2020 NBA news & Stories | Barking Hard

2020 NBA news & Stories

madmadworld

The Official TV Watcher
Awards
Watching the warriors lose ..... the joy is gone... so soon... so sad. they suck.

Bucks on a Mission ? one Lopez was not enough so they added another one.
one set of brothers not enough plus 1 Antetokounmpo's.

Heat... are back....... with Jimmy & friends. these guys Hustle every night.

Can Luke remove the King's curse ? or funk or whatever it is. they've had so many good players for years, but like the Clip's losing is a habit.

more news

A month later so much has happened but mostly is the same.
Lakers & Bucks still leading. AD goes down with a bang the sound was bad, you could feel it in your bones.

Well EE your Grizzlies 7-3 lately. Morant getting much earned headlines. my rookie pick Brandon Clarke leading the team with .635 shooting(6th in NBA) 12.4 points @ 21minutes. just maybe he should get more play time.
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/1...-grizzlies-nba-draft-stats-highlights-gonzaga

Who will be traded ?

Ja is a little lightning rod and he has been a lot of fun to watch, what I've seen. The Grizzlies going all-in on the retro Vancouver Grizzlies (they've done the court/jerseys at least 3-4 times already this year) is my favourite thing about this season.

I haven't been that in the loop to be honest but as football comes to a close I will probably. Also hockey has been more in my mind... haven't watched any but co-workers who do and such.

Watched a bit of the LA/Denver game last night. Denver has a damn good squad.

Kids

How about this idea.
Let NBA teams draft kids coming out of HS or after any college year, but allow these kids to play in college if the NBA team wants them to develop more. NBA teams could pay them say $2,000 ?? a month x 12. so the kids aren't broke etc

Movie Stuff

That 4th qtr last night of Kings vs T-Wolves then the overtime. was a joy to watch or a nightmare. Buddy Hield was just a Star. Then De'Aaron Fox text book miss on the Free throw was lie something out of Hollywood. meanwhile the T-Wolves looked like the Washington Generals. or worse

How do these Kings lose so much ? been asking that for years. but too often they find ways.

I just checked the standings to see who we are in competition with for the #1 draft choice. Lol at the Warriors this season. I'm not sure what exactly happened there but no wonder I haven't seen bandwagon fans/shirts of Curry of late.

But yeah they'll probably beat us in the draft :roflmao:

How about this idea.
Let NBA teams draft kids coming out of HS or after any college year, but allow these kids to play in college if the NBA team wants them to develop more. NBA teams could pay them say $2,000 ?? a month x 12. so the kids aren't broke etc

Yeah it's not like college basketball players now go to class anyway lol

Chris Wallace has been doing a lot of work to rebuild the Grizzlies and this latest trade with the Heat feels like a coup, dumping Igoudala, adding Winslow who will be another piece to add to a very talented young core w/ Ja, Triple J and Clarke

I tend to track the Cavs through google. I saw the team was playing the Wizards on Friday so I googled the score. Didn't realize the game was next Friday because of the All Star Break.

I think Mark Price was in the last All Star Game I actually watched lol. The 3 point shootout and slam dunk contest I did enjoy for a while growing up. It's been at least 10 years since I watched it though. Mark Price winning back to back the 3 point contest was my favorite memory. I still remember Kobe's first slam dunk contest. With the tragedy it seems pretty cool to have watched that.

All-Star Weekend

I like all of All-Star Weekend always watch it all. well after it's over, time management. till this year the celebrity game: I started watching till after the intro of the celebrity's, I didn't know any of them. hard to get into that!

I didn't see the need to alter the 3 point shootout. whatever
The slam dunk was better than average.
The roast(that's new) of Inside the NBA crew had moments. maybe they could do it somehow every year. but I don't know how. they blew away 4 years at once.
roasting players who lost all their money ? oh wait .. too cruel :rolldice:

All-Star game

Well that All-Star game was good and different. plus LBJ won
one thing about this game is I can remember the winning point total. and likely to recall it a week from now......that's different.

Chris Wallace has been doing a lot of work to rebuild the Grizzlies and this latest trade with the Heat feels like a coup, dumping Igoudala, adding Winslow who will be another piece to add to a very talented young core w/ Ja, Triple J and Clarke

I keep thinking about this. The Grizzlies are IMO, as fun as they've ever been to watch (and that's saying something. Grindhouse wasn't exactly 'fun' basketball y'know?) and the young core just has me so excited. They're hungry. The whole Iggy saga, man fuck him, showed me that we've made the right moves. Moving on from Mike Conley was the right move, moving on from Gasol was the right move, because that was what would help promote stagnancy. You don't get better by doing the same things and expecting similar results.

Valanciunas is thriving in Memphis, a team that actually gives him minutes. Crazy!

I dunno if they make the playoffs (currently 8th and .500) but if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave a top seed some trouble because of how fearless they play.

If I cant be a "fan" by following through Twitter and Game recap highlights then I don't WANT to be lol

I tend to track the Cavs through google. I saw the team was playing the Wizards on Friday so I googled the score. Didn't realize the game was next Friday because of the All Star Break.

I think Mark Price was in the last All Star Game I actually watched lol. The 3 point shootout and slam dunk contest I did enjoy for a while growing up. It's been at least 10 years since I watched it though. Mark Price winning back to back the 3 point contest was my favorite memory. I still remember Kobe's first slam dunk contest. With the tragedy it seems pretty cool to have watched that.

Testing

I keep hearing these talking heads saying the NBA would look bad getting & testing it's players. so all of a sudden people with $$$ getting stuff ....is ?
I just find it ridiculous.

These players & owners have more invested in their closets than most of us will make in 10 years or more. not to mention Private Jet planes.......

Ufc

Dana White said last Friday he had ran 1200 tests on 300 people in Jacksonville. did he catch any heat ? not that I heard.
Looks like Green light to me.

Old Games:

Anyone catch any retro basketball?

I've watched whatever they'll show. I PVR'd an old Raptors/Bulls contest since Last Dance is so hot right now (Wifey is really smitten by MJ lmao) I am excited to watch that. Watched the Cavs win the NBA championship again, that game 7 was so fucking intense and I forgot just how fucking good that game was because I was too busy like... losing my shit when it happened lmao. Old Hockey too, Gretzky. Yeah, so it is what it is.

It's only a matter of time before Dollars override sense. (Just playing a pun lets not make this political)

Old Games:

Anyone catch any retro basketball?

I've watched whatever they'll show. I PVR'd an old Raptors/Bulls contest since Last Dance is so hot right now (Wifey is really smitten by MJ lmao) I am excited to watch that. Watched the Cavs win the NBA championship again, that game 7 was so fucking intense and I forgot just how fucking good that game was because I was too busy like... losing my shit when it happened lmao. Old Hockey too, Gretzky. Yeah, so it is what it is

It's only a matter of time before Dollars override sense. (Just playing a pun lets not make this political)

EE is this game you were thinking of? I remember last year I discovered it when the Raptors made their run. Mighty Mouse or Damon Staudmoire I used to like so it reminded me of that era.

Top Bottom