Thread: Recruiting - 2018 Class

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recruiting - 2018 Class

If anybody would like to talk recruiting, here is the place to do it.

Obviously the 2 most frequent teams of interest here are Ohio State and Clemson. Currently, Ohio State and Clemson sit at 5 & 6 in the 247 Sports composite team rankings; and will be going head-to-head for a couple of major targets - Per Eleven Warriors, we are going head-to-head for:

RB, Zamir White
    DE, KJ Henry
    OT, Jackson Carman
    DB, Anthony Cook
    LB, Teradja Mitchell

They are wrong on quite a bit...and quite frankly, clearly don't have a firm grasp on recruiting.

- Zamir White is a Georgia/Clemson battle - Ohio State has no chance. And to be honest, it's a done deal to UGA.
    - KJ Henry is a Clemson/Alabama battle - Ohio State is way down the list.
    - Anthony Cook is a Clemson/Texas battle - Texas is the big time favorite
    - Teradja Mitchell is a heavy FSU lean

OT Jackson Carman from Fairfield, OH (#1 OT, #8 overall player in the country). Clemson leads and is the team to beat here.

Another prospect they left off is Micah Parsons, DE (#1 WDE, #3 overall player in the country), who just decommitted from PSU. Ohio State is the team to beat here. Clemson already has Xavier Thomas (#1 SDE, #2 overall player in the country) committed, and leads for KJ Henry (#2 WDE, #18 overall player in the country), so I'm not sure how hard we are pushing for Parsons with our limited numbers in this class - although I would assume he is oversign worthy.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions and/or would love to discuss recruiting here.
    Last edited by The_QCT; 04-25-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprise, surprise - things have taken a sudden turn in the Zamir White recruitment, and guess who is now in his top 2? The 0hi0 State Buckeyes.

Spoiler:
    The original reason I said he was done to UGA is because there is a family member with his "hand out", and UGA has cooperated in that regard. Clemson cooled at that point as Swinney looks at that as a character flaw and will not participate in that game. 0hi0 State and Alabama will be more than happy...and they are both all of sudden involved in his recruitment (although not sure how much of a player Alabama is).

White and momma also was there on a recruiting trip recently, right after a couple players got arrested...and that left a bad taste in her mouth (the player arrests). She doesn't want White somewhere he will get in trouble. Now here comes Urban an the Buckeyes...who are more than happy to oblige the family member with his hand out; who will help steer him to 0hio State.

It's not a done deal yet - but it's most likely going to be a UGA vs 0hi0 battle with Clemson not willing to 'play the game'. He is supposed to be making a decision at the end of June - so this is one to follow the visits this month.

As far as the fluidity and standing of the others:

- DE, KJ Henry - I'll be shocked if he isn't a Clemson Tiger in the end. His dad is a coach at Charlotte; and if somebody hires him, that could influence his recruiting.
    - OT, Jackson Carman - 50/50, 0hi0/Clemson
    - DB, Anthony Cook - I would stay Texas & 0hi0 now lead...with Clemson running 3rd. Going to be tough pulling him out of Texas...but I think the Buckeyes can do it.
    - LB, Teradja Mitchell - Still heavy FSU lean.
    Last edited by The_QCT; 05-26-2017 at 06:11 AM.
    Like dangerdom liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on vacation last week, so I'm late on this one, but Mitchell to the Buckeyes. Urban is buying...errr, convincing them all to come to Columbus.

Post Thanks / Like

You're a hater. Relax. It's just recruiting and you could say the same for Swinney and Saban.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

White will most likely commit to UGA on the 27th. Too many 'other' factors involved here.
    Carman is currently 50/50 publicly (0hi0 and Clemson); but I think privately he is a Buckeye lean.
    Henry is still a Bama/Clemson battle with 0hi0 running 3rd.
    Cook is still a Texas/0hi0 battle with Clemson running 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like

As expected, White to UGA