Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barking Hard Pro-Football Pick 'Em - 2012 Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to move up four spots! Only a couple behind but, I could have a week like last week and, be down at the basement again.

Post Thanks / Like

I remembered to make my pick for today's game this week! *HINT HINT*
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I screwed the pooch and forgot to get my picks in this week. First time in three years that has happened. I had a busy Sunday and it hit me around 1/2 hour after the 1:00 pm games started. Well back to dragging my ass back up the leader board. I thought I'd be a lot farther behind after making 1 correct pick in the afternoon/MNF games. Doh!

Post Thanks / Like

Happens to everyone Vegas... Don't let my exhaust fumes drown you from the competition

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

11/14. bring it.

2012 Barking Hard Pick'em Champion!

Post Thanks / Like

Dangerdom dominated this week with 11 points (as he noted above) to re-take the lead this week. BrownieBornAndRaised was second this week with 9 correct picks while Brown Out and I were tied for third in the pick-em with 8 correct picks this week. The top players are starting to pull away from the pack here at the mid-way point of he season, with 10 points separating the top six players.

<table id="top-50" class="standings-table"><thead><tr><th scope="col" class="rank first">Rank</th> <th scope="col" class="team">Pick Set Name</th> <th scope="col" class="totalpoints ">Total Pts</th> <th scope="col" class="totalpoints last">W-L</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">1</td> <td class="team">dangerdom</td> <td class="totalpoints ">62</td> <td class="totalpoints last">62-53</td> </tr> <tr class="my-team"> <td class="rank first">2</td> <td class="team">Enigmatic Dawg Pound</td> <td class="totalpoints ">60</td> <td class="totalpoints last">60-55</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">3</td> <td class="team">BrownOut</td> <td class="totalpoints ">54</td> <td class="totalpoints last">54-61</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">4</td> <td class="team">Francis</td> <td class="totalpoints ">53</td> <td class="totalpoints last">53-62</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">5</td> <td class="team">AustinDawg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">53</td> <td class="totalpoints last">53-46</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">6</td> <td class="team">Vegasdogg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">52</td> <td class="totalpoints last">52-63</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">7</td> <td class="team">BrownieBornAndRaised</td> <td class="totalpoints ">51</td> <td class="totalpoints last">51-64</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">8</td> <td class="team">OMG I have no clue III</td> <td class="totalpoints ">49</td> <td class="totalpoints last">49-66</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">9</td> <td class="team">nohome</td> <td class="totalpoints ">42</td> <td class="totalpoints last">42-73</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">10</td> <td class="team">Maturbin Isdurte</td> <td class="totalpoints ">29</td> <td class="totalpoints last">29-86</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">11</td> <td class="team">Mole</td> <td class="totalpoints ">7</td> <td class="totalpoints last">7-108</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">12</td> <td class="team">@BrksfromthePnd</td> <td class="totalpoints ">6</td> <td class="totalpoints last">6-8</td></tr></tbody></table>

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

THURSDAY GAMES!!!!!! Every damn time.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG hasn't lost a game today - she got all the morning games correct.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hiway was due for a big week, she had a pretty good one a couple of weeks ago too.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

fucking great, I missed the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Grim, Dom.

Ill post a update later (mental note) and ill try to downplay your absence this week...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fucking great, I missed the week.
    I did the same a few weeks back. You did what I did - got at least one pick correct to save a goose egg.

I am slowly climbing back into it after being down 11. This league is cool that way - you can be down, get back into it, and be in contention until another crappy week. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Been a few weeks since I posted an update so I'll cover the weeks that were missed here

WEEK 9: Myself and Nohome tied with 11 picks each, Three others had 9 picks and there were a few no-shows. OF those who picked, nobody had fewer than 7 correct picks which paved the way for...

WEEK 10: Francis, Dom and OMG all lead the way with 7 points in a week where nobody had more than this, Vegas and I had 6 points and a few pickers had 5. A rather dreadful week for everyone in the pick-em!

WEEK 11: Hiway terrorized on her way to 12 points and the closest thing to a perfect week any of us have had yet (two incorrect picks, and only because the teams against the ones she picked covered the spread) Vegas had 10 correct picks and Francis came third this week with 9. Dom and I had poor weeks which allowed the pack to catch up a bit (and Dom didn't lose much ground, though he did lose second place)...

HERE'S THE STANDINGS:

<table id="top-50" class="standings-table"><tbody><tr class="my-team"><td class="rank first">1</td> <td class="team">Enigmatic Dawg Pound</td> <td class="totalpoints ">81</td> <td class="totalpoints last">81-76</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">2</td> <td class="team">Francis</td> <td class="totalpoints ">78</td> <td class="totalpoints last">78-79</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">3</td> <td class="team">dangerdom</td> <td class="totalpoints ">77</td> <td class="totalpoints last">77-80</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">4</td> <td class="team">Vegasdogg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">76</td> <td class="totalpoints last">76-81</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">5</td> <td class="team">OMG I have no clue III</td> <td class="totalpoints ">75</td> <td class="totalpoints last">75-82</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">6</td> <td class="team">BrownieBornAndRaised</td> <td class="totalpoints ">73</td> <td class="totalpoints last">73-84</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">7</td> <td class="team">AustinDawg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">73</td> <td class="totalpoints last">73-68</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">8</td> <td class="team">BrownOut</td> <td class="totalpoints ">71</td> <td class="totalpoints last">71-86</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">9</td> <td class="team">nohome</td> <td class="totalpoints ">58</td> <td class="totalpoints last">58-99</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">10</td> <td class="team">Maturbin Isdurte</td> <td class="totalpoints ">29</td> <td class="totalpoints last">29-128</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">11</td> <td class="team">Mole</td> <td class="totalpoints ">7</td> <td class="totalpoints last">7-150</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">12</td> <td class="team">@BrksfromthePnd</td> <td class="totalpoints ">6</td> <td class="totalpoints last">6-50</td></tr></tbody></table>

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

still kicking myself I missed a week. providing I got atleast 4 right (safe assumption) i'd be in the lead

Post Thanks / Like

i'm back baby.

