Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017-18 Season New Hunger The Must Win Now Season

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised to hear CBS's Matt Moore speculate on The Chasedown pod that things in Memphis could fall off to the point they'd be willing to part with Gasol in exchange for Tristan Thompson & the Cavs' own first (not the Brooklyn) pick.

Not sure why'd they do that unless they're also selling high-ish on Conley for a full-on tank (and with his Achilles situation, is that even possible?). If not, you're probably maxing out at something like what the Mavs have been the last few years, and that's if Parsons is somehow healthy enough to space things for a Conley-Tristan pick & roll.

And if they go full tank, it's probably for one of the highly touted bigs in next year's class, who'd eventually make Tristan superfluous (perhaps sooner rather than later if Thompson's entering the "never 100% healthy" phase of his career).
    Like madmadworld, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.
    LOL! madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a Marc Gasol fan. He's a good player, but we really need a two way wing.

IT can't play D. JR is adequate on D, but not great at any one thing. Shump blows.

That's why we're seeing more Osman I believe. If he can play a little off the bench and get enough OJT to be effective in situations and the playoffs, or as trade bait it's all good.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16
    Like madmadworld, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree on two-way wing being the biggest need, especially if JR's aged out of guarding primary ball handlers. But hopefully, tonight's game against Philly was the start of a major turnaround for Crowder.

One surprising element of Jae's stat profile: he shot better from deep in both of the last two seasons when Isaiah was off the court (32.2/34.8 in '15-16, 37.6/42.4 in '16-'17).

That, along with his play to this point in CLE, makes me wonder if he's the type of guy who thrives in a democratic, ball-moving offense in which relatively equal talents share the rock, as opposed to one that revolves around a star playmaker (or two) — kind of like how DeMarre Carroll has been pretty good in two spots playing in a pass-happy system but never felt he could get it going in Toronto.

Ideally, LeBron's virtuoso passing makes a real difference, and Jae settles in to becomes Bron's new Battier. But in the meantime, I'll keep praying for a Paul George trade.
    Like Enigmatic Evil, jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul George added to this team would be an over the top, 100%, fucking phenomenal addition.

I also think when IT gets back there will be rough spots initially, until he can be assimilated into the lineup. It might cost us a few W's, but we'll be better for it as long as some guys don't pout when their playing time is cut back...One guy in particular is who I'm thinking of and his name rhymes with JR Smith.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finding Ways

To win. this one without Wade. And our D. with the teams shooting 13 & 10 free throws. I'll just say not so physical this one. yet LBJ 1-2 was robbed a few times as always. a good watch with 35 dimes on 48 made. The MVP with 17.
    Easing TT back i with 6 minutes. i guess...???

I don't know about trading for Paul George well renting him really. Thought he's been a bit overrated. last year was his best, but now the Pacers have won more games this year so far without him. who do we trade ? ..a better player in KLove ? when it was Kyrie.... that was a different story.
    That said there will be some offers. my question is ...Who gets him... will it be a blessing or a curse ? not working now in OKC.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

George would give us a guy that can defend the 3 point line better than we can currently and our defense has improved, but I'm not sold. ATL got 114 on us. That sucks. What would a good team do?

Yeah George is not the be all end all, but he is still the best addition this team can make. I can't think of another guy who might be available that would be better. Can you? Not being a dick, but I can't think of anybody off hand that can defend the 3 and still put up a solid offensive game.

Post Thanks / Like

When he's locked in, Paul George is a legit top of the line defender. While the OKC offense is underperforming, they currently have the 3rd best defense in the league.

Another big plus with George is that he's a great catch & shoot guy, something that'd be fully maximized playing next to LeBron. And if Isaiah is a major negative vs Golden State, they'll need a secondary offensive creator like him to keep up with those guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bottom line

What are you guys willing to give up to rent him ?
    change my mind.

This talk seems early to me, OKC should hold on for a month or so . unless they get a offer too good to pass on. they are just a terrible road team now.

Some stats are meaningless if your not winning. When you are the Cavaliers or the Warriors etc of the world teams just seem to pull out their best efforts when playing them.
    Chemistry is everything and LBJ is the best mixer going/ever. that is his best attribute. post game last night Korver was just Still in shock and awe trying to put words together describing LBJ. a 17 year vet.

Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

It's tough to say without having inside info re: Paul & Bron's plans next year while rumors have George LA-bound, there have also been reports he talked with George Hill last summer about potentially teaming up in San Antonio.

If he's less destination-oriented, more focused on contending, the Cavs obviously have a lot to offer. And if bringing him in ups the odds that LeBron stays, that makes including the Brooklyn pick in a deal a whole lot more palatable.

All things being equal, trading Love for him would be a logical alternative, but it's tough to make a swap like that in-season, and Thompson's health/performance make parting with an All-Star big even trickier.

Per reports, the aborted three-team George trade from last summer included Kenneth Faried as a contract dump for DEN/big man insurance for CLE. Maybe Altman could swing a deal for another big, potentially one who's useful against the Warriors.

Gasol & DeAndre Jordan are also out there as potential Thompson replacements, but that's a whole different discussion.
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Per Shelburne & Windhorst:

At this stage of James' career, a roster with two-way players who could help battle his rivals in Golden State would be a huge plus. Other playmakers who can take the burden off James would help as well. That's the reason James and George, the other marquee free agent next summer, have been linked. James aggressively recruited George behind the scenes last summer, selling him on a future together in Cleveland, but the Cavs deal mysteriously fell apart before George was dealt to Oklahoma City.
    LOL! madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to keep the Brooklyn pick and work to get him and still have that pick. That would be the best for us, but probably not for anyone else.

It's also relative to other teams offering for him, but I don't see anyone else with the ammunition and a legit shot at a ship other than us. Except SanAntonio. The Lakers suck. OKC currently has issues, but might be able to right the team if ownership has enough patience.

It's gonna need more time to see where they're at come closer to the trading deadline.

Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Alo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What have these people been batting since LBJ's return ?
    How many times has Love been traded now ? LMAO
    I'll put it this way,,,,, if they were stock traders......Fired.

No way do I trade Love for him without him signing a deal. if that can happen rules wise. remembering Carlos Boozer. even if he could sign..Love is just more of a complete player and a better person. recall this was the guy LBJ wanted day one. that has been long forgotten by the media ... like 4 months after it happened. lol