Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 25

Thread: Kizer: Not a good look...

  1. #1
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    6,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Kizer: Not a good look...

    They can cut him now... But of course you'll all stick up for him.. Hes your QB.. Not mine..

    http://www.12up.com/posts/5660094-de...ty?a_aid=40396
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    not close enough to a beach
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Saw that, Brian Kelly looks to be correct with his opinion on his former QB.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    923
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Damn. Bad job outta Kizer. Let's start perusing next year's QBs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nickers: *profanity-laden post disparaging the Cleveland Browns ownership, front office, coaching, players and at least half the fan base in the most offensive manner his limited vocabulary can garner*

    Kizer: Nate Washington tweets @Kizer, condemning the Browns while also telling his young friend to keep his head up. Kizer likes.

    Nickers: Cut him! Cut him! This dimwit little bitch isn't worth shit. I told you guys these flashy, black QBs never work. And Hue's dumbass needs to go to. And Sashi too. And the Haslams are the worst owners in sports..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    8,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Unreal. A like of a single tweet is now enough to condemn?

    I think the author of the article summarized this snippet of news quite well:

    Washington indirectly put Kizer in a pretty tough position.

    On one hand, Kizer still is a member of the Browns so he shouldn't be liking discouraging tweets about the team. At the same time, Washington is a guy who played over a decade in the league and is someone who Kizer is well within his right to respect and look up to.

    If Washington is offering advice and a positive word of encouragement, Kizer should want to acknowledge him, but again, liking the tweet doesn't exactly send the best message either.

    In the end, maybe no response and a private DM would've been the best course of action, but it's hard to condemn a 21-year-old who just lost his job after only five starts.
    Like Tangelo930 liked this post.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    who cares .... i could care less what happens on twitter
    Like Martin Eden liked this post.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    8,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ill advised "like". Maybe it meant nothing, but I doubt Kizer is that stupid.

    In any case, who cares.

    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ill advised "like". Maybe it meant nothing, but I doubt Kizer is that stupid.

    In any case, who cares.
    Well, I kind of care. Of course that is just me because--unlike you--I haven't yet given up on Kizer.

    (And before you say you haven't given up on him, I think that "who cares" is a pretty good indicator.)
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    923
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Probably worth mentioning that I don't see that like under his likes on twitter, so he must have removed the like. Maybe it was an accident? Or maybe he realized people could see it and then removed it? Idk. In any case, I don't like that he liked that tweet bashing his own team. Hopefully it means nothing, but unfortunately -- given the murky state of the franchise right now, people are going to overanalyze every little thing like this. I don't have the energy to defend the Browns anymore. They aren't giving me any ammo to use in their favor. It's sad and I hate it because I don't enjoy being negative about the team.
    Like Chuck Brown liked this post.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    8,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Part of the tweet said "Hold ya head @DKizer!! #419own".

    The rest of it was a complete slam of the Browns.

    He liked it (perhaps for the last line which I quoted above) and subsequently removed the like.

    I'm with Eastside on this one: Who cares.
    Like DawgFan, hh22OO liked this post.

  11. #11
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    6,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MKO3090 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nickers: *profanity-laden post disparaging the Cleveland Browns ownership, front office, coaching, players and at least half the fan base in the most offensive manner his limited vocabulary can garner*

    Kizer: Nate Washington tweets @Kizer, condemning the Browns while also telling his young friend to keep his head up. Kizer likes.

    Nickers: Cut him! Cut him! This dimwit little bitch isn't worth shit. I told you guys these flashy, black QBs never work. And Hue's dumbass needs to go to. And Sashi too. And the Haslams are the worst owners in sports..
    So you want to turn this into a race issue?.. Thats on you.. Might help you to know kizer is Mulatto... Before you make another stupiid comment.. Let me inform you I was a huge Warren Moon and Steve McNair fan... So please.. Keep your ignorance to yourself.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!
    Like Lou Groza liked this post.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Part of the tweet said "Hold ya head @DKizer!! #419own".

    The rest of it was a complete slam of the Browns.

    He liked it (perhaps for the last line which I quoted above) and subsequently removed the like.

    I'm with Eastside on this one: Who cares.
    Really no excuse. If the "Hold ya head" had been at the top and the predominant theme, it might have been excused as a quick look and a quick like without actually reading the slam at that Browns. But it wasn't. The slam was at the top and the predominate theme.

    It very well might be that the kid is done for in Cleveland. If so, he probably won't get a chance anywhere else either. Regardless, right now, I am hoping that Hogan finishes the season
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    8,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have the energy to defend the Browns anymore.
    This.

    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown
    Like Brownsfan, Stray Dawg liked this post.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    8,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This board has lost its mind. (Not that there's anything new about it.)
    Like Brownsfan liked this post.
    Dislike nickers disliked this post.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    458
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People actually still use the term "mulatto" nowadays?
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

    "Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

    Cleveland autograph count as of 12/12/17: 100 Browns, 185 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 333 total.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chief BlueJacket's town
    Posts
    12,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ...and additionally, this too:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... I don't have the energy to defend the Browns anymore. They aren't giving me any ammo to use in their favor. It's sad and I hate it because I don't enjoy being negative about the team.
    Like I said earlier, until they win a few, I'm not full on behind defending them. Sure, I started the thread about positives, but it really wasn't THAT positive.

    Tribe's out. Cavs won't plug-in until April anyway.

    I can see draft season around the corner. I may or may not watch this Sunday.

    As far as the OP, Kizer should take this as an opportunity to continue to learn. It's the only approach to do.
    Last edited by OconRecon; 10-12-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

    Draft countdown clock: http://www.draftcountdown.com/
    Like TheBestPlayersPlay, nickers liked this post.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tijeras, NM and Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    4,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This board has lost its mind. (Not that there's anything new about it.)
    Glad you're here to save the day
    God Bless America

    "They Love ta Hate Me"

    "Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

    "there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"
    Like Brownsfan liked this post.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    8,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToastedPagel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People actually still use the term "mulatto" nowadays?
    No.
    Like ToastedPagel liked this post.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tijeras, NM and Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    4,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    C'mon nickers. The tweet and the like are just confirming what you've been telling us. "Kizer is garbage" and "the Browns suck"
    God Bless America

    "They Love ta Hate Me"

    "Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

    "there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"
    Like nickers liked this post.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is the knee-jerkiest of knee-jerk reactions yet.

    Can't wait to see what this place looks like when we're pushing 0-10... 0-15...
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like Greythan liked this post.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    923
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't wait to see what this place looks like when we're pushing 0-10... 0-15...
    It's not going to be pretty. And honestly I can't even blame people for all of the doom and gloom right now. The Browns have earned every bit of criticism they get. Even over the dumb little things like this. I usually try and accentuate the positives with this team, but I can't get past 1-20.
    Like nickers, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really hope it doesn't get to that point.
    When you think things can't get much worse... Browns gonna Brown.
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hate saying this but it will...

    I mean sure throw a "probably" "likely" etc, in there if it makes you feel better but... I don't see us winning many football games right now, certainly not enough to make this season feel better.

    A three game win streak would do it for me.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A post after I just said we should use Tangelo's thread as a hub lmao, I suck at this right now and I'm not even drunk posting! :P

    For Kizer, I think he's got to put his head in the sand and just bust his ass and keep out of sight for a while. Hogan's going to ball, he should just focus on working right now. Not a good week for him.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •