Doing a 180 on Farmer | Page 9 | Barking Hard

Doing a 180 on Farmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, it hasn't been stated explicitly. I just hope we do make a move for Andre Johnson or Denarius Moore. We have two firsts next draft, we can give up a later pick for help.

It's the weakest unit on the team (on paper). Hope springs eternal and shit happens. But my main point is that if you're gonna have a weak spot, WR might be the best place to do it. They're REALLY dependent on QB play.

Don't wanna be weak at QB, first and foremost. Don't want a bad OL. Don't want a Falcons defense. Browns are good in all those areas.

If I were to pick one spot to be weak (on paper), it'd be WR. If you have a good QB who gets protection, has a running game, and doesn't have to play catch up a lot, you can find WRs. Almost a direct quote of Saint Bill Walsh.

But yeah, looking at the roster... please. We all know WR isn't strong.

I hope we add Moore, he'd be our best receiver... lol... oy.

I don't know why it's hard to accept that the receiving corps is a weakness. There's never been a perfect roster before, and there's not now.

With the limited information we have at this stage of the season, I don't think people are disagreeing with you. It's certainly the position with the most unanswered questions.

I think some, like Shep, of are debating how much that matters in this offense. I'm debating that it's premature to come to any conclusions about the WR corps until we see it in action -- especially some of these young players like Charles Johnson, Chandler Jones, Willie Snead, Jonathon Krause and now that waterbug Taylor Gabriel. I think there's a very good chance one of those kids "hits" (my money is on Johnson) and a fair chance a second one hits, too.

Whaddya say we get a box of popcorn and see what happens?
jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

It's the weakest unit on the team (on paper). Hope springs eternal and shit happens. But my main point is that if you're gonna have a weak spot, WR might be the best place to do it. They're REALLY dependent on QB play.

Don't wanna be weak at QB, first and foremost. Don't want a bad OL. Don't want a Falcons defense. Browns are good in all those areas.

If I were to pick one spot to be weak (on paper), it'd be WR. If you have a good QB who gets protection, has a running game, and doesn't have to play catch up a lot, you can find WRs. Almost a direct quote of Saint Bill Walsh.

It's interesting that after weeks of telling us the Browns will be fine at WR -- and a long a tough debate between the pro and cons on this issue -- now we are hearing some of these "WR is not a weakness" people admit that the Browns are not strong at WR. Mmmm.

This may be true but, still, you don't want to be weak anywhere! The NFL is simply too competitive and deensive coordinators will zero in on any weakness and exploit it. Another non-strength area for the Browns that needs to improve is LB. We need to get a lot more out of Kruger, Mingo and Sheard and we need to get better play out of the #2 ILB as Robertson totally stank in 2013 against the pass. I'm somewhat hopeful there.

AO I think there is a reality gap for some on this board. Every year we hear the same bullshit. Last year it was mingo would set the rookie sack record and our inside LBers were fine. This year it's dont worry about the WR's, yes they have been stiffs or injured for years but by God now that they have on Browns uniforms all of that will go away and they will emerge as stars. Utter bullshit. It was also "our DB's will be fine because Hortons overwhelming pass rush will protect them"....How'd that work out? Not so good...Hortons gone, half of the defensive backfield has been replaced/upgraded and now these same simple minds are soooooooo happy about those changes. How many minds can one person possess?

The thing I like best about you and some others here is we call it as it is not as we hope it willl be. Browns fans have lived on hope long enough, it's now time to hold this FO accountable to reality. I have a saying I use in business, "Hope is not a plan". This front office would do well to adopt it. For that matter so would aome of the fans. It wouldsoften their disappointment as the season unravels.

If I were allowed to ask farmer/haslam one question it would be not what is the plan but IS THERE A PLAN? Hope is great but a real plan is better.

How do you know its bullshit when Farmer has never put a team on the field before, or Pettine has never coached a team before? Or do you think there's like a Terminator factory on Lou Groza Boulevard that churns out Browns FO executives that are all of the mind and programming, or at least this factory converts incoming FO staff with the same Browns downgrade software package?

In all seriousness, so how do you intend to hold this FO "accountable" to your version reality? What's your plan? What do you expect them to do different that they aren't already doing? Or are you hoping someone else will hold this team accountable for you?

In all seriousness, so how do you intend to hold this FO "accountable" to your version reality? What's your plan? What do you expect them to do different that they aren't already doing? Or are you hoping someone else will hold this team accountable for you?

Well as a fan, I vote with my money. No Browns gear, no tickets purchased. While that doesnt impact them as I am only one person, I can speak out against incompetence. To not speak out is tantamount to endorsing this circus. For Christ sake, Haslam said one of the reasons they drafted jm was some homeless drunk asked him to... Are you f&cking kidding me?

So far as a plan..... I'd stop worrying about next years draft, we've done that for awhile now and gotten nowhere, because we are lousey at drafting players. I would have drafted a WR (maybe more than one) if I had the knowledge that Gordon had again screwed up. I would have looked at drafting a LB with talent, not this kirksey clown. Additionally I would be shopping for a trade partner who has a WR or ILB available. We have glaring holes on this team that have gone unaddressed. Those things need addressed. Oh I also would unload johnny tabloid before he implodes. Thats day one. Day two..... welll I've given you enough to make inanae comments on for now.

BDU I didnt realize what an insult it was when you would reference people as Sheplike.... I get it now. You could add this guy to those comments.

The more I think on it.. Our we situation is a very positive situation. We will do things the seahawks way.

The coaches this time around hold no grudges and no favorites.. so one is safe.. and no one is taken lightly. No one was drafted high and must start.. no one was given a huge contract that has to be justified with them seeing the field.

Maybe our wr situation is deliberate.. maybe shannahan (a well known we expert) had a hand at brining in the f's and udfa's we did.. maybe he saw something on tape. Maybe he's hoping a truly open competition will let the cream rise to the top.

Krause, Snead, Hawkins, Benjamin, Austin, Burleson.. etc.

We have an array if savvy veterans and VERY athletic young talent.

In my mind.. that may be a very good recipe

Well as a fan, I vote with my money. No Browns gear, no tickets purchased. While that doesnt impact them as I am only one person, I can speak out against incompetence. To not speak out is tantamount to endorsing this circus.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

For Christ sake, Haslam said one of the reasons they drafted jm was some homeless drunk asked him to... Are you f&cking kidding me?

Um, yes he was kidding you.

The more I think on it.. Our we situation is a very positive situation. We will do things the seahawks way.

The coaches this time around hold no grudges and no favorites.. so one is safe.. and no one is taken lightly. No one was drafted high and must start.. no one was given a huge contract that has to be justified with them seeing the field.

Maybe our wr situation is deliberate.. maybe shannahan (a well known we expert) had a hand at brining in the f's and udfa's we did.. maybe he saw something on tape. Maybe he's hoping a truly open competition will let the cream rise to the top.

Krause, Snead, Hawkins, Benjamin, Austin, Burleson.. etc.

We have an array if savvy veterans and VERY athletic young talent.

In my mind.. that may be a very good recipe

I dont get why people keep saying the Seahawks way with these receivers and this offense in general. Tate was a 2nd rounder, they just spent a 2nd on Richardson, brought in Miller at TE (2nd rounder), traded for Harvin (1st rounder)... Baldwin and Kearse went undrafted, but there's a good deal of early round talent around them. Those two are the exception. Minus Tate now, but they replaced him with Richardson. Point being, they went out of their way to add talent among their receivers. The Browns didn't really do that this offseason.

I dont get why people keep saying the Seahawks way with these receivers and this offense in general. Tate was a 2nd rounder, they just spent a 2nd on Richardson, brought in Miller at TE (2nd rounder), traded for Harvin (1st rounder)... Baldwin and Kearse went undrafted, but there's a good deal of early round talent around them. Those two are the exception. Minus Tate now, but they replaced him with Richardson. Point being, they went out of their way to add talent among their receivers. The Browns didn't really do that this offseason.

The Hawks also added kevin Norwood, who I'm high on and so were the Brown. In addition, the so-called "we don't care much about receivers" 49ers added two good receivers this off-season. So the Seahawks and 49ers, the two teams Farmer and Pettine cite as not putting a premimum on receivers, both went out and added two quality receivers this off-season.

I wasnt referring our WR core to theres.. I was referencing the mentality of..

Bring as much competition in as possible, bring in tons of FAs.. let them battle it out ad see who may suprise you.. like they did with their cornerbacks

I wasnt referring our WR core to theres.. I was referencing the mentality of..

Bring as much competition in as possible, bring in tons of FAs.. let them battle it out ad see who may suprise you.. like they did with their cornerbacks

Thats great and all, but they still added some sure fire talent on top of the ones left to duke it out. Right now all Cleveland has for sure are Cameron and Hawkins.

Posts have been moved to hell, I'm closing this thread. Sorry for conversations that have been cut short. We can resume more reasonable talks in a new thread any of you can feel free to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom