Building The Browns 2017 edition | Barking Hard

Building The Browns 2017 edition

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
#DawgPound #HueGottaBelieve #ComeGetSome

Some really nice player and coach snippets.

Mic'd up Senior Bowl practices. You get the feeling, working with those players that closely, with their instructional approach, they're going to identify some of the players they like.

Fuckin A Right. Too many straightlines...on both sides of the ball.

I hope his attitude carries over to the offense after being beat down again and again.

Everything we've been talking about on this board....

3 DRAFT NEEDS FOR THE CLEVELAND BROWNS
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-3-draft-needs-for-the-cleveland-browns/

- Starting QB: Obvious. Pretty much every one of us knows the importance here. Agreed re: targeting Mahomes II, though I will be happy so long as we "get our guy".

- Edge Rusher/Depth: Again, a gimme. We should be drafting Garrett first overall, and that would solve this problem.

- Safety/DB depth & versatility: Many have vouched for Hooker (not surprisingly) but I know little about him... about most DB prospects.

Pretty by-the-numbers analysis. If we play our cards right, we should be able to land prospects to address all three of these problem areas. With the draft being supposedly very deep at edge rusher and safety in particular. I expect one of those to be given tertiary designation in order to facilitate our search for a QB.

DeTeddy Bridgewatson, Jerry Grappolino, Codependent Kessler, none of 'em are the answer to the Browns woe's. The fact the Steelers are all over Mahomes tells me do extra diligence and put him at the top of the interested in list. Right beside Trubiski. Pick which one you like the best and the ine that doesn't interfere with building the D, or skip them all, build an elite D and plug in a QB in 2018.

KoK...I tend to agree at this point.

I think the options are Trubisky and Mahomes. Watson just doesn't have the arm or frame for the AFCN in my opinion. Garappolo is fools gold....basically a 3rd round talent with 94 passes...no thanks. Kizer/Kaaya have way too many question marks from what I have gathered.

So...if you don't go after Trubisky or Mahomes...wait it out another year and see what Kessler has. If he can improve on last year...then you have a huge draft again to surround him with even more talent. If he is still a low end arm guy that just gets by...then maneuver the draft with the 3 2nd round picks and get the QB you want.

So...if you don't go after Trubisky or Mahomes...wait it out another year and see what Kessler has. If he can improve on last year...then you have a huge draft again to surround him with even more talent. If he is still a low end arm guy that just gets by...then maneuver the draft with the 3 2nd round picks and get the QB you want.

DF having the three second rounders and one of the top three picks again next year the FO should be able to make something happen! (that assumes of course that the team sucks ass again this year which IMHO is a VERY VERY strong possibility.

Watched this yesterday. Really excellent video and insights.

Agree on liking Williams. Seems like a jerk but in the best possible way: he wants his guys to excel and the team to excel along with them. He will teach but he will also demand accountability and performance. And I like the seeming mutual respect but competition between Williams and Hue.

After watching this first part, I can get behind going defense with our top two picks this year and then adding BPA after, which likely results in us rolling with Kessler and Osweiler this year. I won't mind watching losses if they're 14-9 losses.

In fact, I kinda feel like we might see some 17-14 wins with Williams plus the top defenders.

new video that's out today. They show Myles Garrett like 10 times, no other players more than once, not a sight of any QBs in first 10 mins at least. The pick is in gentlemen Myles Garrett #1.

EDIT: They showed Trubisky throw a pass in the first 10 minutes. My bad.

Last edited:
Like honestly... skip to 11:11 and watch for a few seconds. While you're watching, remember that the Cleveland Browns are the ones who produced this. "Hello Cleveland."

The pick is in lol.

Dude 1/3 of this video is a Myles Garrett hype video that was PRODUCED by the Cleveland Browns. Am I also presuming that the sun is going to come up tomorrow???

Crapola. You saw what you wanted to see. That's all.

They showed Garrett 3 maybe 4 times. They also showed Trubisky .

It's really no surprise you chose not to see him or the other players they showed.

Crapola. You saw what you wanted to see. That's all.

They showed Garrett 3 maybe 4 times. They also showed Trubisky .

It's really no surprise you chose not to see him or the other players they showed.

Pat Elflein circlejerk at 4:45, MYLES GARRETT BENCHING AT 7:26 then in sequence some dude doing the 40, OBI WAN KENOBI using his force powers to jump out of the gym. Then the false prophet Trubisky throws a pass, never to be seen again. Peppers then does some weird shit, and other players do some drills.

Fast forward, at 9:00 minutes, we see an actual IN GAME HIGHLIGHT of a Myles Garrett deflected pass turned inteception as Sashi Brown talks about projecting how a player plays in college and how their game translates to the NFL.

10:5 BUUUUUUDA does his 40, some other random dudes, then it becomes silent and the narrator stops talking.... 11:11 MYLES GARRETT CIRCLEJERK "Hello Cleveland". Some other random players, then we get to see OBI WAN KENOBI use his force powers to jump again. Then we get to see Jamal Adams catch some passes, and some dudes bench.

So many I exaggerated how blatant it was that they're selecting Garrett. But damn dude are you actually arguing with me over this point that we're gonna select him/this video clearly hypes him up?

Pat Elflein circlejerk at 4:45, MYLES GARRETT BENCHING AT 7:26 then in sequence some dude doing the 40, OBI WAN KENOBI using his force powers to jump out of the gym. Then the false prophet Trubisky throws a pass, never to be seen again. Peppers then does some weird shit, and other players do some drills.

Fast forward, at 9:00 minutes, we see an actual IN GAME HIGHLIGHT of a Myles Garrett deflected pass turned inteception as Sashi Brown talks about projecting how a player plays in college and how their game translates to the NFL.

10:5 BUUUUUUDA does his 40, some other random dudes, then it becomes silent and the narrator stops talking.... 11:11 MYLES GARRETT CIRCLEJERK "Hello Cleveland". Some other random players, then we get to see OBI WAN KENOBI use his force powers to jump again. Then we get to see Jamal Adams catch some passes, and some dudes bench.

So many I exaggerated how blatant it was that they're selecting Garrett. But damn dude are you actually arguing with me over this point that we're gonna select him/this video clearly hypes him up?

Wow. You finally got around to watching the video. Why didn't you see any one but Buster Garrett when you put up post #12?

You wrote: "not a sight of any QBs in first 10 mins at least" and I said Thanks for the pile of presumption.

You saw what you wanted to see.

Funny how those other players showed up when you finally looked for someone other than Garrett.

If you want to believe it's a hype piece for a DE prospect, go right ahead.

Feel free to enjoy your wet dream.

- Starting QB: Obvious. Pretty much every one of us knows the importance here. Agreed re: targeting Mahomes II, though I will be happy so long as we "get our guy".

- Edge Rusher/Depth: Again, a gimme. We should be drafting Garrett first overall, and that would solve this problem.

- Safety/DB depth & versatility: Many have vouched for Hooker (not surprisingly) but I know little about him... about most DB prospects.

Pretty by-the-numbers analysis. If we play our cards right, we should be able to land prospects to address all three of these problem areas. With the draft being supposedly very deep at edge rusher and safety in particular. I expect one of those to be given tertiary designation in order to facilitate our search for a QB.

Garrett at one is a no-brainer. The question is the 12th pick. I say Watson or Trubisky will be there, a lot of mocks have O.J. Howard at the 12th pick. The CB class is very deep, I like Kevin King (Wash). Chidobe Awuzie (Colo), and Fabian Moreau (UCLA), one of those guys will be there in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Top Bottom