Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017-18 Season New Hunger The Must Win Now Season

Post Thanks / Like

Coach Lue has the same problem as Blatt before him, and IMO I mean it makes sense to prioritize your top 8-9 guys but when you have a talented roster as we do that's arguably 12-13 deep, or more, especially if we're at full strength. He needs to be creative. He needs to be aggressive to target mismatches and use creative lineups so that guys are not being bogged down.

Over this win streak
    Vs. Dallas: Essentially an 8 man bench, w Frye getting a token 2 minutes. Every starter gets 34+ Mins, no bench player hits 20 minutes.

Vs. Knicks: 9 man bench, Osman got a token 5 minutes. Better balance here, 3 players off the bench w/ 20+ minutes and Jeff Green had 15+

Vs. Charlotte: 9 man bench, solid distribution: Only LeBron played 35+ minutes, only 2 other players with over 30 minutes. 3 bench players w/ 20 min+ and DWade with 19.

Vs. Clippers: 10 man bench, LeBron played 46 minutes, Love w/ 42... DWade with 37. Kover had solid minutes, half decent distribution.

The minutes are there. Coach Lue has to want to give them. He seems willing to ride the hot hand (such as Wade, +19 and a double double... won't see that every night) and less willing to sit a player who is ice cold (JR Smith, 35 minutes but 5 pts and 33% shooting vs LAC). We have a lot of talent but it falls on Coach Lue to make sure the best team is hitting the court every night.

Yet, as it always has been, we ride and die with LeBron's effort.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

And I know JR is a special case, you've got to let him chuck buckets because some nights it's going to be 5pts but sometimes it's going to be 30.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld liked this post.
    LOL! madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy Win

JR has become a much better disciplined shooter. (LBJ's eyeballs)
    if he is cold he stops not a bad thing. where as before with the Knicks etc he would just go 4-20 lol
    must say I've never in 50 + years of watching seen a player become a great defensive player this late in his journey. unreal

I can't pick on Ty/LBJ coaching comparing it to Davids days is unfair. imo with zero NBA experience etc. missing 3 starters would kill most teams we have won 5 in a row. now Shump out. it's always something remember... Having the bad third periods a few years ago ?
    now it's the no D starts that's cost us 5/6 wins this year. this has improved now.

It's hard to play players when in close games you need to win. Osman is thinking too much, can't play like that. same story with Zizic.
    Jose had had 2-3 good games but the other lets not talk about. the 29 year old John Holland ... Who is this guy ? ....did he get tried of the Euro league ? lol
    LBJ controls his minutes since his return.

When Bird & Magic came in it changed coaching for players even more so with Magic their BB IQ's were just great. we called feel for the game. coaches before well some were open to a idea, but not sharing the duties. like Riley & Phil did. before players just did what they wanted at times and had the wrath yo go with it. let me add Jerry West he was also a player that was allowed input in his day, and we now know why.

We just need to play like we did against the Pistons and minutes become easy.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm