Thread: Thomas Mayo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thomas Mayo

I thought this would be fun. This kid just worked out at the Pitt and D2 pro days. Posted a 4.41, and a 41" vertical.

Keep your eyes on #19 Thomas Mayo. I'm talking about burst, strength, body control, catching the ball with his hands, the real deal wrapped in a 6'2" 214 lb package.

Since y'all probably don't catch a whole lot of PSAC ball, I thought you might find this interesting.

1.) Pick it up at 2:18. Blows a 9 route past off coverage... little low nudge to get space, catches the ball with his hands.
    2.) 6:25. Just your basic bubble screen... little burst.

This one you can pick up at about 12:22. Love a guy who'll make a play for you when you need one.

One More:

1.) 1:53 Al Davis Special
    2.) 5:34 Little curl route and some burst.

Two things here... yes, there's a little bit of man among boys going on here. Secondly... these two guys may be the worst announcers in all of college football. But, hey, it's D2.

-jj
    Last edited by jason j; 03-18-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What round we talking about? Thanks for the report, it would be fantastic to find a later round gem @ WR.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

He's got a 4th round grade in most spots. I've seen as high as 3rd as low as 7.

-jj

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to add this here. I love when young players do this.

Pick it up at 1:12
    Mayo split to the near side. He picks up the man coverage (safety is manned up on the TE to the near side). He makes the site adjustment, flips the hand signal to the QB - Touchdown. Now he's not going to run away from NFL corners like that. But 4.41 is legit speed in the NFL. And this kid has a nice frame and great hands.

-jj

Post Thanks / Like

Signed with Oakland Raiders.

-jj

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping we would take a look at him. Such is life in Browns town.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown