Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Season New Hunger The Must Win Now Season

Post Thanks / Like

Default 100%

This is what happens.

Where has this been ?

So Jay you must be happy with your guy Jedi.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm
    Like jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

you can tell who needs to earn a spot and those who don't

about time the Cavs smiled.
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Gone: IT, Wade, Frye, Crowder, Shump and Derek Rose

Welcome: Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr, Rodney Hood, George Hill.

Should help the roster heirarchy at the very least.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld, jaydog liked this post.
    LOL! madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Shake that shit up! Now if we can only play some D! And good riddance to IT....the harbinger of doom.
    Like madmadworld, jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shocked

Guess we all knew IT had to go...so badly

But Wade & DRose .........WTF was going on ? that made that happen.
    to me it looked like they were holding DRose back to showcase IT, then he would Take over or at least get 20 off the bench. so much for that thought.

We get 2 bad contracts with Clarkson & Hill. 19 mil with2 left for Hill my gosh ............wtf were the Kings thinking back on July 10, 2017 ? 7 short months ago. oh forget it The Kings
    Clarkson over paid by at least 4 mil too.

The only one who puts a smile on my face is Larry Nance Jr. he plays the game. he should have been getting more minutes the past 3 years. his only sin is not being a 3 point shooter. looked to me the Lakers were holding him back to save money on his next deal.......... maybe ?

Clarkson just looks to be a laid back guy no fire.

On the other hand Rodney Hood got extra fire ..lol.... he needs to control that shit. if he can a good future. takes to many bad shots, I mean when he's cold. kinda like early JR.

LBJ got his work to make these 3 better. no playoff experience for the ex-Lakers, 11 games for Hood last year.

George Hill we know what he is. a overpaid average guard...lol

28 games together to win enough & be ready for the playoffs. that's a tall order. good luck LBJ

plus we have about 7 mill and 2 spots.

Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess we all knew IT had to go...so badly

But Wade & DRose .........WTF was going on ? that made that happen.
    to me it looked like they were holding DRose back to showcase IT, then he would Take over or at least get 20 off the bench. so much for that thought.

We get 2 bad contracts with Clarkson & Hill. 19 mil with2 left for Hill my gosh ............wtf were the Kings thinking back on July 10, 2017 ? 7 short months ago. oh forget it The Kings
    Clarkson over paid by at least 4 mil too.

The only one who puts a smile on my face is Larry Nance Jr. he plays the game. he should have been getting more minutes the past 3 years. his only sin is not being a 3 point shooter. looked to me the Lakers were holding him back to save money on his next deal.......... maybe ?

Clarkson just looks to be a laid back guy no fire.

On the other hand Rodney Hood got extra fire ..lol.... he needs to control that shit. if he can a good future. takes to many bad shots, I mean when he's cold. kinda like early JR.

LBJ got his work to make these 3 better. no playoff experience for the ex-Lakers, 11 games for Hood last year.

George Hill we know what he is. a overpaid average guard...lol

28 games together to win enough & be ready for the playoffs. that's a tall order. good luck LBJ

plus we have about 7 mill and 2 spots.
    Wade in a Cavs uniform was just a conversation piece, a shell of his former self in the twilight of his career with shoulder problems. D-Rose is made of glass and a bad fit for the team. I knew having IT, Rose, and Wade all on the same team would never work.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cliches

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Wade in a Cavs uniform was just a conversation piece, a shell of his former self in the twilight of his career with shoulder problems.
    Still better than half the players getting a check.
    D-Rose is made of glass and a bad fit for the team.
    He only got into 16 of 50+ games so...... but how do we know the fit from that ?
    . I knew having IT, Rose, and Wade all on the same team would never work.
    Easy to say now..lol

The worse thing about IT has always been his mouth. part of that Little syndrome. can't control it......... costing him Millions. my free advice for him is learn some cliches.

Like Enigmatic Evil, jaydog liked this post.
    LOL! jaydog laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I for one love the moves.

Look for LeBron to go into beast mode for rest of the season.

Cedi/Jordan/Larry learn on the fly trying to get LBJ's respect...

IT was one strange little man.
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

I like Jedi, but I also like the guys on this team who play their ass off day in and day out.

That's what is most appreciated by me. Guys on the team that play to win for their teammates, coaches and fans, but most of all themselves. Good things happen to those guys.

Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

Trims off the fat of the roster, that's for sure.

Can only be a good thing, addition by subtraction as many have said. Apologies if any here said it... LeBron is going to be unhindered to do his thing with this roster. Who's the #2 option with Love out? Exactly...

Grizzlies look utterly incompetent after deadline day. Hard Not to all offers for Gasol. Failing to flip Tyreke Evans in to something more, flipping any of the bloated assets... Much in the way the Cavs did. Wallace is an awful GM.

Raptors didn't do much but arguably they didn't need to.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Some GM's can't appreciate the position of their counterpart when negotiating trades.

There has to be some give and take by both parties and if one party is obstinate then potential deals are never consummated.

