Thread: Derek Lowe - Cry Much?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Derek Lowe - Cry Much?

After Mat Latos offered up a little inside heat, Derek Lowe went off:

"Dusty will deny it. It has everything to do with him. You can go ask him. He'll deny it like he has no idea. They've been trying to do this [stuff] for years. I'd always come up with men on base. To say it didn't come from Dusty, Mat Latos was with the San Diego Padres the last four years. He has no idea what's going on. Again, you can ask him and he'll say he doesn't know [anything] about it like he always does. This goes back to my last year with the Dodgers. He made up some [bogus] story. A lot of people got involved. People almost got fired over it. You can go ask him right now and he'll say he has no idea what you're talking about. But just watch the game. Mat Latos has nothing to do with anything that has gone on. How would he know? Why in the [world] would you throw a 96 mph fastball, first pitch, inside to a pitcher? Ask him.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...for-each-other

Post Thanks / Like

Soap opera. Wonder what happened back then.
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soap opera. Wonder what happened back then.
    Exactly TBPP... my thing is that if he wants to take the high road and not come out and say what supposedly happened that Baker will never admit to, than take the high road and don't say anything. And if he's going to say something happened and claim people almost lost their jobs over it, he might as well just come out and say everything. Don;t leave us with some heresay and no facts..

It would be one thing if he got hit, but he didn't... he got brushed back. And honestly, from what I've seen from Latos this season, I don't even think he got brushed back. Latos has bad command on his inside stuff. Especially the heat. He's ruffled more than a few feathers this year with that pitch. I think Lowe is in the twilight of his career, the last time he was any good was when he was on the Dodgers, and he's not handling it well.

Dusty is far from perfect, but he's not holding a grudge over Derek Lowe.