Obj 2020 | Page 7 | Barking Hard

Obj 2020

That's my honest question, Grey, and I'm genuinely curious to see it. Diggs arguably had his best season but it didn't change his mind about the targets. He was miserable.

For a lot of WRs, it comes down to raw looks and nothing else matters. They want you to throw them the farging ball, period. We'll see.

No reason to let talent leave the building when we're very much under the cap and as long as he doesn't spout off with tantrums on the sideline and/or become a distraction. And why hasn't anyone in the media asked him why he painted clowns on his shoes? Seems like he was making a statement somehow, but who or what could the target possibly be??

Anyway here are OBJ's contract notes with a link to his contract in whole.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/odell-beckham-jr-14421/

Contract Notes:
  • $40.95M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2018 salary + 2019 salary + $2.75M of 2020 salary)
  • Remaining $11.25M of 2020 salary fullty guarantees on 3/20/2020
  • $12.791M of 2021 salary fully guarantees on the 3rd league day of 2021
  • 2021-2023 Roster Bonus: $1M (paid the 1st day of training camp if he reports)
  • Annual Workout Bonus: $250,000
  • 2022-2023 Escalators (each)
  • 96 receptions ($500,000)
    1,374 yards ($500,000)
    12 TDs ($500,000)
    $1M bonus for playoffs

Yeah, the ideal is he settles in and both parties are happy. If not, the reality is that he's the WR, not the QB, and he can be replaced.

Longer term, I do question how long they'll pay 30m+ for 2 WRs. If it's seriously clicking, you find a way... but if you think you can draft and/or promote and get as much production, you do it. Cap is a constantly monitored situation, always looking to reconfigure it.

If we do indeed have a full season this year and post atleast 8
wins, it’s win win if OBJ balls out he will provide excellent trade
value or a determination to want to ride on the Browns train in
21?
We can grab picks and players from his moving on, so here’s
to OBJ getting it done!

I don't really like OBJ other than his talent, but yeah. We're way under the cap. Why not keep him around for another year, develop one or two of the young WR's and add another WR next year if we can? Maybe we can bring his value up to collect a 2nd rd pick next year. That and another 3rd, maybe, for Vernon.

Throwing away talent?
Landry a 100 out of a 100, leader in the locker room.
OBJ is very good- not so much last year, don’t forget what
we gave up for him
If he commits and doesn’t beg every other team to come
get him I’m in no hurry to moving him but if we can get
what we gave up to get him I’d like to hear about it.

If he commits and doesn’t beg every other team to come get him

Did anything ever come of this? I remember it being, at the time, weak as fuck. Glazer and Silver reported it, or something? Because they'd never, ever, report on something weak just to make the Browns look bad. Couldn't be.

We can't still be on Odell wanting out. If Odell wanted out, he'd be out.

Sooner or later, we have to learn to trust and love again. It's okay. Odell wants to be with us. He really does. He's not tryna' fuck anyone else.

Relax BDU,
OBJ is fine with me and if the stories BS it’s just that.
I’m not looking to throw him away.
Landry-OBJ at thirty million is on two guys something
has to give so Im trying to make clear that if there’s
a financial burden with that amount of money then for
me the choice is easy Landry is a bonafide leader and
OBJ Isn’t. just because they played together it doesn’t mean
there the same personality OBJ wants Lebron style of
greatness he wants a high profile west coast lifestyle
You don’t get that in Cleveland, it’s not that town.
Landry is just electric and players feed off of that.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Landry-OBJ at thirty million is on two guys something
has to give so Im trying to make clear that if there’s
a financial burden with that amount of money then for
me the choice is easy Landry is a bonafide leader and
OBJ Isn’t.

I agree.

Although, I will note that it depends who builds the better chemistry with Mayfield. If Odell is correct in saying that something special is coming for him, I'm going to take the receiver who produces every single time - leadership be damned.

Receiver is one of the positions where I am okay with a guy who isn't the best leader. Especially while we've got the likes of Chubb and Mayfield as our unquestioned leaders anyway.

If Odell emerges are Mayfield's top target, I think Landry is the guy I'd be happy to move on from.

You were clear, by the way. I wasn't taking a shot at you. Just a shot as the flimsy reporting directed at the Browns. I think it was all-too-easy to sink the boot in, and I think it actually hurt our team and the on-field results. I feel for Odell. The guy has pointed out he was dealing with serious injury which required surgery, playing through pain, and this narrative was being pumped that he's just lazy and doesn't want to play for his team? Gross. I do think it frustrated him, but he hasn't put a foot wrong since and he's shown he's happy to be a Cleveland Brown.

Moneytard already heading into accumulating draft picks mode to draft more low-skill SPARQY boys that his laptop says are great. I would expect OBJ, Landry, Mayfield and Garrett to all be traded by the deadline.

Well we can deduct from them shopping OBJ that The Laptop is in full tank mode after 1 game.

Moneytard already heading into accumulating draft picks mode to draft more low-skill SPARQY boys that his laptop says are great. I would expect OBJ, Landry, Mayfield and Garrett to all be traded by the deadline.

Well we can deduct from them shopping OBJ that The Laptop is in full tank mode after 1 game.

They can trade Garrett... Hes useless and has no impact whatsoever..

Top Bottom