Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Season New Hunger The Must Win Now Season

Post Thanks / Like

Coach Lue has the same problem as Blatt before him, and IMO I mean it makes sense to prioritize your top 8-9 guys but when you have a talented roster as we do that's arguably 12-13 deep, or more, especially if we're at full strength. He needs to be creative. He needs to be aggressive to target mismatches and use creative lineups so that guys are not being bogged down.

Over this win streak
    Vs. Dallas: Essentially an 8 man bench, w Frye getting a token 2 minutes. Every starter gets 34+ Mins, no bench player hits 20 minutes.

Vs. Knicks: 9 man bench, Osman got a token 5 minutes. Better balance here, 3 players off the bench w/ 20+ minutes and Jeff Green had 15+

Vs. Charlotte: 9 man bench, solid distribution: Only LeBron played 35+ minutes, only 2 other players with over 30 minutes. 3 bench players w/ 20 min+ and DWade with 19.

Vs. Clippers: 10 man bench, LeBron played 46 minutes, Love w/ 42... DWade with 37. Kover had solid minutes, half decent distribution.

The minutes are there. Coach Lue has to want to give them. He seems willing to ride the hot hand (such as Wade, +19 and a double double... won't see that every night) and less willing to sit a player who is ice cold (JR Smith, 35 minutes but 5 pts and 33% shooting vs LAC). We have a lot of talent but it falls on Coach Lue to make sure the best team is hitting the court every night.

Yet, as it always has been, we ride and die with LeBron's effort.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

And I know JR is a special case, you've got to let him chuck buckets because some nights it's going to be 5pts but sometimes it's going to be 30.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld, nickers liked this post.
    LOL! madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy Win

JR has become a much better disciplined shooter. (LBJ's eyeballs)
    if he is cold he stops not a bad thing. where as before with the Knicks etc he would just go 4-20 lol
    must say I've never in 50 + years of watching seen a player become a great defensive player this late in his journey. unreal

I can't pick on Ty/LBJ coaching comparing it to Davids days is unfair. imo with zero NBA experience etc. missing 3 starters would kill most teams we have won 5 in a row. now Shump out. it's always something remember... Having the bad third periods a few years ago ?
    now it's the no D starts that's cost us 5/6 wins this year. this has improved now.

It's hard to play players when in close games you need to win. Osman is thinking too much, can't play like that. same story with Zizic.
    Jose had had 2-3 good games but the other lets not talk about. the 29 year old John Holland ... Who is this guy ? ....did he get tried of the Euro league ? lol
    LBJ controls his minutes since his return.

When Bird & Magic came in it changed coaching for players even more so with Magic their BB IQ's were just great. we called feel for the game. coaches before well some were open to a idea, but not sharing the duties. like Riley & Phil did. before players just did what they wanted at times and had the wrath yo go with it. let me add Jerry West he was also a player that was allowed input in his day, and we now know why.

We just need to play like we did against the Pistons and minutes become easy.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as they can be frustrating, EE, there's something to be said for the unBrownsiness of the Grizz
    err, scratch that
    LOL! Enigmatic Evil laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know WTF is going on with Memphis but you don't bench your best player in the 4th Q of any game.

The part that gets me is when Gasol said "They wouldn't do that to Mike..."

Media could have a field day with this. They just need to win some basketball games

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I also think the wrong guy was fired. The incompetent GM should have got the axe.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs with a by the books game. Dominating Philly as they should. Been a fun game to watch...

I am not sure about the Cavs new threads but I like the road whites

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Constructicons

That's what Frye said this bench bunch are. they are just fun to watch. as they put up 57 ........dang 57. DWade their leader doing just that.

LBJ 30 & 13 the other 4 starters with just 26. but it was enough. Jeff Green a Pro's Pro this guy just knows the game and it's showing as this group gels.
    Go Cavs

Post Thanks / Like

The Cavs finally figured out how to play together. Their defense is night and day different from the early season struggles and the bench unit led by D Wade might be the best bench in basketball. Once IT comes back I think we might struggle again as we try to fit him into the game plan, but I love what the Cavs are doing right now. Answering that Celtics win streak with a nice little win streak of our own.
    Like Enigmatic Evil, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    I don't know WTF is going on with Memphis but you don't bench your best player in the 4th Q of any game.

The part that gets me is when Gasol said "They wouldn't do that to Mike..."

Media could have a field day with this. They just need to win some basketball games
    Dude they suck and you should know by now. For shit teams garner tons of drama.

See the Browns.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16
    LOL! Enigmatic Evil, madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I know Jay...

Alo's joke comes from his praise of Memphis and saying they were rather un-Browns for that to happen like two weeks later was fucking hilarious otherwise honestly I wouldn't have even mentioned it here unless mad or someone else brought it up lol.

Bottom line is that this is the third Coach that Wallace has got to burn since firing Hollins at the peak in 2013. It's been all downhill since, while securing fuck all through the draft and seeing the door now to most of the team that forged the identity of those teams. Even Vince Carter had chirps about it in the media.

I love it and I hate it.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld, jaydog liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    That's what Frye said this bench bunch are. they are just fun to watch. as they put up 57 ........dang 57. DWade their leader doing just that.

LBJ 30 & 13 the other 4 starters with just 26. but it was enough. Jeff Green a Pro's Pro this guy just knows the game and it's showing as this group gels.
    Go Cavs
    How many years now have I been harping about the second unit of this team? It seems we finally have a great bench. They play well together and having someone like Wade who can get hot makes a huge difference.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default That does it

How to stop LBJ in the 4th .. eject him ...lol

LOL! Enigmatic Evil, jaydog, Tangelo930 laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    How to stop LBJ in the 4th .. eject him ...lol
    That was such a bizarre moment in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 Straight

Playing 3 games in 4 nights our opening D suffered. but came on strong in the 2nd half.

Ty bring Jedi along so well, he played last night without thinking about it, his best 11 minutes. sure he was a -5 but it was in the 1st half (I think) when we were just sucking.

Go Cavs

Post Thanks / Like

You knew who has impressed me the most...

Jeff Green.

Dude was ass in Memphis. He's really owned his role here but we're also not asking him to do too much. One commentator said during the game vs Miami, "he just comes in, brings his lunch pail and goes to work".

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 11 in a Row

LBJ is better than Ever. in his 15th year. In what sport has this happened before ?
    He's my GOAT now. just for killing that monkey. that feels Good every Day. at this rate he could be holding the record book over his head before he's 40.
    How great it is to watch this ?

This team is gelling. all IT needs to do is ease his way in. Jose will not be missed.

Post Thanks / Like

I think last years slow start ate at LeBron last year, look how quickly things are coming together. He has the most confidence I've seen on the court. Compare to last year, he was trying to do a lot by himself. The thing about LeBron is that he is truly great and can juggle a workload that would make most good-to-great players look mediocre or worse, he can do that and still perform at a level that is among the highest in the league. This year he looks even better because he doesn't have to do all that and can simply do the things he does. He's phenomenal.

As the world turns... an 11 game win streak and an 11 game losing streak. The Grizz, as may or may not previously be noted jettisoned the majority of their experienced talent in lieu for a younger direction and now can't close out close games with the talent that they do have as they try to figure out how to play together and a now interim head coach thrust in to a situation that is probably not ideal. They looked overwhelmed by Cleveland. Do they win that game with the players they didn't keep? Z-Bo, Tony Allen, Vince Carter, etc? I don't know... but regardless the axe did not fall where it should and the Grizzlies weak roster is finally being exposed. It was honestly a decline I anticipated for a few years now as they failed to add pieces to the core which was aging. They just decided to get rid of the core... add Tyreke Evans (who is a modest baller but like a minus Rudy Gay, I'd rather have the real deal back). I'm rambling, it's frustrating.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Cavaliers playing like a well tuned engine, how much credit do we give coach Lue? We will find out when he has to add Rose and IT to the mix.

Grizz finally get the monkey off their back vs Minny, a team that can't seem to get anything right. Thanks to a huge effort from Tyreke Evans the Grizz break a huge slump. He won't play like that every night. Grizz biggest need is obviously a healthy Mike Conley.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

When you hear Peyton's got a small piece of the Grizz & there's a local buyback clause if ownership tries to move the team.

1397602857000-haslam-dee_1455030799471_210276_ver1.0.jpg
    LOL! Enigmatic Evil laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    Cavaliers playing like a well tuned engine, how much credit do we give coach Lue?
    I will give as much as possible. that will be as much as his players pile on Ty. I note the players seem very engaged during to's.

Bring back TT is the sore point imo. his one sided play could be offset by IT. but not sure I even buy that...lol just don't see the value of TT coming back. have not had the moment the past month in any game, where I said we could use TT now. but KLove might disagree.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see how Thomas fits in.

Korver shredded last night when we needed him to.

BTW, thanks for this thread MMW. I need a little sanctuary from the drama in Berea.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

Like Enigmatic Evil, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed Osman is getting minutes here and there and being active. Bonus!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    I can't wait to see how Thomas fits in.

Korver shredded last night when we needed him to.

BTW, thanks for this thread MMW. I need a little sanctuary from the drama in Berea.
    It's been the dirty secret of the forum for a few years now, talking basketball is a nice change of pace.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!