Thread: Quit eating canned raviolis and spaghettios... they load that shit with estrogen... thats why kids are such sissies today...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quit eating canned raviolis and spaghettios... they load that shit with estrogen... thats why kids are such sissies today...

Seems to be a talking point.

Not so much the canned food subject, but rather the ever changing subject of generations being compared to the previous generations.

Anyways, this seems as good as anyplace to post your thoughts and issues.

Thread title is compliments of Nickers!
    just beat it
    Thanks Enigmatic Evil, nickers, madmadworld says thanks for this post.
    LOL! madmadworld laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I have many thoughts on this topic but I will visit the topic when I'm not in a emotionally volatile state :P First thing in the morning is a time of calm
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the water still turning the frogs gay?
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count as of 11/2/17: 97 Browns, 177 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 322 total.

Post Thanks / Like

Being discussed on another thread is an hourly wage of 12-16bucks an hour not providing quality employees.

I do not find this surprising. There is a trend in the trades of guy/gals not wanting to put the time in needed to become experienced.

This was an issue when I was an apprentice years ago. Fast forward 28 years(yes 28) I feel its an issue still.

What does this all mean? Trades are only one example. The oil changing discussed in the other thread seams like a pointless job (saying for dramatic effect only)that really isn't a direct line to being a mechanic.

I've built numerous dealerships and im not sure there all the way to go when pursuing a journeyman status.

Anyways, fire away with your experiences.
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

What about many tradesman who have problem breaking in because they can't find somewhere to act as an apprentice? I am not sure this is as prevalent in the united states where there's simply a larger volume of everything but perhaps there are certain, older, individuals who are holding on to their professions not wishing to pass it down to a younger generation?

That's me putting my tinfoil hat on.

Also an issue in Canada, 16 bucks is barely above minimum wage (which is 15 dollars in many provinces).

The issue of wage, "living wage" or whatever you like to call it, is growing in prevalence around the world including here.

I think there are those who want to put in the time, but lack opportunities. That's what I come across in Canada.

One of the biggest regrets I've made in my life is not pursuing trades school after taking trades math in grade 9 lmao. But hey I wanted to take all-year shop class :P

I was never the best at planning for the future anyway but hey what's a guy to do when growing up he's told to do a certain thing (go to university, find a career, etc) only to find that suggested path has saddled him with almost all the debt he can handle and no career related prospects without further education.

When I was growing up, the narrative was "go to school, get a degree" now it's "you need a master's degree" or something more. Things are more expensive, you need more education, it's harder to get trades experience, etc.

The world's changing but I do honestly believe that my generation is a flux generation. Some may make excuses but the world changed so much in the 15-ish years that define "Millenials" but what that's done is basically those of us who were on top of things due to intuition or opportunity are thriving, those behind the ball are REALLY behind the ball and for some it's not by choice. Keep in mind low income/lower class people simply do not have the opportunity they once did.

Society as we know it in NA is a meritocracy, whether we like it or not. You get as far as you can based on what you have access to. Not everyone has the same ease of access to the same perks. All I can hope is that I leave my daughter with more access to opportunity than I had, and that furthermore I raise her with the wherewithal to take it where she wants it. Opportunity isn't what it was 30 years ago. Money doesn't have the value it had 30 years ago either. Money is worth the same and yet things cost waaay more... do the math. It's basic.

I can go on and on, but ageism is bullshit. Period. It really pisses me off lol
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Like hammertime, madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Every generation points fingers at upcoming generation and quips of their shortcomings.

That's when you know your "wise" lol.
    I do hope that the traditional family structure can be upheld by the new generations though. That's something that's been lacking for awhile now.
    just beat it
    Like madmadworld, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.
    LOL! Enigmatic Evil laughed at this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life

The old people I met growing up born before say 1920 were just tougher & smarter, not everyone but still. life was just harder. sure younger people even my generation of boomers have improved on their inventions and such, yet no real ground breaking stuff.

Back in C-town the trades were devastated by globalization so much so nepotism was the near only way in or being a woman. the Wife got in in the 80s she was one of the few Operating Engineers in the area. she could have got into just about any choice.

Wages .. well that's why we hear the "living wage" stuff. just heard the other day it started in 1973.. that's sounds right to me.
    for the hard working/thinking few it's easier to become wealthy at the same time strangely enough.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm
    Like Enigmatic Evil liked this post.