Cook 34.6%
    20 DEN Ryan Ramczyk 39.5%
    21 DET Charles Harris 18.5%
    22 MIA Forrest Lamp 29.6%
    23 NYG Cam Robinson 18.5%
    24 OAK Jarrad Davis 16.0%
    25 HOU Deshone Kizer 7.4% (Watson, Mahomes, Robinson, Ramczyk all higher)
    26 SEA Kevin King 30.9%
    27 KC Zach Cunningham 11.1% (Mahomes higher)
    28 DAL Takk McKinley 11.1% (Harris higher)
    29 GB T.J. Watt 12.3%
    30 PIT Jabrill Peppers 13.6%
    31 ATL Taco Charlton 17.3% (Harris higher)
    32 NO Tre'Davious White 11.1%

Note there is no Jonathan Allen listed. He falls in at 13.6% to Chicago, 27.2% to Jacksonville, 14.8% to San Diego, 12.3% to Carolina, 8.6% to Cincinnati, and 6.2% to New Orleans for a total of 82.7% having him going first round. This also isn't accurate as anyone under 5% gets lumped into "Other."
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count: 84 Browns, 164 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 34 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 294 total.

Post Thanks / Like

Per Schefter and others, trade for JG NOT happening:

As PFT understands it, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has decided that, for 2017, he wants Garoppolo to serve as Tom Brady’s No. 2, and that Belichick will worry about 2018 when 2018 comes. As a practical matter, however, Belichick would have to at least consider whether to depart from that plan if offered enough to get him to stop and think. Appearing last week on PFT Live, Tom Curran of CSN New England said that it would take multiple first-round picks to get Belichick to change his plans.

So if none the potentially interested teams (like the Browns, or maybe the Browns) are willing to put multiple first-round picks on the table, a trade isn’t happening. Which means that, come next year, Belichick will have to decide whether to let Garoppolo walk via free agency, whether to try to sign him to a bridge deal pending Brady’s retirement, or whether to use the franchise tag, either to keep Garoppolo for 2018 or to set up a Matt Cassel-style trade.
    I have heard from multiple sources that BB actually likes Brissett just as much as JG, but that Brissett needs another year of watching. Hence the desire to keep JG as the backup through 2017. BB would then likely put a tag of some sort and attempt to trade...and then withdraw the tag if he doesn't get a bite.

Sounds totally plausible.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

"Hillary Clinton belongs in the White House. Donald Trump belongs on my show."--Jerry Springer
    Cleveland Browns: 13 losing seasons in first 50 years. 15 losing seasons since 1999 -- and counting.
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

It's gonna be what its gonna be. We all have our wishes.
    Thursday night, some of us get our spring Christmas, some of us don't.
    Where it goes from there will be debated sooner, but won't be fully known for several years.
    Like Stray Dawg liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Like NDneighbor liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

1: R1P1
    S JAMAL ADAMS
    LSU

12: R1P12
    EDGE DEREK BARNETT
    TENNESSEE

33: R2P1
    QB DESHONE KIZER
    NOTRE DAME

52: R2P20
    S OBI MELIFONWU
    CONNECTICUT

65: R3P1
    C PAT ELFLEIN
    OHIO STATE

108: R4P1
    TE BUCKY HODGES
    VIRGINIA TECH

145: R5P1
    CB CORN ELDER
    MIAMI (FLA.)

175: R5P31
    WR RYAN SWITZER
    NORTH CAROLINA

181: R5P37
    LB JORDAN EVANS
    OKLAHOMA

185: R6P1
    RB DE'ANGELO HENDERSON
    COASTAL CAROLINA

188: R6P4
    DL D.J. JONES
    OLE MISS

With all the talk of trades over the last 48 or so hours, I wanted to see what I could get by letting the draft come to me on the Fanspeak simulator. Round 6 was hit and hope to say the least...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1dawgfan View Post
    It's gonna be what its gonna be. We all have our wishes.
    Thursday night, some of us get our spring Christmas, some of us don't.
    Where it goes from there will be debated sooner, but won't be fully known for several years.
    Indeed.

When all is said and done I will get behind whoever they drafted within reason and hope they turn out to be the correct choices. We won't know for years as you say and our own personal opinions however informed they are don't hold much weight in the real world, It's a tough gig predicting nfl success for most prospects with so many variables. Atleast we have what I believe to be a competant coaching staff to increase the odds of the players being the correct choices at their positions and being developed the right way going forward.

2012 Barking Hard Pick'em Champion!
    Like Nevada John liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I am proud of you, Hitler, you're taking steps forward. - Brownsdownunder
    Like Nasus, Greythan liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KJP View Post
    That would be nice with Mahomes being the first QB off the board at #12. To me, it would make clear that the Browns are looking for the quarterback with the most potential for the long term. On the other hand, it would likely be more fun if Trubisky was taken earlier by some other team. Then there would be the fun of having incessant argument going forward on whether or not we settled.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz
    Like Nasus, Nevada John, dangerdom liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe we did even try at QB. F-it. A mock:

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see a CB or a utility OL in the second or third round. And I agree with going after Kareem Hunt. I'd be tempted to go with Nixon but I just don't see Browns going after him.
    "Hillary Clinton belongs in the White House. Donald Trump belongs on my show."--Jerry Springer
    Cleveland Browns: 13 losing seasons in first 50 years. 15 losing seasons since 1999 -- and counting.