Thread: Indians offseason

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indians offseason

I don't know about you guys, but the FO has actually made me excited for this upcoming year. Granted the FA market this year wasn't the as great as years passed, but the tribe went out and got arguably the 2nd best player in Swisher and another guy at the top of the market in Michael Bourn. Turned Shin Soo Choo into a starting outfielder with speed and power (Stubbs) and possibly a front of the rotation prospect in Bower.

Our new look outfield is probably gonna be Brantley, Stubbs, and Bourn. Bourn moves Swisher to first and then Reynolds to dh. We will have good D... speed, and power. If we can stay healthy we might give the tigers a run for their money this upcoming year.

You can learn a line from a win, and a book from a defeat.~Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, I am excited to see how they fare this season. Nice to see the Dolans actually spending some money, although I'm sure the sale of their cable company STO had a lot to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

The most savvy pickup they made this offseason was in Mike Aviles. Brett Myers is alright but his deal doesn't thrill me. Their pitching is still weak, I'd trade Perez for a true catcher and hand the job to Pastano, who seems more steady to me. We need Kyle Lohse but I'm worried about the price tag. He's no ace and the Indians aren't in a position to pay another above average guy big money.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

All they did was switch Choo for Swisher and signed Bourn. A decent upgrade in the outfield overall.

They signed Reynolds for Hafner which I guess is another slight upgrade in that Reynolds might play 140 games instead of the 75 Hafner usually played.

They got a prospect starting pitcher and a whole lot more prospects......

So, they were 68-94 last year. Even if everything plays out in their favor we are still looking at 81-81!

That's with a 13 game bump in wins! All these "positive" moves and we will have to bust our asses to get to 500 baseball.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Swisher is playing 1B, Stubbs will be RF. They're looking like a completely different team in Arizona right now. It's still early, but with Francona at the helm I think the team will be surprisingly good. Maybe not quite Washington/Texas/Tampa Bay good, but much better than the Indians of the last 4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

A little bit late but:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICZ9D-FM73E[/ame]

Ziggy
    http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1122_6.gif