Post Thanks / Like

WEEK 12: A week after a mind lapse, dangerdom came right back leading the way with 12 points this week. @BrksfromthePnd had 11 correct picks this week and I took the third best score home with 10 correct picks. The top five are trying to distance themselves from the pack but the never say die attitude of some of the pick 'ers is keeping the scores close. Hiway usurped Vegas in the top 5 and dom took second place back from Francis.

Here's the STANDINGS:

<table id="top-50" class="standings-table"><tbody><tr class="my-team"><td class="rank first">1</td> <td class="team">Enigmatic Dawg Pound</td> <td class="totalpoints ">91</td> <td class="totalpoints last">91-81</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">2</td> <td class="team">dangerdom</td> <td class="totalpoints ">89</td> <td class="totalpoints last">89-83</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">3</td> <td class="team">Francis</td> <td class="totalpoints ">87</td> <td class="totalpoints last">87-85</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">4</td> <td class="team">OMG I have no clue III</td> <td class="totalpoints ">83</td> <td class="totalpoints last">83-89</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">5</td> <td class="team">Vegasdogg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">81</td> <td class="totalpoints last">81-91</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">6</td> <td class="team">AustinDawg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">80</td> <td class="totalpoints last">80-76</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">7</td> <td class="team">BrownieBornAndRaised</td> <td class="totalpoints ">79</td> <td class="totalpoints last">79-93</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">8</td> <td class="team">BrownOut</td> <td class="totalpoints ">71</td> <td class="totalpoints last">71-101</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">9</td> <td class="team">nohome</td> <td class="totalpoints ">58</td> <td class="totalpoints last">58-114</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">10</td> <td class="team">Maturbin Isdurte</td> <td class="totalpoints ">36</td> <td class="totalpoints last">36-136</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">11</td> <td class="team">@BrksfromthePnd</td> <td class="totalpoints ">17</td> <td class="totalpoints last">17-54</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">12</td> <td class="team">Mole</td> <td class="totalpoints ">7</td> <td class="totalpoints last">7-165</td></tr></tbody></table>

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we're not taking out the low week this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    I guess we're not taking out the low week this year?
    taking out the low week?

Post Thanks / Like

WEEK 13: We've got another lead change after dangerdom lead the way with 10 points. He managed to wrangle the lead back in what's quickly becomming a two horse race. Brksfromthepnd and Hiway tied with 8 points each and I had the third most points with 7. What does that mean for the standings? The top of the pack is quickly separating itself, and that will make the final quarter of the season especially important with 8 points separating the top 4 players. Austindawg and Vegas aren't out of the hunt yet, but they're losing ground and time.

<table id="top-50" class="standings-table"><tbody><tr class="even"><td class="rank first">1</td> <td class="team">dangerdom</td> <td class="totalpoints ">99</td> <td class="totalpoints last">99-89</td> </tr> <tr class="my-team"> <td class="rank first">2</td> <td class="team">Enigmatic Dawg Pound</td> <td class="totalpoints ">98</td> <td class="totalpoints last">98-90</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">3</td> <td class="team">Francis</td> <td class="totalpoints ">92</td> <td class="totalpoints last">92-96</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">4</td> <td class="team">OMG I have no clue III</td> <td class="totalpoints ">91</td> <td class="totalpoints last">91-97</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">5</td> <td class="team">AustinDawg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">86</td> <td class="totalpoints last">86-86</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">6</td> <td class="team">Vegasdogg</td> <td class="totalpoints ">86</td> <td class="totalpoints last">86-102</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">7</td> <td class="team">BrownieBornAndRaised</td> <td class="totalpoints ">79</td> <td class="totalpoints last">79-109</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">8</td> <td class="team">BrownOut</td> <td class="totalpoints ">74</td> <td class="totalpoints last">74-114</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">9</td> <td class="team">nohome</td> <td class="totalpoints ">58</td> <td class="totalpoints last">58-130</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">10</td> <td class="team">Maturbin Isdurte</td> <td class="totalpoints ">36</td> <td class="totalpoints last">36-152</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="rank first">11</td> <td class="team">@BrksfromthePnd</td> <td class="totalpoints ">25</td> <td class="totalpoints last">25-62</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="rank first">12</td> <td class="team">Mole</td> <td class="totalpoints ">7</td> <td class="totalpoints last">7-181</td></tr></tbody></table>

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdom View Post
    taking out the low week?
    In past years, the game was set up so that your lowest score throughout the season would just be taken off your total. In the event that you forgot to pick during a particular week you wouldn't be disadvantaged because that week would be stricken from the record so to speak.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    In past years, the game was set up so that your lowest score throughout the season would just be taken off your total. In the event that you forgot to pick during a particular week you wouldn't be disadvantaged because that week would be stricken from the record so to speak.

Sorry, I either didn't see that option or forgot it or something. So, no, that's not an option this year. I *could* change it, I suppose, but I think it's too late for that now.

However, even if you miss Thursday games or early Sunday games, you can still pick late games and the Monday games. Deadline for picks is 5 minutes before the game starts.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the deadline to stop sucking every week?

Post Thanks / Like

Uhh... There's only 3 weeks left so you don't want to leave it up to the last week Vegas

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

do we tip the playoffs?