Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Season New Hunger The Must Win Now Season

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if Osman could get some OJT and learn to play some hard ass D same as Shump learning how to make a damn basket.

This slump right now kinda gives me the feeling they just get bored for extended amounts of time in the regular season. They'll be up for this next home game I'm sure.
    Nuff said
    Like Enigmatic Evil, madmadworld liked this post.
    LOL! madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now This

61 off the bench not bad. IT looked good for his first time out. filling it up with 17 in 19 minutes. Jeff Green getting all his 10 @ the line. 15 more made FT, 5 less turnovers helped. 28 dimes on 43 made,, that's team BB.

We closed out strong going up 12 without LBJ. rested KLove most of the second half for the Back to back a smart move by Ty.

Just to thing we are still without Shump(surgery a month off ?) & DRose could be back in a week or so ... maybe sooner.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fun

Guys seem to be having Fun. so much they nearly lost a 23 point lead...lol
    How about that Jedi pass ?
    4 tough games ahead, good to have them so we can work the kinks out.
    Go Cavs

Post Thanks / Like

The D is just not going to cut it against the good teams.
    Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs looked good vs Portland but not so much vs Orlando?

Hmm... D was never going to be our strength this year. Offensive efficiency (the, arguably, single most predictive stat of victory) is the key and Coach Lue will match and mix as necessary. We have guys who are going to get buckets but we need to make sure we're exploiting matchups.

We are ride and die with our second unit. We go where they go.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Uhh...

So given recent discussions, do we start to worry? Or, was it just a bad night?

LeBrons worst game of his career for +/-, -39

Raptors are hot lately, Cavs not so much. Next game should be interesting.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Over the Hoildays

Watched 2016 Finals & a bit of the Parade. so no worries here. lol ..I'm Good

They just were not ready to play Monday. The Wolves were... ready to make a measurement. like most teams do 82 times a season. look for the Cavs to bring the A game for the Rap's. We'll see

Go Cavs

Like Enigmatic Evil, jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Ibaka got himself suspended trying to be tough and picking a fight with James Johnson (whyyyy?)

So... The Raptors are currently ride and die with DeRozan's effort.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

If the Cavs aren't interested the Angry Birds will win.

Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to say that I am not worried about this Cavs team, but over half of the team is collecting social security.
    LOL! madmadworld, jaydog laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch.

Raptors with their most "team game" of the new year and damn... I thought the Cavs would show more life. They just looked tired and the Raps have been in the zone, how do you stop a team like that when you're cold? You don't ...

January games are nice morale boosters but let's see whose hot come the time the games matter.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld, jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 11 games

Before the trade deadline. these guys better start looking better fast. losing games is one thing but looking like pedestrians on D is another. LBJ even was looking ...doing nothing a few times. then went off on his teammates. WTF ?

That garden gnome looks terrible.

Ty needs to call up some practices and BIG time film sessions. Find some Hunger Fellows. or find some players who have some.

Go Cavs

Post Thanks / Like

Default James Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well Ibaka got himself suspended trying to be tough and picking a fight with James Johnson (whyyyy?)
    Our boy is 27-0 as pro fighter... so WTF ..lol

LOL! Enigmatic Evil laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

How come every time I see Osman on the floor he's busting his ass and making plays.

Unlike most of the team.
    Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the pain, the pain...
    Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

TT is an offensive vortex.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr Carr

We sit there in the first half seeing our team being what we wanted to see this season, then the 3rd period starts.

Best Quote of the night was Mr Carr saying "These Cavs are not who they think they are"

Good to see 10 healthy players. our second team could beat almost every team pre LBJ that we ever had. only the Brad Price Harper teams were better. well that 84-85 World B. Free team would of just out physicaled them.#Robbed
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-celtics.html

Post Thanks / Like

This is for shit basketball. LBJ included. He might as well leave now IF he intends to do that. Meaning at least give the team an opportunity to trade you for something and we can rebuild a little quicker with two 1st rd picks, Love, Osman and Auntie whatever.

It's getting closer and closer to taking out the trash time and the trade deadline is closing in. It sucks, but this team is a wreck right now and Lue may not be able to fix it in time.
    Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

I feel this is back to what I've criticized Coach Lue about since day one, he has no idea how to juggle lineups.

He had something that worked, now his two high-value players are back and healthy and he has had to change that in order to integrate them back in to the mix... the result as you all have seen has been ugly bordering on disastrous... its not in danger of derailing the season but I'd be staring the panic button down if not hit it.

IT has looked good, at least on the offensive end of things. Does he have the clout to call out the team about D like he has?

The Cavs roster is full of players who are known to be weak defenders, again this is nothing new. The sudden defensive fragility should be a surprise to no one, least of all LeBron who is surely frustrated because things have caught up with the Cavs...

Coach Lue, if he's worth his salt as a coach, will weather the storm and the Cavs will get through this rut hopefully relatively unscathed.

I'm not so sure he is worth his salt, and never have been.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

The fix is to roll with what was working when IT wasn't here and tell him that we have a good thing right now and you'll have to fit in when you get in and it'll not be as a starter right now.

DO you think Lue would do that and tell IT to be patient? I don't know that he can or has the will to.

Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is as a coach, how do you say that to one of the best offensive players in the game?

A good coach makes it work... What you suggested Jay just creates a new problem.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like jaydog, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Not if these guys are team players working toward a 'ship. I guess that's not a priority these days.
    Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

LOL we both know better than that.

Kyrie wanted out and now he's having the time of his life. Something is amiss in Cleveland. Too many egos in the room? Blatt couldn't handle it... Coach Lue is losing it, just my gut feeling.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like jaydog, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors: My how times have changed... A few years removed from calling for Coach Casey's head now the Raptors are one of the top teams in the east. WTF? Their last game vs Minnesota was ugly but that's a team who seems to be coming together at the right time to make some noise. Andrew Wiggins especially played with tenacity that I'd like to see him bring to the floor every night. Back to Toronto, they have a real nice crop of young talent that will mature in to hopefully two or three long term mainstays at the very least. DeRozan continues with his steadfast progression of becoming better every year, having a career year from beyond the arc (35%) and assists (5/pg) that shows he's bought in to Coach Casey's new philosophy. I think if the Raptors continue to be hot and finish the season top in the East he deserves recognition for Coach of The Year.

Grizzlies: They're 5-5 in their last 10 so they seem to have finally found a balance after firing their head coach. Tyreke Evans has done respectably as their primary option but ideally he's not the guy you want to count on every night. Gasol has been an enigma, statistically he is having one of his best years but there are nights that it's like he's not even on the floor. I don't know if it is an issue of motivation but regardless outside of those two it's a roll of the dice who will be that contributor and if no one steps up odds are that's a rough night for them. 2-12 vs Eastern Conference teams... a huge red circle there wonder if it's anything to do with the majority of those games being road games and they are an awful road team (5-16). Definitely a better team than their record indicates, probably closer to battling for one of the last playoff spots instead of the cellar.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!