I felt like the Cavs first deal with the Lakers was a initial trade that had to be done before the others could fall into place. We picked up two way wing players which we desperately need, but they're not all star type talents. Young yes, but I'm not so sure we get Hood or Hill if the Laker deal doesn't fall through.

And maybe we can get a little more from these kids, but they are not all stars right now.

Anyway I believe there was a legit deal on the table for T. Evans that Wallace insisted on too much for and couldn't appreciate that he was getting some good from it too.

He pulled Terrelle Pryor and over estimated his position, IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Add some agents too the above too.
    Nuff said
    Like Enigmatic Evil, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hail Ty

Brad Stevens out coached. had his chance with what was a non team 72 hour before..........LOL but true

That was just outstanding. 22 point road win with LBJ on just 28 minutes

Like jaydog, Enigmatic Evil, Ezrahauden liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Its time

just beat it
    LOL! jaydog, madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

It was an inspirational moment for sure. Now we have to maintain the intensity into the playoffs.

The bonus will be when KLove is on the floor playing well with these new guys, but we definitely looked like we played with a purpose last night in Boston. Good job boys!

Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is they will only get better as they learn to play together and Coach Lue finds the right fit for the lineups. People are talking a lot about the offensive proficiency however the D is probably a huge improvement but I want to see consistency. A big win with the debut of the new foursome is ideal though. Doesn't start out any better than that.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like jaydog, madmadworld, hammertime, Ezrahauden liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's only 2 Games

But
    I was just So impressed how when the Thunder tried to step up our guys had none of it in the 4th. in fact they made plays out of little, JR had 2 key ones. Larry jr too that slap out 3 by Jordon and JR 3/4 save for the Nance's throw down.

Give it up for Ty playing Clarkson & Nance, Green too all the 4th. after that bench bunch pulled away without LBJ,

Getting these 4 player for Kyrie .... still having the pick .....It's only 2 games......

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...an-wojnarowski

Good read. The Kings are garbage.

The Cavs have so much more life but as Woj points out, the single biggest thing might be shaking LeBron and getting him back in.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like Ezrahauden, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I think LBJ is already back in, aka "All In". He's got new positive energy and it looks like it's rubbing off on the new kidz.

#BONUS!

Nuff said
    Like Ezrahauden, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been not motivated to pay much attention all year....it just wasn't a team I was going to sacrifice sleep for. It still isn't lolololololol....at least not in the regular season...playoffs is different. I DID watch the first half of the last two games.

I haven't been watching the NBA all year and I don't know shit about these guys....so my opinion means squaDOOSH.

Regardless....it IS only a few games...but they seemed to have some mojo going and the all important "want to", which many times, in the end, is what wins championships.

I'll be paying much more attention.

Love having a Nance back in the hizzy.

WTF is with the Wade rumors that he was a cancer in the locker room? Very weird considering LBJ and he are friends. If true, I'm guessing Lebron wanted him gone as well.

Go Cavs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just stop it

All the talking heads blowing Smoke/shade on LBJ back side is rich to say the least. busting his ass scoring 39 ....a -7 in a loss. added to the locker room toxicity just might lower Anyone's enthusiasm.

When I heard about the Joy on the flight to Atlanta I knew the right moves were made. when did that ever happen when half the team is traded away ?

Koby just might win GM of the year award. LBJ MVP ...enough said

Ps. that Clarkson contract looks much better now with a C on his uniform. so far...... thank you money bags Gilbert a true Ctown hero

Post Thanks / Like

I don't buy Wade being a cancer. At worst he was homesick, but he played hard when he was here. I heard he was out of shape too. Bottom line is he was to old to be effective every night.

Nance providing offensive rebounds in OKC was phenomenal. Solid D and ++ effort from the kid helps out while K Love is out. Everything is smelling roses 'bout now.

I doubt it's enough to beat the Warriors, but we'll give our best shot. I'm sure of that.

Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

Default More

On those talking heads. over the past few days many of them have totally exposed themselves. they don't watch games but it stops them not from gas bagging over the air waves. any of them that think the Cavs were going to the Finals with that 7-14 team , don't watch the Raptors or Wiz and I wonder about Cavs. if they did they would know LBJ would have to score 55 a night, and could still lose 132 - 130. the D was that bad.

It was a classic case of a coach losing a team those guys could not or would not play tough D.
    IT made no friends. no one misses him.

Back in October most of us thought these guys would just line up and do whatever it took to put a Ring on. WRONG

Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't say much about Lue.

I think IT was giant asshole is all. It infected some guys and made playing with him intolerable. All about the money I presume. It's too bad cause after his sister was killed last year he was a media darling...for a minute... but long enough for the celtics take advantage and pawn his bitching ass on unsuspecting us. Good job by the celtics to keep his red ass foolishness on the down low.

Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    That doesn't say much about Lue.
    My bad
    It was LBJ voice I was referring to ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    celtics take advantage and pawn his bitching ass on unsuspecting us. Good job by the celtics to keep his red ass foolishness on the down low.
    Most of us knew about IT..... no secret
    LBJ and Koby etc ...must of thought he would at least do what he said "This is Lebron's team" < October.